How to handle a bounced check. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

How to handle a bounced check.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
How much is it? Is it worth your time? She knows she owes you she will pay just discuss it with her. If you thinks it's worth the time go to small claims court.

It's not the money, it's the principal. I will go after her legally. Just want to know how is all.

Jose Rodriguez

May 28, 2012
Real Name
Jose Rodriguez
Johnny, I normally cash a check like that at a check cashing place. It only happened to me once.

the organic cleaner

Apr 16, 2014
California and Central Texas
Real Name
Glenn Stewart
This is for California cleaners please as this is a California situation and each state's laws are different.

I got some biatch from hell who when she paid me gave me a post dated check. I waited till after the date on the check and took it to my bank, same bank as hers. They told me there was no money in the account. I did this three or four times over the last 6 weeks. Finally got fed up and just deposited it into my account and it bounced and I got hit with a small fee. v

So I call the lady today and she gives me all kinds of crap. So I told her either pay up or I'll take her to court. She hung up on me.

So my question is how to I get my money? :)
Johnny how much is the check written for? If your not comfortable posting here then call me or PM me bro. Depending on the value of the check will depend on the answer I have for you.

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
This is for California cleaners please as this is a California situation and each state's laws are different.

I got some biatch from hell who when she paid me gave me a post dated check. I waited till after the date on the check and took it to my bank, same bank as hers. They told me there was no money in the account. I did this three or four times over the last 6 weeks. Finally got fed up and just deposited it into my account and it bounced and I got hit with a small fee. v

So I call the lady today and she gives me all kinds of crap. So I told her either pay up or I'll take her to court. She hung up on me.

So my question is how to I get my money? :)
Report it to the sheriff department. She will get a letter to appear in court of course. But if you when she can be required to pay more then she owes.

Reactions: Troyster

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
Oh it is considered a crime here is California that if why you need to bring to local law enforcement.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Report it to the sheriff department. She will get a letter to appear in court of course. But if you when she can be required to pay more then she owes.

Thanks Tiffany. I was wondering how much can I get over the check amount? I got hit with a $17 bounced check fee.

Troyster

Apr 24, 2013
Terrace BC
Real Name
Troy Sims
Business Location
Canada
Forget small claims court and credit collection and all that hassle! Fraud is Fraud! turn it over to the authorities to prosecute plain and simple! A thief is a thief whether they rob your home a bank or write a bad check!

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Forget small claims court and credit collection and all that hassle! Fraud is Fraud! turn it over to the authorities to prosecute plain and simple! A thief is a thief whether they rob your home a bank or write a bad check!
Thanks Troy, but I need people that know not only American law but California law.

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
Thanks Tiffany. I was wondering how much can I get over the check amount? I got hit with a $17 bounced check fee.
Sorry about my grammar. Damn phone. I checked with LA county. Look up Los Angeles county district attorney bad check restitution program. The forms are online and pretty easy. Make sure you provide e everything they are asking for.

mendo83

May 21, 2012
El Monte, California
Real Name
Oscar Mendo
Business Location
United States
I am in Cali as well, and you know here in Cali especially in LA county there is a lot of shady people, sometimes you have to take your loses. I don't worry to much about these type of custys because I am a firm believer in karma. What goes around comes around and twice as hard.

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
did you get her drivers license? I know here in florida with out it you can not pursue a bounced check.

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
I would knock on her door and try to be polite but firm. I like to think my rowdy side is in my past but when it comes to bouncing checks I can feel it trying to come out. I've been fortunate that I don't get them often but when I do I always collect.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Sorry about my grammar. Damn phone. I checked with LA county. Look up Los Angeles county district attorney bad check restitution program. The forms are online and pretty easy. Make sure you provide e everything they are asking for.
Thank you Tiffany, you're the best. :)

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
did you get her drivers license? I know here in florida with out it you can not pursue a bounced check.

No I did not. :( Hopefully this will not be a problem in this state.

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
Call her from a different ph# - explain that you are turning this over to the authorities and give her one (and only one) more chance to pay you in CASH. If not - then proceed. You are correct - its the principle - we work WAY to hard for our $!!!!!! Keep us posted.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States

Just found out that I do need a driver's license # on the check to recover in my county. :( So much for that. On to plan B now. Anyone got a few gallons of weed eater lying around. :smuggrin::vamp: