How to identify hardwood floor coat is Aluminum Oxide Finish ?I get a recoat job

nbaabc1234

Jan 25, 2019
Real Name
NICK
Hello guys, I got a hardwood screen and reocat job ,so I'm ready to appy water base-polyurethane on it after screen,but my friend tolod me ,if there is a Aluminum Oxide coat on the floor ,you can't just screen it out and recoat .My question is how to identify hardwood floor above have the Aluminum Oxide finish ,what does it look like ,How is it visually different from Water Base and oil base polyurethane coat??

BOSSCLEAN

Feb 24, 2017
Real Name
Garret Onno
Hello guys, I got a hardwood screen and reocat job ,so I'm ready to appy water base-polyurethane on it after screen,but my friend tolod me ,if there is a Aluminum Oxide coat on the floor ,you can't just screen it out and recoat .My question is how to identify hardwood floor above have the Aluminum Oxide finish ,what does it look like ,How is it visually different from Water Base and oil base polyurethane coat??

Augh aluminum oxide and hardwood. My man, walk away. Walk far far away. Been there done that and wish I hadn’t. Mentally.