How to get hot water to my wand faster?? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

How to get hot water to my wand faster??

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
What can I do to get hot water to my wand quicker? It takes almost a whole room before the hot water gets to my wander after it finally travels through 200ft of solution hose. Or is that just the norm?

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
What can I do to get hot water to my wand quicker? It takes almost a whole room before the hot water gets to my wander after it finally travels through 200ft of solution hose. Or is that just the norm?
Let your TM warm up while you set up.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Here are a few different things you can do that will help.

Using as little hose as possible will help. If you are on a live reel this is one of their dis-advantages. You can stick a male quick connect in the end of your solution hose and run it into the vac hose for a couple minutes to move the water through the hose faster before starting your first room.

What flow are you using on your wand? You may want to put larger jets on your wand as well. Water usually gets from my machine to the wand within 25 sq ft or so.

Another thing that will help is if you are using a hydroforce to prespray. It is not as critical that the water be real hot for prespray and by the time you have presprayed your first few rooms the hot water should be to the end of the hose.

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
Yes I am using a live real with 200' of solution hose on it. So it first needs to spit out 200' of cool water before you get to the hot water. I am using a hydro force. But unless I was to pre spray the whole house first, it still takes time to get the hot water through the all the hose. I am using a prochem titanium 6 jet wand. The 2 inside jets have 9501 jets and the outside is 8001. That by pass valve looks like that may do the trick!

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Yes I am using a live real with 200' of solution hose on it. So it first needs to spit out 200' of cool water before you get to the hot water. I am using a hydro force. But unless I was to pre spray the whole house first, it still takes time to get the hot water through the all the hose. I am using a prochem titanium 6 jet wand. The 2 inside jets have 9501 jets and the outside is 8001. That by pass valve looks like that may do the trick!
Bump your jets up to 9502's and 11002's and I promise you will love it. The carpet will clean faster and easier.

Reactions: jwargo1967

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
Thanks Todd! Will those give me more volume of water? I will give it a shot!

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Thanks Todd! Will those give me more volume of water? I will give it a shot!
Yes, I switched my wands over a couple months ago to higher flow and I love it.

Reactions: ColoradoCleaner

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
If you don't wanna hack into your wand adding a bypass. You can get one of these. Hook it to solution line and run it into vac hose for a few minutes. Use your ball valve to turn it off then you should be good to go. I also use these to cool my entire system down after job including solution hoses. I just hook it up and let hot water go in the ground. But I am gonna make it so water can go back into my fresh tank soon. It would require a short piece garden hose to be attached to it. and you do have to change out that male nipple to a 1/4 to fit your solution hose. it comes with a much larger one. but its just a bushing do its easy to change.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337618551&icep_item=111707863161

$_57.JPG

Reactions: Gasoline

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
Thanks bob! that would be much easy then cutting holes in my already exprensive wand!

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
I suppose either way, i would have to pull my lines out of my rinse jug, so i don't waste my rinsing chemical. Then i will have to re prime it. Water pump only runs when i turn on my solution switch.

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
I just start cleaning the cleanest part of the furtherest area. Like a closet or something. By the time I finish that, I am hot enough to do the rest of the job.

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
You can put a 1 foot piece of garden hose on it. With a garden hose quick disconnect so you could take it off when you needed it in the house to warm up water. This way it fits in your pocket. Then just snap the little hose back on so you can hook it fresh water tank. But this is only if you want to cool your whole system after cleaning. which I recommend highly.

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
Do you have to reprime chem injec after you just turn it off? Or only when you pull draw tube? If you could just turn it off then I would just cool it like that. you will loose the little bit in the lines but that's not much.

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
I guess at this point being new and all, i am not cooling it down, which i know is going to be hard on the equipment. I usually go out and turn my heat all the way down, when i have about 1/2 of a room left to clean. I really don't have any other way to cool it at this point, without wasting my rinsing chemical.