How to get Hard Surface work?

ccclean

Mar 12, 2016
Real Name
Stephen Boisvert
Hey guys, I have been carpet cleaning for a few years now, I work in an area that is rural high income. The carpets I clean are for the most part "moderate" soil at worst. I do many repeat cleanings and business is good. I'm looking to take things to the next level and add serious hard surface cleaning to my business. I purchased a Sapphire 2500 HS because my Boxxer 421 was tired. I love the machine but I paid an extra 5k to clean hard surface.

To get to the point, the homes I work in all have some tile, but it's just not dirty enough for me to feel good about pitching a $300-$500 tile job to the homeowner. So what do you hard surface guys clean the most. Is it kitchen floors? Showers? Stamped concrete? Restaurants? I'm just curious what the market is. I have the machine and chems and some of the know how, now I need the work.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
Hey guys, I have been carpet cleaning for a few years now, I work in an area that is rural high income. The carpets I clean are for the most part "moderate" soil at worst. I do many repeat cleanings and business is good. I'm looking to take things to the next level and add serious hard surface cleaning to my business. I purchased a Sapphire 2500 HS because my Boxxer 421 was tired. I love the machine but I paid an extra 5k to clean hard surface.

To get to the point, the homes I work in all have some tile, but it's just not dirty enough for me to feel good about pitching a $300-$500 tile job to the homeowner. So what do you hard surface guys clean the most. Is it kitchen floors? Showers? Stamped concrete? Restaurants? I'm just curious what the market is. I have the machine and chems and some of the know how, now I need the work.

Normally its current customers. Tell them you have added this on - let them decide if they need it or not. You can hit up local eateries - rough to clean but usually in need. Lots of tile out there for sure!

Reactions: ccclean

ccclean

Mar 12, 2016
Real Name
Stephen Boisvert
Yup, I guess you can throw it out there and leave it up to the customer. I kinda want to find the nasty tile show I can say "look what I can do."

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Your previous client base is the first place to start. Tweaking yer website and SEO would be the second.
You should be running carpet cleaning jobs at $3-500 so tile jobs at the same amount shouldn't be an issue.
When I added hardwood cleaning, I changed my postcard reminder to feature that service along with my other services of carpet tile and area rug cleaning....
Then I mentioned 20% off if they had 2 or more services done at the same time.

It's worked really well

Attachments

Reactions: brianedwards25

brianedwards25

Mar 26, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Real Name
Brian
Business Location
United States
Your previous client base is the first place to start. Tweaking yer website and SEO would be the second.
You should be running carpet cleaning jobs at $3-500 so tile jobs at the same amount shouldn't be an issue.
When I added hardwood cleaning, I changed my postcard reminder to feature that service along with my other services of carpet tile and area rug cleaning....
Then I mentioned 20% off if they had 2 or more services done at the same time.

It's worked really well
Do you use anything with that multiwash on wood? I haven't used it on wood. Whats your process?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using TMF Forums mobile app

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Do you use anything with that multiwash on wood? I haven't used it on wood. Whats your process?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using TMF Forums mobile app
I only do straight cleaning with it. I'm not a fan of non permanent finishes.
I use murphys oil as a cleaner. Works excellent but I only clean hardwood that the finish isn't damaged
I only do "slam dunks"

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Do a quick demo, a hand grout brush, groutmaster or tilemaster and a clean white towel. Most tile will look better once cleaned. Do a stealth test and if it's dramatic, repeat in front of customer.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I'm on the opposite side I do hard surface and I'm looking into offering carpet cleaning but honestly know nothing about it. Is this something hard to learn or where is a good place to learn?

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums
Read up on here. It's not hard but there is more trick chemistry to learn especially for stains. I'm in the same boat, I get asked to clean a bedroom carpet when the rest of the house is tile.

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014

Offer it at 50% off as a add on when you're cleaning the carpet

Sent from my SM-G920V using TMF Forums mobile app