How NOT to dump waste water!!!!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
Luckily I have a spot, nothing but grass area, however...in the bigger scheme of things, my waste tank holds 70 gallons. It'll take me on average two to three regular jobs to fill that up. Those same two to three jobs use at most one whole hydro force full of chemicals. So literally 24 ounces of chemicals over 70 gallons of water, there's more crap in your runoff from washing your car in your driveway, or what about here where fast food restaurants and gas stations have their own employees pressure wash the parking lot every day and don't get into trouble, yet they want to pick on carpet cleaning companies. Bye Felicia (as my wife might say). I wish someone would mess with me about it, I'd sue the hell out of the city. If restaurants and gas stations which are for profit businesses don't have to obey then neither does anyone else

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
If restaurants and gas stations which are for profit businesses don't have to obey then neither does anyone else
As Scott said earlier, just because others don't care, or won't follow the rules, doesn't mean we shouldn't either. If anything, we should be more proactive because of them, not less.

I get it, I really do. I promise. But I just cannot find a justifiable, reasonable argument for not following proper dump procedures.

Convenient? Not an good reason.

Others do it, why not me too? Not a good reason.

Don't have room/tank not big enough? Not a good reason.

No one's watching? Ahhhh, you just can't see them.

Never been caught? Only gotta be wrong once.

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
Actually it's suing the City to force them to enforce the rules on all businesses

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
See if the local businesses have to follow the same rules we do then they'll hire companies like us instead of letting minimum wage employees take our work. Duh

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
The basis of my argument is not that we shouldn't have to, but that other businesses should have to. Thereby eliminating minimum wage employees doing our jobs. Creating more work for the service sector

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
The basis of my argument is not that we shouldn't have to, but that other businesses should have to. Thereby eliminating minimum wage employees doing our jobs. Creating more work for the service sector
I see what your saying. We have wawa’s here gas station /mega marts twice that of a typical gas joint. But they used to have a company powerwash the lot. They put barriers around the drains that kept waste out of storm water. Now i dont see them any more. Theyre next door cleaning the chic-fil-a still but not the wawa. Now what i see is the cashier when its slow. They send him out to powerwash. No barriers water goes straight down the storm drain. Theyll get caught eventually.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
The key is the wording. Run off means if it runs out into a storm drain.
As long as it soaks into the ground away from storm drains and wells it's legal.
I do only T&G so I have a lot of waste water.
I set up with the dump valve in mind.
I run the hose into a bed or discreet area and dump frequently.
Many times I just crack the valve and get a slow stream going to ensure it soaks in.
I have an apo also and my preferred dump point is the laundry washer drain.
You can pull out the washer drain hose and shove your hose way down to ensure there is no chance of it falling out.

Latest posts