How to Price Gutter Cleaning?

Mar 1, 2019
Real Name
Lynn Leiby
I just started gutter cleaning to my window cleaning service. I use the most powerful ShopVac on the market to suction out the gutters from the ground, minimizing ladder work. I ran a water line along my suction pipes so that I can switch from shopvac suction to the water flush. I have a GoPro mounted on the top so I can see the inside of the gutters on my smartphone from the ground.

My question: Many people are talking about charging set price per linear ft. Do you assess how full the gutters are first? What if a house has 200 ft of gutter but only about 3 or 4 ft have debris build-up at the downspout? Would you climb up there to do a physical inspection first and then charge per the amount of feet you actually clean out? Or just measure the 200 ft of gutter and multiply total times your rate per linear ft?

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
check out
window cleaning resources forum
they have many guys that can help

ccclean

Mar 12, 2016
Real Name
Stephen Boisvert
I just started gutter cleaning to my window cleaning service. I use the most powerful ShopVac on the market to suction out the gutters from the ground, minimizing ladder work. I ran a water line along my suction pipes so that I can switch from shopvac suction to the water flush. I have a GoPro mounted on the top so I can see the inside of the gutters on my smartphone from the ground.

My question: Many people are talking about charging set price per linear ft. Do you assess how full the gutters are first? What if a house has 200 ft of gutter but only about 3 or 4 ft have debris build-up at the downspout? Would you climb up there to do a physical inspection first and then charge per the amount of feet you actually clean out? Or just measure the 200 ft of gutter and multiply total times your rate per linear ft?
You can’t clean gutters properly with a shop-vac from the ground.

You have sticks, pinecones, inches of roof grit and most importantly clogged down spouts.

Get a ladder with stabilizers to keep it off the gutter, get up there, hang a bucket on the gutter scoop it then flush the gutter down with a hose to make sure it’s working properly.

I charge $2 a foot with up charge for screens/gutter guard or especially tough pieces.

And if only 1 foot is dirty but the gutter is 50 feet I charge for 50 feet.

If you have a good route you can do $750 a day with about $10 in cost. (aside from risking your life)

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike

You have sticks, pinecones, inches of roof grit and most importantly clogged down spouts.

Get a ladder with stabilizers to keep it off the gutter, get up there, hang a bucket on the gutter scoop it then flush the gutter down with a hose to make sure it’s working properly.

I charge $2 a foot with up charge for screens/gutter guard or especially tough pieces.

If you have a good route you can do $750 a day with about $10 in cost. (aside from risking your life)
yea i hate ladder work! however we clean an entire hotel this week i dont like being in booms full extended either lol

Attachments

NickNZ

Jul 14, 2016
Real Name
Nick Kelly

I'd disagree, sure they wont be spotlessly clean but they can be cleared very well with a gutter vac, if you can flush and vac at the same time its much easier to clear wet debris with a vac than dry. as far as downspouts go you should be able to hear if they are clear with the vac but they can be flushed with telescopic wands too if need be.