How much suction / water lift / inches of mercury is enough | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

How much suction / water lift / inches of mercury is enough

Feb 21, 2015
Real Name
Stephen Proulx
whats everyone's thoughts on air mover
i can get whole room powr flight dryer 3500 cfm

dri eaz 5500 cfm whole room dryer also 3x amp draw versus 3500 cfm powr flight

or a small air mover with 2200 cfm

my goals are 1. dry stairs the best and fastest, efficiently and evenly
2. dry rooms evenly and the best / fastest - why 1 or 2 should I buy

Feb 21, 2015
Real Name
Stephen Proulx
If you want the best dry times possible buy some air movers and do dry strokes, you'll never be able to pick up all that you put down and you may give a customer something they've never seen before leading to a cheerleader or at the least a repeat customer. Just a little food for thought.

thank you, I am going to get some dri eaz ones 5500 cfm 7.5 amps most professionals are saying they are the best better than powr flite 3500 cfm 4 amp units, do you use dri eaz?

Feb 21, 2015
Real Name
Stephen Proulx
3 separate 15 amp circuits. One 2 stage low amp vacuum motor attached to the exhaust of each 8.4.
that is ironic as I had the exact same idea to do with my genetic jag that I had custom made, I have a cub but the plumbing is too small and chokes cfm and for some reason lift is 120 on same motor in my generic version it is 130 + not sure why, but glad to know you can achieve such amazing results with that configuration

what are your dry times like?
do you keep track of extraction rate - amount of prespray put down in gallons, fresh water/rinse in gallons divided into amount of water in gallons extracted / recovered in recovery tank?

Feb 21, 2015
Real Name
Stephen Proulx
Wow, surprisingly, as I said...thats a 55% ratio...I am impressing myself, but thats easy to do.
we miss understood each other, you said something smart and true you want lift to be around 55% of cfm on unit so for every 100 cfm you want 55 inches of lift makes sense and is true

but I was saying if you have 100 inches of lift and 200 cfm in a unit then when wand is on carpet you get
45 inches on lift on carpet and 120 cfm

Feb 21, 2015
Real Name
Stephen Proulx
Yes I use the dri pods and a Sahara.
how many cfm are the ones you use and are they whole room dryers, as most people who love the high cfm dri eaz whole room dryer say rooms are dry in 10 - 30 min instead of 8 - 24 hours without
your thoughts and how fast does your carpets dry with and without air movers

russrroberts

Jan 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ
www.steamnfresh.com
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
how many cfm are the ones you use and are they whole room dryers, as most people who love the high cfm dri eaz whole room dryer say rooms are dry in 10 - 30 min instead of 8 - 24 hours without
your thoughts and how fast does your carpets dry with and without air movers
The dri pods are mini air movers, maybe 750 cfm and the Sahara is around 2200 maybe not really sure I don't care much about cfm, I usually do extra dry strokes on a regular basis or use air movers, depending on the situation.

Just remember customers have photos on the walls and papers on a desk and an extremely high cfm air mover can't be used in these areas, you can damage their belongings so you'd be running them on low or medium in some areas. For commercial jobs or empty houses it will work well. I'd just keep that in mind that having an air mover is better than not having one.

Feb 21, 2015
Real Name
Stephen Proulx
The dri pods are mini air movers, maybe 750 cfm and the Sahara is around 2200 maybe not really sure I don't care much about cfm, I usually do extra dry strokes on a regular basis or use air movers, depending on the situation.

Just remember customers have photos on the walls and papers on a desk and an extremely high cfm air mover can't be used in these areas, you can damage their belongings so you'd be running them on low or medium in some areas. For commercial jobs or empty houses it will work well. I'd just keep that in mind that having an air mover is better than not having one.
good point I never thought of, do you think even a downward draft unit that has casters would affect pictures and papers like
where it lays down and blows over carpet and is not on its side

russrroberts

Jan 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ
www.steamnfresh.com
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
good point I never thought of, do you think even a downward draft unit that has casters would affect pictures and papers like
where it lays down and blows over carpet and is not on its side
The dri pods face down and they work well just gotta move them constantly since they are lower cfm but it doesn't bother me. I use them on carpets and tile.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
thank you, I am going to get some dri eaz ones 5500 cfm 7.5 amps most professionals are saying they are the best better than powr flite 3500 cfm 4 amp units, do you use dri eaz?
Dri eaz..More Power more Money
Powr flite Less power Less money.....Both well known mfgs....as a General rule most equipment can be found for less at PF.

comfort carpet care

Jul 15, 2013
Georgia
www.comfortcarpetcare.com
Real Name
Michael Comfort
Just remember customers have photos on the walls and papers on a desk and an extremely high cfm air mover can't be used in these areas, you can damage their belongings...
I had a fan made by Dayton that was just like that. On high it would blow framed pictures/painting right off the wall. Only happened once, learned that lesson quick.

