How to buy a used Truckmount carpet cleaning machine! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

How to buy a used Truckmount carpet cleaning machine!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
One of the most asked questions I get is “Rob what’s the best used Truckmount and how do I know if it’s good or not”? This leads me to this thread, How to buy a used Truckmount. I give them the best points I know however I would love to know if I missing anything. What advice would you offer?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Buy it cheap. Don't ever trust the guy who says, "It runs with no issues" That's red flag number 1.

Check the engine oil, pump oil, and blower oil. I'd honestly ask for a test run of at least 20 minutes with the pump running. Any of them can run for 5 minutes with no problems, but 20 minutes....

Buy a liquid cooled engine mount if possible.

Check the filters on the sides for any scale build-up.

Check how hot the water gets.

Check the gasket seal under the waste tank, also check to see if it still has the screen filter on the blower side of the waste tank.

Normal common issues like rust, heat exchanger cracks etc.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
like said above
check all fluids
run for 20 minutes and test for pressure/heat/vacuum

Then look at overall condition. Has anything been repainted? Take off a solution outlet coupler and see whats inside the coupler. look inside the waste tank for corrosion/gasket. Do all functions work (pumpout/waste tank shutoff floats)
Did they do their own maintenance or did a distributor do it? Do they have written maintenance records.

Above all, do NOT trust the hour meter!

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
Look at the other equipment • • • what do they say in appearance? Are there three other rigs parked near by? I never sell good equipment Or buy good equip unless there’s something more practical ( financially & production wise ). Buy this as you would a car if u don’t know the machine ( White Magic Pro 1900 Commander ), talk to its someone who is willing to share the performance attributes of that particular TM. You are blind otherwise.

Last edited:

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
IMO , if you've been in the game for a while, don't go for used, go new. The problem I have with a used setup is time frame in which the machine was
( wasn't ) used. In any case, I'd recommend to dissasemble vital moving parts, lube it up and put it back together. I haven't used my TM for a period of two weeks while on vacation and V belt and coupler were all brittle , I had to replace them immediately. Just like cars, TM units need to work daily for optimal performance...