How to properly clear cone jets on RX20

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
I have been getting some clogging lately on one of my jets. Haven't seen much of this for a couple years, then lately been cropping up a bit.. Once before i tried to poke through the hole, and destroyed the baffle the creates the spray pattern. i have a spare, but don't recall how to get the little tiny thing out of there!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I have been getting some clogging lately on one of my jets. Haven't seen much of this for a couple years, then lately been cropping up a bit.. Once before i tried to poke through the hole, and destroyed the baffle the creates the spray pattern. i have a spare, but don't recall how to get the little tiny thing out of there!
They can be a pain, not to mention ridiculously expensive. I had a persistent problem with one jet too. It was impossible, it seemed, to get that little baffle out and if you drop it and lose it, then the jet is useless. I actually paid over 30 bucks once just for that tiny piece of metal cause I lost one. My suggestion is if after soaking the jet in CLR or white vinegar and you still can't get it to work put a regular stainless steel 8002 or 8015 on there. You might be surprised at how well it works and they're a whole lot easier to deal with. I continued to go ahead and use the 2 cone jets that were newer and not causing problems along with one 8015 or 02. That's what I did and my RX-20 worked fine like that. It may take a special tool to get that little baffle out. I found them way more trouble than they're worth.

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
I run five 11001 jets .
I hate to push a wand some days / today.
20170426_120853.jpg

Last edited:

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
The conical jets come apart. Like Randy mentioned you can lose the vane very easily. Just like all jets, soaking them in CLR will do wonders. I also like to blow it out with compressed air.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Here's an on the job trick that may help if it "just" happened. Hook the tool directly to the panel with zero solution hose in between and blow it out. Many times if it's just a small obstruction, it shall pass! Works quick wonders sometimes, others not so much.

Do you normally use a strainer on the end of the solution line?

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
They can be a pain, not to mention ridiculously expensive. I had a persistent problem with one jet too. It was impossible, it seemed, to get that little baffle out and if you drop it and lose it, then the jet is useless. I actually paid over 30 bucks once just for that tiny piece of metal cause I lost one. My suggestion is if after soaking the jet in CLR or white vinegar and you still can't get it to work put a regular stainless steel 8002 or 8015 on there. You might be surprised at how well it works and they're a whole lot easier to deal with. I continued to go ahead and use the 2 cone jets that were newer and not causing problems along with one 8015 or 02. That's what I did and my RX-20 worked fine like that. It may take a special tool to get that little baffle out. I found them way more trouble than they're worth.
i saw one person on another forum that pointed out that the slots are half length on the HE version. are there any dry rime issues because of the regular jets and the short vacuum slots?
Someone said 80 width is a better ber because of this? anyone experiment with different jets?

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Here's an on the job trick that may help if it "just" happened. Hook the tool directly to the panel with zero solution hose in between and blow it out. Many times if it's just a small obstruction, it shall pass! Works quick wonders sometimes, others not so much.

Do you normally use a strainer on the end of the solution line?
The RX-20 has a good strainer in the handle assembly that actually works pretty good, but occasionally a little gunk or something will get inside one of those cone jets and it gets stuck around the vane or baffle or whatever you call it and it's very hard to dislodge sometimes. On one jet I just absolutely couldn't clear it. Here is the part. It's called a vein for the cone jets. It's a very tiny special piece of metal and can be a real pain to get out if not impossible. Very difficult to get the jet cleaned with it in there sometimes. If you can get hold of it and pull it out then it's not a problem as long as you don't drop it! That tiny piece of metal is now 44.74 making it the most expensive piece of metal I've ever personally seen in my life. One whole jet is now 84.64. Crazy high. http://www.jondon.com/ea-veinh-e-cone-jet-rx.html

Only good thing about these jets is I personally only rarely had a problem with one and they lasted a very long time.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
i saw one person on another forum that pointed out that the slots are half length on the HE version. are there any dry rime issues because of the regular jets and the short vacuum slots?
Someone said 80 width is a better ber because of this? anyone experiment with different jets?
I didn't have any dry time issues with it. As the star is turning it's picking up any over spray. You can also angle the jet a bit so it's not too far past the vacuum slot. By the time you sit the machine down on the carpet that 80 degree angle gets a whole lot narrower. The distance of the jet to the carpet is pretty short. I used it on all types of carpets w/o a problem. Believe me, it was better than going into do a job only to find that one jet wasn't spraying at all.