How to lube your blower (VIDEO)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

spotman123

Jan 3, 2010
new york
Real Name
spot man
Business Location
United States
Fernando, good spot! We need more videos like that. One thing I would add is to use the recommended grease that their blower calls for. Correct me if I am wrong but not all grease is the same?? Thanks again spotman

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Thanks Fenando I saved this to the TMF Playlist. A lot of folks neglect lubricating their blowers. We grease ours every 4 weeks. Also good tip about pumping the gun until grease comes out on the grease drip pan. That is when you know you are done.

gjboerema

Jul 12, 2008
ILLINOIS
Hello Everyone, :)
After Using Cheap Grease from Auto parts Stores on a 59 Blower and it costing me a $1300.00+ Repair Bill :AddEmoticons04259:- I ONLY use the..... GREASE ROOTS SUGGESTS - Its alot cheaper than overheating or wear on the Bearings. :AddEmoticons04259:

Shell Darina® Greases SD
Multipurpose, non-soap greases that give excellent lubrication for extended time periods, in wet or dry applications, and over a wide range of temperatures. They are also formulated to provide extreme pressure (EP) characteristics.

Shell Darina Greases SD are based on a non-melting bentonite clay thickener system. Due to the inert nature of the clay, these greases are suitable for applications where the lubricant is exposed to contaminants such as water and chemicals found in many industrial applications including chemical plants and paper mills. These greases are not recommended for use in centralized lubrication systems.
Applications

Excellent for applications in the following environments:• industrial grease-lubricated machinery at temperatures up to 250°F (350°F with frequent lubrication)

•Ball, roller, and sleeve bearings, and grease lubricated gears
•Wet and heavily loaded applications
•Chemical plants and paper mills
•Mining and process plants
•Non-melting
•Excellent resistance to water washout
•Good load carrying capability
•Good resistance to rust and corrosion

ALSO SEE ROOTS WESITE: PAGE 8
http://rootsblower.com/documents/URAI/urai_man_isrb-2002.pdf

Dec 9, 2009
California
Real Name
Kevin Price
Business Location
United States
I'm pretty sure this doesnt apply to Prochem or Sapphire systems, we use WD-40 through the lubrication inlet at the end of each day, that's all I've ever been told to do.
Probably because your blower was a dual splash.The grease Fernando is showing you is a synthectic,so it will handle higher heat.

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
I'm pretty sure this doesnt apply to Prochem or Sapphire systems, we use WD-40 through the lubrication inlet at the end of each day, that's all I've ever been told to do.
WD-40 is only to lubricate the internal blower lobes after operation.
ALL Blowers either have grease fittings to grease the bearings or oil that lubricates them that needs to be changed once in awhile.
Or you can have oil lubricated on the gear end and grease fittings on the drive end.

You better learn about maintenance on your blowers before you end up with an expensive repair from lack of lubrication.
It is more than WD-40 at the end of the day.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I use to use a spray by Liquid wrench. It was the best Because it was Non-Flammable, Solvent free and was a Rust inhibitor. But now its so hard to find. It may have been discontinued. Now I use a oil just for Turbine/blowers that can withstand high temperatures but its expensive.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I have been curious in Using Mobile 1 Full Synthetic bearing Grease. I wonder it that would work fine?