How to become an Successful Entrepreneur? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

How to become an Successful Entrepreneur?

usdailyhunt

Banned
Sep 11, 2019
Real Name
usdailyhunt
Do you want to become a successful Entrepreneur? And you know that entrepreneurs make decisions for themselves, realize their creative visions, and develop lasting relationships with other entrepreneurs and vendors. But becoming a successful entrepreneur is not easy, but not hard also.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
If you have to look up how to be a successful entrepreneur on the internet, you aren't going to have much success.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I never gave much thought to being a successful entrepreneur.

I simply started the journey and continue to walk the path.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
If you have to look up how to be a successful entrepreneur on the internet, you aren't going to have much success.
Speak for yourself, you naysayer! Thanks to the intewebz, I am going to find love, get rich quick by working at home, and I even have a Nigerian prince sending me his entire fortune for safe-keeping!

• Haha
Reactions: Smtwn janitorial

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
We need one that says "I love being my own boss" on the upside then "Ugh. I hate having employees they do not show up to work!" on the downside
Yep! I fired the employees years ago. I'm going to work everyday, one way or another. I chose the route for me, relying on myself. My life became my own again, peckaheads getting a paycheck didn't control me anymore. Happy days

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
Yep! I fired the employees years ago. I'm going to work everyday, one way or another. I chose the route for me, relying on myself. My life became my own again, peckaheads getting a paycheck didn't control me anymore. Happy days
I have a few janitorial accounts, so I have double digit employees, and I got a call from a customer on Monday "Excuse me why is the floor not clean, trash not taken out, and where is your employee???" Sure enough did not show up, not answering calls, then later that evening is like "Can I go in at 11 tomorrow?" like seriously you lost your job, and then made me look bad in front of customers. 75% of stress comes from bad employees.

Its rough because unlike opening a pizza place where you may have 5-10 employees, so if one does not show up, not as big of a deal, everyone has to pick up the slack. However, if you have accounts where you have one employee and that person does not show up, then you either have to change your whole day to cover it, or have a real piss off customer on your hands.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
man are you in the wrong place!
C'mon, " not easy, but not hard also" in sentence must have hidden meaning. It's like with carpet cleaning business. It's not hard, but hell, ain't that easy also.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I have a few janitorial accounts, so I have double digit employees, and I got a call from a customer on Monday "Excuse me why is the floor not clean, trash not taken out, and where is your employee???" Sure enough did not show up, not answering calls, then later that evening is like "Can I go in at 11 tomorrow?" like seriously you lost your job, and then made me look bad in front of customers. 75% of stress comes from bad employees.

Its rough because unlike opening a pizza place where you may have 5-10 employees, so if one does not show up, not as big of a deal, everyone has to pick up the slack. However, if you have accounts where you have one employee and that person does not show up, then you either have to change your whole day to cover it, or have a real piss off customer on your hands.
I understand that for the janitorial side, ya gotta have them. Less is more for me, less stress, less problems, more physical work yes, but it's not terrible and I love it.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Finding good people isn't the hard part, charging enough so you can pay enough for good people is where it takes skill and time.

If you pay less than $20/hr then your pretty much guaranteed to have some bums working for you.

Reactions: MikeGaure

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
next month get a season pass to mt baker and wait for the snow to come carpet cleaning can wait

Reactions: ACP

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
I understand that for the janitorial side, ya gotta have them. Less is more for me, less stress, less problems, more physical work yes, but it's not terrible and I love it.
I have thought about that, because having employees can be quite a nightmare. Thought of maybe doing less Janitorial and only doing large offices/commercial accounts, more floor services since they have higher ROI for me. The less employees the less stress I have.

Do you do any janitorial accounts currently or do you solely do carpet as a owner operator?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I have thought about that, because having employees can be quite a nightmare. Thought of maybe doing less Janitorial and only doing large offices/commercial accounts, more floor services since they have higher ROI for me. The less employees the less stress I have.

Do you do any janitorial accounts currently or do you solely do carpet as a owner operator?
My brother and I are owner operators. We don't do any janitorial, but we do commercial, residential and high rise property management carpets and tile regularly and many times all in the same day. We have to keep a well stocked van, we do all types of repairs, spot dyes, stretching, patches, etc...

Personally, I'm happier and my quality of life is better as an owner operator, but I'm not everyone. Others thrive as business owners with employees and my hats off to them. Most days for me were like riding a bike, except the bike was on fire, I was on fire, everything was on fücking fire!

I work 8-3pm most days and get the van ready for the next day or the night job. I still make a list of things that suck at work and fix them to be more efficient. I like quality, speed and performance. Hitting my sales number and still leaving a little time after work to work on the business is my sweet spot.

Reactions: NickNZ and Luky