How to piss off a carpet cleaner

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
When a customer starts cleaning the oven and leaves after you start the work.
I have found this very common occurrence, people have a tendency to clean rest of their house(e.g. kitchen ), mostly using bleach, Pine - sol and some other cleaning solutions, which emit far worse vapors than our pre sprays combined . And yet, they won't hesitate to ask: Are your cleaning solutions safe for my family and pets?

Reactions: Wec and CCWorks
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
What pisses me off the most is cancellations, the only thing that pisses me off more than cancellations is late cancellations.

I had a guy call me yesterday wanting a cleaning for today so I added him on the schedule and when I sent him a text letting him know we was on our way he cancelled. :mad:

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I hate cancellations more than anything
I hate them with a passion. We all know if we scheduled an appointment and either didn't show up or told them we wasn't going to be able to do it they would be furious and blast our business. Yet for some reason it is ok for customers to do it to service providers. I probably get more cancellations than anyone else on TMF, at least 2-3 a week and average of 4 a week. I belong to several local Facebook groups and I see people putting businesses on blast if they feel like they was wronged, wonder what would happen if I put people that late cancel on blast.

WWW.FiveStar-Clean.Com

Sep 12, 2013
Real Name
Michael Olson
f2cd6aaf9a827aa3b65e2cff4c1447cf.jpg
show up to a customers house to clean 6 rooms and they have this sitting by the entryway tell you they were able to borrow this from a friend and they only need you to get out a Kool-Aid stain out ask you how much $$ my reply is $250 they ask how come so much I tell them $50 to remove the stain $200 for canceling the 6 rooms The best part about it was my assistant emptied the waste tank in her sewer clean out... hopefully it back up her sewer

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

JojoFC

Nov 19, 2016
Las vegas
Real Name
Jojo jananto
Business Location
United States
When you just got done with an office on 8th floor. Go down to 5th floor for the second job. And get asked to do another office on........8th floor.
I know i want more jobs...but damn....

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I hate them with a passion. We all know if we scheduled an appointment and either didn't show up or told them we wasn't going to be able to do it they would be furious and blast our business. Yet for some reason it is ok for customers to do it to service providers. I probably get more cancellations than anyone else on TMF, at least 2-3 a week and average of 4 a week. I belong to several local Facebook groups and I see people putting businesses on blast if they feel like they was wronged, wonder what would happen if I put people that late cancel on blast.
amen on that,, I always feel like if I don't schedule the job correctly it could cancel so I am sure to get in the whole spill about the work, payments, and arrival times..

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Dogs barking at me.

Most courteous homeowners put their animals away, like the folks I've been working for this week. Others though just leave them out to continually bark who wants to hear that all day

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Good cooking when I'm starving! Which is usually always.

Bad cooking when I'm hungry :mad: learn how to cook. Lady gave me a mayonnaise peanut butter sandwich once Blegh almost barfed didn't expect mayonnaise in lieu of jelly!

Hadn't been at it too long when that happened was trying to be polite. Learned me a lesson I did

Sierra Clean Care

Feb 22, 2015
Real Name
Jeff T.
Customer trying to pay me in moonshine.... HOW THE F¥€K am I supposed to feed my kids with that?......... He's like 'Ya, it's worth twice the invoice price'...... What, you want me to go downtown, and hock it off to all the bums?

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Customer trying to pay me in moonshine.... HOW THE F¥€K am I supposed to feed my kids with that?......... He's like 'Ya, it's worth twice the invoice price'...... What, you want me to go downtown, and hock it off to all the bums?

Lol

I get seniors who ask for discounts the last one asked it for a repair, I said NO you've had longer to save for it.

They laughed and I restretched 3 rooms for em

Reactions: agrantnz

Busy Bee Floor Care

Jan 11, 2013
Real Name
Jeff Gardner
f2cd6aaf9a827aa3b65e2cff4c1447cf.jpg
show up to a customers house to clean 6 rooms and they have this sitting by the entryway tell you they were able to borrow this from a friend and they only need you to get out a Kool-Aid stain out ask you how much $$ my reply is $250 they ask how come so much I tell them $50 to remove the stain $200 for canceling the 6 rooms The best part about it was my assistant emptied the waste tank in her sewer clean out... hopefully it back up her sewer

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums
I was actually paid with a rug doctor on a small 2 room job. Sold the unit for $150. I was happy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using TMF Forums mobile app

Latest posts