How to charge between waterclaw and topical urine treatment.

Mr.Steamer

Apr 6, 2017
Springfield, OR
www.TryMrSteamer.com
Real Name
Kevin Linn
Business Location
United States
So anytime I do urine removal I've always just done the waterclaw extraction and I charge by the gallon for the solution. That can get expensive pretty quickly, just had a customer where I had to use 6 gallons of solution x $40 a gal, was an extra $240 on their bill. Great for me, but not many customers want to spend that much extra. I know you can do topical with laying down heavy urine pre-treater and then extracting as usual with a wand (pretty common for 2nd floor urine problems anyways since you can't flood an upstairs) but I am curious how to charge for THAT particular style of urine removal. Obviously it can't get all the way into the padding and such like sub surface extraction can, but if that's what the customer wants, how would you guys charge for it? I know that's open ended and such, but just looking for some ideas. Charge a little extra per room? Charge per spot? Also, I'm pretty sure the urine pre-treaters don't work well on other stains, so would you let the urine chem work, extract and then do over with your normal pre-spray or could you just spray your normal pre-spray on after 10 minutes or so, once the pee chem has had time to work? I'm new to the pee removal here so any help is appreciated, oh and I'm in Oregon by the way if that gives anyone an idea of pricing. Thanks!

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
For any service, I like to know what my expenses will be and my time to complete the work. Then charge accordingly.

Usually I would charge more for the first contaminated area than for additional ones. Using your model as an example, maybe $40 first gallon, $29 each additional gallon. Once you are already working it does not take as much time to continue.

But you can not base your charges on what anyone else does or what anyone else charges. Your business model, the time it takes you to do the job and your market will be different.

Being new to urine decontamination, if you want a copy of my training manual dealing with urine, send an email request to my associate [email protected] and ask for it. I am on the road for a few days.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
So anytime I do urine removal I've always just done the waterclaw extraction and I charge by the gallon for the solution. That can get expensive pretty quickly, just had a customer where I had to use 6 gallons of solution x $40 a gal, was an extra $240 on their bill. Great for me, but not many customers want to spend that much extra. I know you can do topical with laying down heavy urine pre-treater and then extracting as usual with a wand (pretty common for 2nd floor urine problems anyways since you can't flood an upstairs) but I am curious how to charge for THAT particular style of urine removal. Obviously it can't get all the way into the padding and such like sub surface extraction can, but if that's what the customer wants, how would you guys charge for it? I know that's open ended and such, but just looking for some ideas. Charge a little extra per room? Charge per spot? Also, I'm pretty sure the urine pre-treaters don't work well on other stains, so would you let the urine chem work, extract and then do over with your normal pre-spray or could you just spray your normal pre-spray on after 10 minutes or so, once the pee chem has had time to work? I'm new to the pee removal here so any help is appreciated, oh and I'm in Oregon by the way if that gives anyone an idea of pricing. Thanks!
Nice avatar...who resigned your logo?

Mr.Steamer

Apr 6, 2017
Springfield, OR
www.TryMrSteamer.com
Real Name
Kevin Linn
Business Location
United States
For any service, I like to know what my expenses will be and my time to complete the work. Then charge accordingly.

Usually I would charge more for the first contaminated area than for additional ones. Using your model as an example, maybe $40 first gallon, $29 each additional gallon. Once you are already working it does not take as much time to continue.

But you can not base your charges on what anyone else does or what anyone else charges. Your business model, the time it takes you to do the job and your market will be different.

Being new to urine decontamination, if you want a copy of my training manual dealing with urine, send an email request to my associate [email protected] and ask for it. I am on the road for a few days.
Well I'm not trying to match anyone else's prices, just trying to get an idea of how other charges differ between sub surface extraction or just topical. I've seen others charge $35-$45 per gallon and I just went in the middle and I'm kind of looking for the same idea with the topical charges. I figured something like an additional $20-$25 per room maybe for urine decom by topical, that would be much better pricing on the customer but still some extra coin for me. I mean $75 vs $240, but not sure if that is too high or too low...again, I'm still learning. Also, any thought on how I would do the topical and standard pre-spray? Would I need to rinse the urine pre-treater first or could I just apply my standard pre-treater after 10 mins or so and just extract it all at the same time?

