How to clean this

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I rarely, if ever clean rugs. I do almost exclusively commercial carpets. I'm cleaning a friend's carpet tomorrow and she said this rug got urine on it from a visiting dog. It looks like something I don't want to clean. Suggestions?
14693.jpeg
14693.jpeg

Dec 22, 2017
Real Name
Aaron Blaine
looks like the rug in my living room lol it took a week and a half to dry after the carpet cleaner left too much water down. It started to stink like mold and I have to have it hanging on my dining room chairs for at least three days. Don't go too crazy with the water if you don't plan on leaving blowers on it over night!

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I rarely, if ever clean rugs. I do almost exclusively commercial carpets. I'm cleaning a friend's carpet tomorrow and she said this rug got urine on it from a visiting dog. It looks like something I don't want to clean. Suggestions?
View attachment 74924 View attachment 74924
Looks like a synthetic shag to me if I had to guess. Normally pretty straight forward to clean even if it's a wool. Don't touch it if it's Viscose. As far as the urine, you would have to know the degree of contamination whether a top down or submersion cleaning needed.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
looks like the rug in my living room lol it took a week and a half to dry after the carpet cleaner left too much water down. It started to stink like mold and I have to have it hanging on my dining room chairs for at least three days. Don't go too crazy with the water if you don't plan on leaving blowers on it over night!
When I clean something like that it won't take longer then 4 hours to dry, sounds like you hired the wrong company.

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Vacuum it thoroughly, give it a light mist of flex ice and rinse it with flex ice and do some extra dry passes.
Isn't flex Ice an acidic rinse? That might help with a light urine situation but if it's olefin and has its fair share of dog oils and crud how are you gonna separate it from the fiber?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Vacuum it thoroughly, give it a light mist of flex ice and rinse it with flex ice and do some extra dry passes.
Isn't flex Ice an acidic rinse? That might help with a light urine situation but if it's olefin and has its fair share of dog oils and crud how are you gonna separate it from the fiber?
Flex ice has cleaning surfactants, it does clean nylons easily and most likely that area rug is made from material that doesn't absorb oils. How ever if that area rug is made from poly or olifin that obsobs dirt and oil then use a higher ph cleaner of course.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Photos of the back and a burn test to identify the fiber would be helpful.

Based on photo, I agree it looks synthetic. It could just be a section of carpet made into a rug. In that case, pretreat urine with either Wool Medic or Bridgepoint Urine Neutralizer. Give as much dwell time as you can. Clean with appropriate prespay. Flush it out with rinse such as Flex Ice.

On urine spots, you can apply vacuum to the back side of the spot and flush from the front to push the urine through the rug. You can also use the Water Claw with injection to flush the spot and leave it pretty dry.