How to clean my rug

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Marie

Mar 27, 2017
Real Name
Marie
I dropped some wine on my new area rug

It is absolutely beautiful, it's the train track design and I want to know what the best way to clean this stain is? The rug is very thick and does a nice job of hiding, but I don't want to make it worse!

Last edited by a moderator:

john martinez

Dec 9, 2014
phoenix, az
www.facebook.com
Real Name
AZ NaTiVe
Business Location
United States
I dropped some wine on my new area rug that I got from https://cnrugs.com/

It is absolutely beautiful, it's the train track design and I want to know what the best way to clean this stain is? The rug is very thick and does a nice job of hiding, but I don't want to make it worse!
If it's still wet try absorbing as much wine as possible out of the rug into some paper towels until no more wine comes into the paper fibers

Sent from my Z970 using TMF Forums mobile app

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Provide us a picture. Best to take to a rug pro. If your bent on DIY get some 3% OTC peroxide and spot, flush and repeat till hopefully gone. Good luck.

Feb 23, 2017
95 Greene Street 401 New York, NY 10012
sohorugcleaners.us
Real Name
Reshef Harpaz
Business Location
United States
Prepare the Rug. First, thoroughly vacuum the rug on both sides to remove any loose dirt.

Test for Colorfastness. Follow the mixing instructions on a store-bought rug cleaner/shampoo, or add a couple of cupfuls of mild dish detergent to a bucket of warm water. Do not use hot water, as it may shrink fibers or fade color. Test the solution on a small corner of the rug to make sure it doesn’t make the colors run. If it doesn’t, proceed to the next step.

Wash. Using a sponge or brush, work a lather of shampoo or detergent deep into the rug. Allow the solution to sit on the rug and work for several minutes before rinsing.

Rinse. Thoroughly rinse the rug with a garden hose, making sure the water is clear of soap suds before you finish.

Remove Excess Water. Squeeze as much water out of the rug as you can with your squeegee, being careful to work only in the direction of the rug’s nap.

Dry. Lay the rug flat to dry. Once the top side is dry, flip it over so the bottom can dry as well.

Loosen Fibers. Use a vacuum or soft-bristled brush to loosen up the fibers of the rug, as they may have compacted during the washing/drying process. Return your rug to the room and enjoy!