How to clean high end wool rug?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
View attachment 72214 View attachment 72215 View attachment 72216 View attachment 72217 Agree it's a great thread and just in time for the great advice from more experienced cleaners !! Here's some pictures of my new project . Any feedback / advice is welcome !!
All the Best, Ed
Great pictures and what a great tag on it too! Gives face weight in two variations and the pattern Tabriz. Very likely not machine woven, but hand knotted (can't tell from picture). Test for bleeding/crocking but I believe it will be very stable. This rug should be able to be cleaned just about any way you want. I like to vacuum, blow out all I can and flood them with a garden hose with the face fibers down first, extract, flip and repeat. Then clean them, extract, force dry in the sun usually and then treat, comb the fringe as needed. I charge $1-$6 ft² depending on what I'm cleaning for. Fringe is extra depending on natural or white.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Here's a pretty good tip for force drying a wool rug. Fold the rug in half and point the blower into the double overed area. This way you are actually drying 3 of the 4 sides very well, flip and repeat ASAP to finish it off. In the sunlight it works really fast.
20170712_224506.jpg

ron Tabb

Sep 13, 2015
Real Name
Ron Tabb
Ok So are there any rug plants that have a Moore machine? Pick the rug up bring to them and make 40 cents on the dollar. Rug is returned dry and rolled in paper. 8 x 10
You should make at least 80 profit or more if you roll up and roll out per rug

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
Ok So are there any rug plants that have a Moore machine? Pick the rug up bring to them and make 40 cents on the dollar. Rug is returned dry and rolled in paper. 8 x 10
You should make at least 80 profit or more if you roll up and roll out per rug
My local plant charges me for urine treatment/plastic $1.25 per square feet, I charge $4!
IMG_1499999863.324035.jpg