I do most most my resyuants7-9am

zack

Jun 28, 2008
canada
Real Name
zack zia
Business Location
United States
You are one step closer to reality, no method takes out all the soil, even VLM on subsequent vacuumings. Appearance-wise it looks fantastic, even though it's still pretty dirty. Super TM guys like to say nobody can get it cleaner, but that's totally horseshit too. You can prove I'm wrong by cleaning the same nasty carpet 2 days in a row and looking at the effluent lol
so what do you ?
PLEASE advice

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I mean suggest
Do the best you can for what the job pays. If you have a helper on these kind of jobs, have the helper vacuum while you string hose, precondition, have the helper scrub while you extract. I do the worst areas first and force dry while I do the easier areas in case they need anything extra before I leave. You are not going to get all the soil out, but appearance wise it needs look great. Restaurants are filthy 2 days later anyway and you can't sweat that whether it was cleaned with a portable or a TM.

zack

Jun 28, 2008
canada
Real Name
zack zia
Business Location
United States
Do the best you can for what the job pays. If you have a helper on these kind of jobs, have the helper vacuum while you string hose, precondition, have the helper scrub while you extract. I do the worst areas first and force dry while I do the easier areas in case they need anything extra before I leave. You are not going to get all the soil out, but appearance wise it needs look great. Restaurants are filthy 2 days later anyway and you can't sweat that whether it was cleaned with a portable or a TM.
THANKS A LOT

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
If you dont have a truckmount.......
I would suggest skipping resturants.......

Most resturants would not let me in the door down here without a truckmount....
When imfirst started......

You will run into grease runs off of walkways and your stuck.....

I wudnt even suggest cleaning resturants if you dont have a fuel heater....too many issues..........wo proper heat....

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
So in everyones opinion would a :

spray, 175, then wand rinse

give better results or would a :

spray, heavy rotary extractor, done, do the same thing in 1 step like using a mytee trex or rotovac?

Ive never used a heavy rotary extractor, laugh at crb'z, and love 175's.

Just trying to get the most efficient system down.

I remember the last resturant I did was a pizza hut, I had to re rinse each area like 50 times with a wand to finnally start seeing the carpet must have been an inch of grease.

Thanks

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I do plenty of those, but trying to avoid too many steps. Usually good prespray and gentle scrub with a Oreck's green brush( areas where kitchen tiles meet carpet) is enough. Relia-built does the rest. I use 6 jetter with a #10 flow @450 psi or 550 psi when using Bonzer or CX-15. 190°-200° temps are just fine. Speaking of fast resoiling @Jim Davisson , it depends on season, especially when pies are more popular around the holidays. When comes to buffet style establishments it doesn't really matter. The formula is simple: amount of guests per day multiplied by 5, that's how many times average customer leaves the table to visit buffet line( according to a management).
Bi-weekly cleaning is barely enough....

Attachments

Reactions: OneBlueSummer

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I do plenty of those, but trying to avoid too many steps. Usually good prespray and gentle scrub with a Oreck's green brush( areas where kitchen tiles meet carpet) is enough. Relia-built does the rest. I use 6 jetter with a #10 flow @450 psi or 550 psi when using Bonzer or CX-15. 190°-200° temps are just fine. Speaking of fast resoiling @Jim Davisson , it depends on season, especially when pies are more popular around the holidays. When comes to buffet style establishments it doesn't really matter. The formula is simple: amount of guests per day multiplied by 5, that's how many times average customer leaves the table to visit buffet line( according to a management).
Bi-weekly cleaning is barely enough....
Words of wisdom right here ^^^. Soil load and type + foot traffic = one tough job. Soil's literally packed in from the tips to the backing in areas.

They say that between speed, quality and price you have to pick just 2... after a few hundred times around the block you can get 3 in the same room. It's not easy, but it can be done.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Rotary extractor is great in really nasty commercial, saves the extra step of using a 175.

360XL or rx20 really shine in these situations... regular 360 is a little too small at 12in for large commercial

MikeHawley14

Oct 21, 2018
Peoria, Arizona
Real Name
Michael Hawley
Business Location
United States
So in everyones opinion would a :

spray, 175, then wand rinse

give better results or would a :

spray, heavy rotary extractor, done, do the same thing in 1 step like using a mytee trex or rotovac?

Ive never used a heavy rotary extractor, laugh at crb'z, and love 175's.

Just trying to get the most efficient system down.

I remember the last resturant I did was a pizza hut, I had to re rinse each area like 50 times with a wand to finnally start seeing the carpet must have been an inch of grease.

Thanks
IMG_0835.JPG
I just Rotovac the entire restaurant but your arms will feel empty for awhile

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
So, we take time to come up with a strategy, diferent methods and ways on how to attack dirty carpet and have a meaningful debate about it. " Robinson Crusoe " , alleged GM takes it all away with one , smooth spam post. Good job, Robinson...

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
eZy Watermark_08-12-2019_04-08-03PM.jpg

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Soon as I get my reels I look forward to cleaning restaurants with 2 wands.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
I have cleaned the dirtiest greasiest resturants in my area over the last 20 years....
tried everything...kero heater, bonzer, zipper, rotary extractor, all different chems, 47 high vac blower.

no matter how much heat TM vacuum water flow on wand or rotary extractor..
you will still have to get a 175(not a crb) with a pad or brush and tank and
scrub scrub scrub....no way around it...i tried everything.....

it cleans better, drier and actually takes a little less time.

gotta go back to the PIE chems/scrub(agitate)/ HWE

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
Hey guys, thanks for creating this topic, it's really useful for me. Since most often in different restaurants, cleanliness is not often noticeable, but this is a very important point to observe, because it affects both the restaurant team and the reputation itself. Since I am the General Manager of the restaurant, I believe that there should be high-quality equipment that can give a good result. When I had similar problems, I found a site on one of the forums http://ianboer.com.au and it helps.
Another continual spammer that need to go