How much solution do you use? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

How much solution do you use?

Discussion in 'Modify Truckmounts & Portables' started by agrantnz, Nov 7, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. agrantnz

agrantnz Active Member

May 6, 2014
    Male
    Technician
    New Zealand
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    I have a boxxer 318. Have been using for many years but it's got me wondering lately how do I know if I'm using the right amount? How much do you go through on say a average 3 bedroom home? (Something that might take 2 hours to clean empty). I would use up to 3 gallons on a job like this.
    Thanks

2. Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Male
    Owner Operator
    Serving the greater Charlotte area
    Ratings:
    +981 / 2 / -0
    I'm using 2½ gallons of hedpack per 50 gallons of water in my freshwater tank set at ~2 gph on a job like yours. The metering is totally consistent using the transfer pump with my CDS's water box system. Using a garden hose directly with the various incoming pressures around town I have to readjust it a lot. Sometimes I forget and burn through more than I should. I mainly extract with Bridgepoint white lightning and I like to see just a very light white line when the Jets hit the carpet. For extremely dirty carpet I have to adjust the metering up to get the same effect. I hope that makes sense.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jtsunbrite

Premium VIP

Sep 4, 2015
    Male
    Houston, Texas
    Ratings:
    +4,562 / 11 / -0
    I use what ever it takes to get the job done,,, damn the costs !

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. agrantnz

agrantnz Active Member

May 6, 2014
    Male
    Technician
    New Zealand
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    We are extremely limited in what chems we have here. So because of the limit, costs are high. I want to make sure that the costs aren't more than is needed. I want to try Rob's stuff but no one's gotten back to me about the MSDS sheets.

5. jtsunbrite

Premium VIP

Sep 4, 2015
    Male
    Houston, Texas
    Ratings:
    +4,562 / 11 / -0
    100 % understand your concerns, but remember, we all have to learn the new chems from rob, use more here , less here etc... this pertains to all chems... Learn what the chems do so you can keep waste to a minimum.

6. rob allen

rob allen Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Top Poster of Month

Sep 5, 2007
    Male
    President
    Va.
    Ratings:
    +27,688 / 87 / -0
    All MSDS sheets have and are being uploaded to the store.

• Like Like x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Anderson

Anderson Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Belton Texas
    Ratings:
    +382 / 5 / -0
    Always prespot ....and a rinsing agent......

Some of thes chems like robs secret stuff may be able to be cleaned with straght water....
    I will find out in in a few days when I get my secret formula

I may be wrong but i believe the secret formula is 8ph
    And the secret spiked stuff at around 9ph?????

8. agrantnz

agrantnz Active Member

May 6, 2014
    Male
    Technician
    New Zealand
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Yeah the problem here is we can go job to job from a 30 year old wool carpet to brand new mowhawk and then back to wool. Might even have that in the same house! So I'm looking for something better... Always something better... That will be no more than a similar cost to what I can already get. But I was looking at Rob's secret.