How much would you pay?

Drew22

May 7, 2020
Real Name
Drew Abbe
2014 savana 2500 cargo van w/prochem 405 ~4500hrs

2014 gmc 2500 with only 82,041 milage excellent condition, it has been maintainces perfectly no mechanical problems, recently replaced battery and tiers.

prochem 405 steam clean truck mount powerful machinary and versatil this brand and model has the best reputation in the cleaning industry. gets pretty hot within minutes, this whole package includes the following items.
*Hydro-Force, Carpet Wand, 2 Jets, 12" Head
*Prochem, Stair Tool, Long
*Hydro-Force, Gekko Wand with squeegee head for tile cleaning
*Hydro-Force, Upholstery Tool, Hydry Deluxe, 4.5"
*Multi-Sprayer, 115 Volt, 2 Gallon
*van chemical 2 -tier shefl
*Hydro-Force, Injection Sprayer Pro, 5 Quart
*Flexaust, Vacuum Hose, Blue, 250 feet
*Hydro-Force, Pro 4000 Solution Hose 200 feet
*Prochem's Console Tank provides 60 gallons of fresh water to a truck mount equipped van. This tank fits snug around the seats of the van and in between them using space that is normally unused.
*red garden hose 30 feet
*Electric Vacuum Hose Reel - 24" Wide

Drew22

May 7, 2020
Real Name
Drew Abbe
I am interested in purchasing this van, leaning towards not purchasing due to the high hours on the TM. Everything seems maintained well, and the unit has a new heat exchanger but still think it’s a bit high with an asking price of $27k.

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
Condition is everything...if it's mint condition (for it's age) $15k to $18k. The machine is a workhorse...if it's well maintained the hours wouldn't scare me.

Keep in mind if you bought it in one year you would have over a 100k mile van so resale would start really going down...if you plan to use it for 4-5 years and make some money then that would be less of a concern.

Reactions: Drew22

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
the hours on the 405 are suspect for that amount of years. However, if it IS 4500 hours thats just broke in. I sold a Performer (pretty much the same machine) with almost 10,000 hours that looked and ran like new. So IF and I mean IF the hours are actual, no problem there. You will be able to tell - look to see if the TM frame has been repainted. Look real close at all the components.
Most of the used dont have actual hours. Its easy to unplug the hour meter and run the machine so be careful there. IF they are actual hours you have a gem

Need pictures to give you a price though. If it is in mint condition, maybe he may not be that far off in price. But that was before COVID 19. Things are different now.

Post pictures

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I am interested in purchasing this van, leaning towards not purchasing due to the high hours on the TM. Everything seems maintained well, and the unit has a new heat exchanger but still think it’s a bit high with an asking price of $27k.
27k? In this market? Point and laugh

Drew22

May 7, 2020
Real Name
Drew Abbe
Yea everything I’m seeing price wise doesn’t seem to reflect the situation. If I need to wait a little bit to find the right deal I’m ok with that. This van seems well maintained despite the high hrs on the machine but yea I think I might be able to find better value elsewhere.
53B7667E-4DA6-406C-A1D3-DD917EED3BFC.jpeg
F42E3B26-7A3E-44BB-81FA-0267EF43B2C2.jpeg
B483362B-CE9C-489F-9905-678799BF68DD.jpeg
ECFEEC81-9AF6-4BD0-82A8-D9D6A8894D33.jpeg
595D0488-0ABD-41C9-98F7-D90767EBBEDB.jpeg

drew801

Apr 26, 2020
Real Name
Drew Abbe
Ok I have another one -

-2008 ford Econoline with new motor - 60K miles
-Rebuilt Everest 650 - 3680 hrs
-Wands, Hoses, Some Accessories

~They are asking 21k

How much could a rebuilt Everest 650 with this many hrs be worth?
everest`.jpg

Last edited:

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Wait till after July....the market will start to get good then....

The 600 per week unemployment for owner operators ends on July 31. This economy is NOT good. Expect a 30-40% + decline in folks that have the money or who are willing to have their carpets cleaned. This is gonna create all kinds of fun times in the market for the next 2-3 years.

Bottom line. Be patient. CRAZY DEALS coming soon. VERY SOON>

Do not get impatient...you will kick yourself later.

Wait for it....it is coming.

Reactions: drew801

drew801

Apr 26, 2020
Real Name
Drew Abbe
This is exactly how we are approaching this decision - there has to be some good deals out there coming soon and we are in no serious rush. Looking for the no-brainer deal.

Last edited:

TillertheJohn

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Wait till after July....the market will start to get good then....

The 600 per week unemployment for owner operators ends on July 31. This economy is NOT good. Expect a 30-40% + decline in folks that have the money or who are willing to have their carpets cleaned. This is gonna create all kinds of fun times in the market for the next 2-3 years.

Bottom line. Be patient. CRAZY DEALS coming soon. VERY SOON>

Do not get impatient...you will kick yourself later.

Wait for it....it is coming.
Sentiment here is that the people that had money before and that got their carpets cleaned will have even more money to do so now...

...people here seem to want to get out and resume life...

..and fwiw not to mince words I've seen July 25th as the end of the FPUC but maybe that is the same calendar week.

P.S. Geez I realized I type like @Anderson lol

Reactions: drew801

drew801

Apr 26, 2020
Real Name
Drew Abbe
The "people not wanting to clean their carpets" part does not bother us. We currently have steady income stream from our renovation company and are looking to expand our services.

We already have another van being set up for our other cleaning services. I'm thinking a more viable short-term plan is to purchase a nice portbable - possibly the Mytee LTD3-LX Speedster or Flood Hog. This way we don't have to turn any more business down and have a portable ready to go with our truck-mount when we find a good deal.