Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
I had set up roughly 500 feet and started my unit with the pressure regulator set near 600psi. When all that line pressurized it spiked the heat exchanger and the heat exchanger cracked but i was still able to finish the day some how. For those who are wondering why the pulsation dampener didn't help, its because the pulsation dampener was faulty. But even though that happened i still feel that a pulsation dampener is far superior to a high pressure hose whip off the pump to flex relief pressure spikes.

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
it was probably just ready to go out .
maybe some corroded spots were weak and just blew out .

The Cleaning Artist

Jun 20, 2008
Fl
We don't have any spikes that's why there is a pressure regulator and an unloader. I think you had an over pressure situation or the exchanger had problems.

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
No, i set up about 300 feet of line that hadn't been used that had air in the lines. When i turned on the pump i felt it pressurize and come back to the machine and it blew at that point. But YES Mr clean and Joe cool it needed to be descaled. But from experience, i could have prevented it from busting if i backed off the pressure and eased the regulator up. My bad.