Total Cleaning Service

Sep 13, 2015
Real Name
Matthew Tyson
The dri pods face down and they work well just gotta move them constantly since they are lower cfm but it doesn't bother me. I use them on carpets and tile.
What kind of dry times are you getting with the dry pods? For example if u had a 10x12 bedroom

russrroberts

Jan 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ
www.steamnfresh.com
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
What kind of dry times are you getting with the dry pods? For example if u had a 10x12 bedroom
If I just do normal cleaning without them 4 to 6 hours and if I use air movers 2 or less depending on how much I have to clean and how often I move them. With the dri pods you gotta keep them moving since they are small but I've been thinking of adding two mini air movers so I don't have to move them.

On a separate note if it's raining I'll tell people an extra hour or two dry times and I've never had any complaints. If I do a live enzyme treatment I tell them an extra 4 hours. If it's raining and we do a live enzyme I just say 12 hours and have them keep the hvac running.

Total Cleaning Service

Sep 13, 2015
Real Name
Matthew Tyson
If I just do normal cleaning without them 4 to 6 hours and if I use air movers 2 or less depending on how much I have to clean and how often I move them. With the dri pods you gotta keep them moving since they are small but I've been thinking of adding two mini air movers so I don't have to move them.

On a separate note if it's raining I'll tell people an extra hour or two dry times and I've never had any complaints. If I do a live enzyme treatment I tell them an extra 4 hours. If it's raining and we do a live enzyme I just say 12 hours and have them keep the hvac running.
4-6 without them but how long when you use them? I know we cant get everything dry but i guess if you get the rooms without ceiling fans dry or whatever room they need to get back in dry is better then nothing

russrroberts

Jan 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ
www.steamnfresh.com
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
4-6 without them but how long when you use them? I know we cant get everything dry but i guess if you get the rooms without ceiling fans dry or whatever room they need to get back in dry is better then nothing
I always provide shoe covers and if I can I'll dry the most important room and let the others dry naturally if they are fine with that, it all really depends on the job.

Just cleaned two mattresses and before I left this one was dry and the other was barely damp to the touch and it will be dry in less than 3 hours.

When I use air movers and I move them correctly and not drag my ass, I will have stuff dry in under 2 hours. I always tell them 4 to 6 hour dry times regardless just to under promise and over deliver but when I call to do follow ups and people always say how glad they are that it didn't take long to dry.

Attachments

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
that is ironic as I had the exact same idea to do with my genetic jag that I had custom made, I have a cub but the plumbing is too small and chokes cfm and for some reason lift is 120 on same motor in my generic version it is 130 + not sure why, but glad to know you can achieve such amazing results with that configuration

what are your dry times like?
do you keep track of extraction rate - amount of prespray put down in gallons, fresh water/rinse in gallons divided into amount of water in gallons extracted / recovered in recovery tank?
1. Performance readings DO seem to waver from motor to motor ( same model) but also varies with atmospheric conditions especially lift / H20 readings.

2. Track the prespray ..heck no. Varies from job to job.

3. Recovery ? Sometimes 90% other times 75%. SOOOO many variables.

This brings us to DRY Times. .....Seems everyone's definition of DRY is different or we all have our OWN meaning of dry.
Sh!t I use 3 full size air movers ( No Chinese made riveted minis) and there are times the carpet is not dry after a couple hours. Too many variables..
My reminder cards date back to clients from 2009 when I started . If their happy I'm happy.
ATTACH THAT CUB TO ONE OF YOUR EXHAUSTS on your generic Jag. Do not use a y pipe.
Now Check your lift and keep a good eye on the level of waste and any APO filter you may have.
You can thank me later .