How much would you pay for this?

JanitorByNight

Nov 8, 2013
Real Name
Ricky Patterson
I'm looking to upgrade from a portable unit and a friend is looking to upgrade his current truckmount do I was thinking of buying his current unit. It is a Prochem Legend SE but with over 7K hours. What can you guys tell me about this unit and how much is it worth van and all?
5692d351d23c25bb047d5e6bb44c61a7.jpg

cb5f44dc5470a59c26dfb11167c4011b.jpg

6f77bef3afde5293c932c230b1dc109b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Looks rough
What year is the van and the mileage and what other equipment does it come with?

Just from what I see I would be under $5k and that is if everything works as it should.

JanitorByNight

Nov 8, 2013
Real Name
Ricky Patterson
What year is the van? Has a new engine been put in the legend?

Sent from my SM-G930P using TMF Forums mobile app

I believe it's the original. His words to me were: "Perfect starter unit. It's been a good machine but it's been used a lot. It will certainly pay for itself." No mention of it has 7k hours but only such and such on the new engine.

JanitorByNight

Nov 8, 2013
Real Name
Ricky Patterson
Looks rough
What year is the van and the mileage and what other equipment does it come with?

Just from what I see I would be under $5k and that is if everything works as it should.

2001 1/2 ton van. Over 100K miles. Not sure of the exact mileage off the top of his head. It comes with a wand and 150' of vacuum and high pressure hose.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
2001 1/2 ton van. Over 100K miles. Not sure of the exact mileage off the top of his head. It comes with a wand and 150' of vacuum and high pressure hose.

Yeah I stand by what I said about under $5K. If you buy it be prepared to do some repairs in the near future, he is upgrading because he knows that set up is going to cost money to keep it going the next 3 years.

Reactions: Cameron RDS

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States

That is not a half-ton E150... They never made an extended length E-150, just saying. So that helps the value a little but I would be at $6,000 or less, and be sure you have enough cash reserves to buy a new engine soon. Truck could break down too but unlikely as it is a Ford.

rccva

Jan 31, 2015
www.robertscarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Robert Webb
Business Location
United States
Looks like a lot of troublesome days in your near future on this one, you don't want to be breaking down at your customers homes. You would know better then me, but it doesn't look like he took real good care of his equipment. If your in this business full time, or want to be doing it full time, invest in your future and buy something that others want, not what others want to unload on you.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
Yeah I stand by what I said about under $5K. If you buy it be prepared to do some repairs in the near future, he is upgrading because he knows that set up is going to cost money to keep it going the next 3 years.
$4k to $4.5k The hours on the machine are really up there and no telling how many miles on the van.

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
The tm is a throw away and you're just buying a used van at that point. So I agree with the above posts 3 to five grand and only then if you know it will make you an extra grand a month over your portable.

JanitorByNight

Nov 8, 2013
Real Name
Ricky Patterson
The tm is a throw away and you're just buying a used van at that point. So I agree with the above posts 3 to five grand and only then if you know it will make you an extra grand a month over your portable.

I believe he's asking 5K. I'm just getting so tired of my portable. I have a Mytee 1003DX. The cords are always in the way. You constantly have to refill with water. And the thing flips breakers constantly.

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
I believe he's asking 5K. I'm just getting so tired of my portable. I have a Mytee 1003DX. The cords are always in the way. You constantly have to refill with water. And the thing flips breakers constantly.

I'd buy it man it doesn't look that bad for 4- 5k. It's a hell of a lot better than a portable! Look at it this way: I know you're a porty guy so even if you're only making $100/hour it only has to run for 50 hours to pay for itself.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I'd buy it man it doesn't look that bad for 4- 5k. It's a hell of a lot better than a portable! Look at it this way: I know you're a porty guy so even if you're only making $100/hour it only has to run for 50 hours to pay for itself.
Would you still buy it if you had no experience doing repairs?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Air cooled engines usually last 4000-6000 hours tops. Being at 7000 it's a ticking time bomb. Replacing the engine isn't horrible but plan on spending $2,500-3,000 in the near future.

JanitorByNight

Nov 8, 2013
Real Name
Ricky Patterson

Yeah, I was thinking along those lines. But there are people way smarter than me on here when it comes to carpet cleaning and tile and grout cleaning. I mainly do commercial janitorial and VCT currently. I use my porty for the carpet in my accounts. I'd like to get more into tile and grout and hard surface flooring and my Mytee only has 500 PSI. Is tile and grout cleaning a lot harder on a truckmount than just carpet cleaning? I just figured this might be an inexpensive way to see if it's for me or not. Worst case scenario, how much is an engine replacement?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States