How much suction / water lift / inches of mercury is enough | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

How much suction / water lift / inches of mercury is enough

Feb 21, 2015
Real Name
Stephen Proulx
4-6 without them but how long when you use them? I know we cant get everything dry but i guess if you get the rooms without ceiling fans dry or whatever room they need to get back in dry is better then nothing
I use a ninja warrior portible dual 2 stage and get 75% recovery rate including pre spray and rinse/flushing out carpet also using a heat mate @ 200 psi and I always use enzyme pre spray dry times are around 2-4 hours in summer with windows open and winter with snow on ground is around 8 hours

vladimir

Apr 3, 2011
palmdale ca.
Real Name
Dennis azenon
Business Location
United States
If I just do normal cleaning without them 4 to 6 hours and if I use air movers 2 or less depending on how much I have to clean and how often I move them. With the dri pods you gotta keep them moving since they are small but I've been thinking of adding two mini air movers so I don't have to move them.

On a separate note if it's raining I'll tell people an extra hour or two dry times and I've never had any complaints. If I do a live enzyme treatment I tell them an extra 4 hours. If it's raining and we do a live enzyme I just say 12 hours and have them keep the hvac running.
Here is something that has worked for me I have 3 right now but I would like to get 2 more but here is what helps me not move them around to much 1st picture you can see I only have the 2 minis going look at the curtains 2nd picture I got my bigger fan going on full blast look at the curtains flying around lol did not have to worry about this home customer had removed everything but you are right you must be careful of pictures frames and customers belongings
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1457308589.306738.jpg
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1457308624.890797.jpg
but if you point the bigger fan in the same direction of the other 2 it helps move the air around more in the room meaning less moving around that was the last room and left them last until I packed everything in the van and collected payment and took fans last all rooms were dry when I left customer totally happy they could walk around in there home when I left sorry this picture
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1457308957.614454.jpg
wait wrong picture I will look for it were the curtains are going wild lol

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
IMG_1481.JPG
IMG_1466.JPG
Here is something that has worked for me I have 3 right now but I would like to get 2 more but here is what helps me not move them around to much 1st picture you can see I only have the 2 minis going look at the curtains 2nd picture I got my bigger fan going on full blast look at the curtains flying around lol did not have to worry about this home customer had removed everything but you are right you must be careful of pictures frames and customers belongings View attachment 61515View attachment 61516but if you point the bigger fan in the same direction of the other 2 it helps move the air around more in the room meaning less moving around that was the last room and left them last until I packed everything in the van and collected payment and took fans last all rooms were dry when I left customer totally happy they could walk around in there home when I left sorry this picture View attachment 61517
Can't daisy chain those Mini Dri Pods , cords are short and are riveted together for assembly. Personally I'd rather spend more and have all of what the Dri pods don't have and move the air movers less.
Nice job on the carpet.Room looks great.
Curtains LOL Look at my grand daughter ...Super Woman !!

Last edited:
Reactions: vladimir

vladimir

Apr 3, 2011
palmdale ca.
Real Name
Dennis azenon
Business Location
United States
Can't daisy chain those Mini Dri Pods , cords are short and are riveted together for assembly. Personally I'd rather spend more and have all of what the Dri pods don't have and move the air movers less.
Nice job on the carpet.Room looks great.
Yeah you can't daisy chain them but they work great can't complain I usually use them for bedrooms but since all the other rooms were dry I put them in the last room and thank you for the compliment that house was pretty bad
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1457309870.546938.jpg

Feb 21, 2015
Real Name
Stephen Proulx
What is everyone's thoughts on air movers, is it
the brand
the type
the amps
the mph on the air / velocity
or the cfm on the mover for fast drying

I have read many people say the dri eaz f377 studebaker will dry a room in 20 minutes at 5500 cfm
do you guys think with 2 "snail" air movers with a combined cfm of 5400 cfm would do the same thing

on a note one guy said carpets normally took a day to dry but with air mover at 5500 cfm cut down to 20 minutes to dry

everyone's thoughts

Feb 21, 2015
Real Name
Stephen Proulx
Your guy's thoughts on why in some carpet jobs my dual 2 stage parallel porty leaves carpet dry in couple hours and other jobs takes a day or 2 to dry and then in the longer drytime jobs my porty with almost 200 cfm and 150 inches of lift will get berber dry in 8 hours where as the dual 2 stage parallel with same cfm but half the lift takes 1-2 days to dry.

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Your guy's thoughts on why in some carpet jobs my dual 2 stage parallel porty leaves carpet dry in couple hours and other jobs takes a day or 2 to dry and then in the longer drytime jobs my porty with almost 200 cfm and 150 inches of lift will get berber dry in 8 hours where as the dual 2 stage parallel with same cfm but half the lift takes 1-2 days to dry.
Don't even bother telling some of these dudes who swear by cfm......all you need is enough to get it to the waste tank. But water lift is what separates the soil and water from the fiber.

Feb 21, 2015
Real Name
Stephen Proulx
Don't even bother telling some of these dudes who swear by cfm......all you need is enough to get it to the waste tank. But water lift is what separates the soil and water from the fiber.
Do you think a machine with high water lift and 100 cfm would leave carpets dryer than 200 cfm and 80 inches lift and how much lift is enough and what's min lift I want

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
One can barely get my wand off the carpet because I have great lift but a better wand. That new Tmf Dang Pro has crazy cfm and lift

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States