Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Having a poly tester on hand helps as does a carpet microscope. This way you can determine fiber type and whether your dealing with wear and tear or stubborn soiling.

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
I cleaned my own carpet and upholstery with just hot water today.... I know that it's blasphemy, but water is kind of the best solvent ever.....
Water is a universal solvent!

BigPapa

Apr 11, 2013
Real Name
Dan Ziegler
Water is a universal solvent!
LOL...Yea...It's been that way for years....I remember my first real job ( cleaning for my Mother )....I had to just use cold water, because of all the " blue luster " soap I was getting.
I'm still new to this " rinse " idea....acid, alkaline...I've tried many...Rob's...Harvard, I can't see a difference...I use soft water...I just don't know...Why spend the money If you can't see a difference...My clients don't say any thing either way.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
You actually have a poly test?
Is it mainly process of elimination, ruling out nylon , olefin?

Yes and no. Polyester and Olefin are almost identical in affinity for oil and wear. So eliminating nylon is key.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Reactions: KSL

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
So many variables to what prespray to use and how much is needed. Sand, urine, oily soils.....each one is totally different.

I don’t think there is a “One size fits all” answer to this question. Unfortunately it’s hard to teach when there are so many variables. You will never be able to present every condition in the classroom that one might walk in to. Experience through trial and error is about the only way one can learn.
what if I told you that there is a one size fits all procedure and a one size fits all pre-spray that has been put side to side to each and every one of the most sold products out there and it has beat at least 80% of the products it was compared with and provided equal to slightly better results to the the others.

forget about the myth of different products for different applications bull shit they have been selling you all this time. Want a sample. Just top make it clear I'm not promoting nor selling. I have been producing my own product for over 7 years and its not for sale. Just for the purpose of education, I can put it against any other product in the market you guys choose which product and type of surface.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Sorry to step on your toes but there will be times when a pre spray will not be needed.

Ive been there.

such case as in some one using a detergent (dish or resolve) leaving a bunch or residue behind. Why wold you need to apply a prespray? you might just need to rinse it.

and you still charge for your service?? no pun intended

Reactions: Luky

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
what if I told you that there is a one size fits all procedure and a one size fits all pre-spray that has been put side to side to each and every one of the most sold products out there and it has beat at least 80% of the products it was compared with and provided equal to slightly better results to the the others.

forget about the myth of different products for different applications bull shit they have been selling you all this time. Want a sample. Just top make it clear I'm not promoting nor selling. I have been producing my own product for over 7 years and its not for sale. Just for the purpose of education, I can put it against any other product in the market you guys choose which product and type of surface.

b4710555bc6f1f19bb085f369160bc47.jpg

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
The key is how to build a business around new/inexperienced technicians who have a reliable/repeatable process to properly determine what they are cleaning...

Welcome to the biggest obstacle in this business. How to take a new guy and make him relatively competent in 2-3 weeks.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
exactly, if your an owner operator sure bring your tool kit with your microscope, burn test kits, soil load calculators, protractor, and a pocket protector lol

but if your trying to run a business what you need is a repeatable system that is easily taught and a pre spray mix that can easily handle 95% of the jobs youll run into.

Latest posts