Mr.Steamer

Apr 6, 2017
Springfield, OR
www.TryMrSteamer.com
Real Name
Kevin Linn
Business Location
United States
Nice avatar...who resigned your logo?
Thanks! That's just a piece from my actual logo, but I had it designed by a graphic arts student at Boise State. I gave him the idea of what I wanted and he came back with a few designs and this was the one I liked. Most people do seem to like it!

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
For topical treatment I charge half the cost of the room price so if it would have been $40 just to clean then I charge a total of $60 to clean with topical treatment.

I've tried several topical treatments and the thing I have found works best is putting 24 ounces of Bridgepoint Fab set in my 1:4 hydroforce sprayer then fill the rest with water. I go around with the hydroforce and soak the urine stains enough that the stain is saturated down to the backing but not so much that it will be going into the pad. This breaks down the urine salts and is real effective at eliminating the odor and most the time the stain as well. I give it a 20 minute dwell time then I go through and prespray the whole job like I normally would using Bridgepoint Bio Break. When cleaning I move the wand really slow over the areas treated for urine. If any staining remains then I post treat with Urine Stain Remover.

For the water claw I charge $45 for the first spot and then $15 per spot up to 1 sq ft. Maybe a bit less than what others charge but it's still profitable.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Thanks! That's just a piece from my actual logo, but I had it designed by a graphic arts student at Boise State. I gave him the idea of what I wanted and he came back with a few designs and this was the one I liked. Most people do seem to like it!
Be careful...had a someone help me design mine also...it turned out to be copyrighted by a CC company out of FL...they contacted me to let me know...they were nice about it...but they were serious. Look familiar?

4dca800f94730b9318768ec4346fbb30.jpg

Mr.Steamer

Apr 6, 2017
Springfield, OR
www.TryMrSteamer.com
Real Name
Kevin Linn
Business Location
United States
Be careful...had a someone help me design mine also...it turned out to be copyrighted by a CC company out of FL...they contacted me to let me know...they were nice about it...but they were serious. Look familiar?

4dca800f94730b9318768ec4346fbb30.jpg
Huh...that's unusual. Haha that almost makes me angry, but I think there are enough differences that a copyright wouldn't happen...maybe on the face though. I guess I'll email this douche and ask what the eff! Thanks for the info.

Mr.Steamer

Apr 6, 2017
Springfield, OR
www.TryMrSteamer.com
Real Name
Kevin Linn
Business Location
United States
For topical treatment I charge half the cost of the room price so if it would have been $40 just to clean then I charge a total of $60 to clean with topical treatment.

I've tried several topical treatments and the thing I have found works best is putting 24 ounces of Bridgepoint Fab set in my 1:4 hydroforce sprayer then fill the rest with water. I go around with the hydroforce and soak the urine stains enough that the stain is saturated down to the backing but not so much that it will be going into the pad. This breaks down the urine salts and is real effective at eliminating the odor and most the time the stain as well. I give it a 20 minute dwell time then I go through and prespray the whole job like I normally would using Bridgepoint Bio Break. When cleaning I move the wand really slow over the areas treated for urine. If any staining remains then I post treat with Urine Stain Remover.

For the water claw I charge $45 for the first spot and then $15 per spot up to 1 sq ft. Maybe a bit less than what others charge but it's still profitable.
Awesome, thanks Todd...that's what I was looking to hear. Now I just got my first injection sprayer a couple weeks ago so what do you mean when you say 1:4 sprayer? I use matrix urine pre-conditioner, I would assume thats the same difference as the bridgepoint urine pre-treater? I hear a lot about bridgeport though, where can I find those chems at?

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Huh...that's unusual. Haha that almost makes me angry, but I think there are enough differences that a copyright wouldn't happen...maybe on the face though. I guess I'll email this douche and ask what the eff! Thanks for the info.
It may be nothing...just thought I'd let you know...i ended up drawing my owm and replacing the little guy.

Mr.Steamer

Apr 6, 2017
Springfield, OR
www.TryMrSteamer.com
Real Name
Kevin Linn
Business Location
United States
It may be nothing...just thought I'd let you know...i ended up drawing my owm and replacing the little guy.
Well I appreciate the heads up...didn't know he ripped off the design. Haha it sucks too because I really like it. Maybe possible to alter it more just to make sure I never have "copyright" issues with someone. Thanks for the info!

