How much to charge for hardwood cleaning ? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

How much to charge for hardwood cleaning ?

mikkel99

Dec 2, 2013
Real Name
mikkel henderson
How much to charge for hardwood cleaning ? and applying the finish

MPR

Mar 10, 2014
Illinois
Real Name
Mike Raimer
Business Location
United States
You can use a low speed scrubber and a red and white pad (red on top white on bottom touching floor). Just make sure its not laminate of any kind. The 1$ per sq ft is a good price, and .50 for finish plus the cost of the finish. Make sure to test for wax finish before starting.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
A video here shows two possible processes. I assume you don't have a wood floor machine, so watch the process using whote and maroon pads. Then 2 coats of finish.
http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=CW025GL

National average is $1.25 for cleaning and 2 coats of finish, butr some get as much as $2 for thats ervice. Depends upon your expenses, your market and the level of service you provide.

Reactions: Jpais

leofry

Feb 12, 2009
bardstown kentucky
Real Name
john rogers
I bought a bona power scrubber last year, at first i was about .42 cents a sq ft but have come down, its quite easy to clean imo. I use the bona products but i do not apply a finish i just clean .. everyone has been very happy with the cleaning ... now i charge about .24 cents a sq foot ...
a few side notes

* i think the machine needs some modifications to it... bigger wheels for one bigger tank but of course that will make it weigh more..
* its easy to use.
* not that many people want this service