Reactions: Allied

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Well I appreciate the heads up...didn't know he ripped off the design. Haha it sucks too because I really like it. Maybe possible to alter it more just to make sure I never have "copyright" issues with someone. Thanks for the info!
Rolling with this one now...its a caricature of my son.

0b4fb995dbf415e6da99aed1473ae971.jpg

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
I use matrix urine prespray in the hydroforce and I mix in my normal pre spray as well. Spray putting a little more on the urine spots. Scrub and extract. Then when all done I mist with matrix bottom line to kill any order that is left. I charge $20 extra per room. This covers the extra cost of chemicals and sometimes the call back for smells. Usally the pet is still in the house and will continue to pee so the customer does not want to pay for water claw. Just knock down the smell for a party or something.
I did one house and the dog pissed on the carpet while I was packing the truck up.

Mr.Steamer

Apr 6, 2017
Springfield, OR
www.TryMrSteamer.com
Real Name
Kevin Linn
Business Location
United States
I use matrix urine prespray in the hydroforce and I mix in my normal pre spray as well. Spray putting a little more on the urine spots. Scrub and extract. Then when all done I mist with matrix bottom line to kill any order that is left. I charge $20 extra per room. This covers the extra cost of chemicals and sometimes the call back for smells. Usally the pet is still in the house and will continue to pee so the customer does not want to pay for water claw. Just knock down the smell for a party or something.
I did one house and the dog pissed on the carpet while I was packing the truck up.
Yeah I love the matrix urine pre-conditioner, and I use bad dog, but I think it's the same difference either way. The $20 per room is what I was thinking as well as most would rather an extra $60-$80 as to $300-$500 for sub surface treatment. Thanks for the info Travis!

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Awesome, thanks Todd...that's what I was looking to hear. Now I just got my first injection sprayer a couple weeks ago so what do you mean when you say 1:4 sprayer? I use matrix urine pre-conditioner, I would assume thats the same difference as the bridgepoint urine pre-treater? I hear a lot about bridgeport though, where can I find those chems at?
Your sprayer comes metered at 8:1. I removed the yellow tip from mine so it meters at 4:1 (see video below). The sprayer works fine either way but I find especially if using powders it's easier to mix at the 4:1 ratio since you are mixing up half the chemical.

The Matrix line of chemicals will work just fine I'm sure. I've never used any of the matrix products. I tried Bridgepionts TCU which is an acid urine pretreat chemical but it has such a strong vinegar smell I couldn't stand it. Personally I hate the smell of vinegar so after the first time I used TCU I gave the rest away. I'm just using FabSet which is an acid rinse solution. The similar Matrix chemical would be Matrix All Fiber Rinse.

To buy Bridgepoint chemicals either visit your nearest Interlink supply or order online at https://interlinksupply.com/

Mr.Steamer

Apr 6, 2017
Springfield, OR
www.TryMrSteamer.com
Real Name
Kevin Linn
Business Location
United States
Your sprayer comes metered at 8:1. I removed the yellow tip from mine so it meters at 4:1 (see video below). The sprayer works fine either way but I find especially if using powders it's easier to mix at the 4:1 ratio since you are mixing up half the chemical.

The Matrix line of chemicals will work just fine I'm sure. I've never used any of the matrix products. I tried Bridgepionts TCU which is an acid urine pretreat chemical but it has such a strong vinegar smell I couldn't stand it. Personally I hate the smell of vinegar so after the first time I used TCU I gave the rest away. I'm just using FabSet which is an acid rinse solution. The similar Matrix chemical would be Matrix All Fiber Rinse.

To buy Bridgepoint chemicals either visit your nearest Interlink supply or order online at https://interlinksupply.com/
Just so I understand, 4:1 allows more chemical to be sprayed out, correct?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Just so I understand, 4:1 allows more chemical to be sprayed out, correct?
It cuts the dilution in half. Instead of using 6-8 scoops of chemical you will use 3-4 scoops and yes the jug will empty quicker.

Nev

Jul 21, 2010
PA
www.redhotcarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Nevin Guiser
Business Location
United States

Attachments

• concordcarpetcleaning_vehiclewrap-1200x733.jpg
    concordcarpetcleaning_vehiclewrap-1200x733.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 153