How much $$$ per hour | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

How much $$$ per hour

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Some 4 bedroom houses take 45 minutes, some an hour, some an hour and 45 minutes.

That's the problem, everything isn't equal. Carpet cleaning is just that, cleaning a carpet. Its a very hard sell.

AffordableCarpetCare

Aug 30, 2013
Lebanon TN
Real Name
Matthew Patterson
Business Location
United States
maybe we should be charging customers an hourly rate
if you need to make $100 per hr then charge that
if you need to make $150 an hour then charge that and so on
never mind how many area's there are and an per area charge
Just tell the customer up front that you charge $150 per hour
or $200 an hour
Ok i'm not serious about that because if you presented it that way to a potential customer i don't think it would go very well

I can go look at at job to give an estimate and go over everything the customer wants and i'll know at that point how long it will take me give or take 10 - 15 minutes as i'm sure most of you guys can too
I don't really have a set in stone per room charge, i'll look at a job, then in my head i know how long it'll take me, so if i need $150 per hour and i figure i'll be there for one hour and its 3 rooms then they are paying 50 per room if its 4 rooms and i know i can do it in an hour then its 37.50 per room and i still hit my 150 per hour goal but i'd most likely round that up to 40 per room so i'd then be at $160 for an hour on that one

but we are all different some are happy grossing 100 per hour some need 150 per hr maybe some need more
This is exactly how i do my commercial estimates... I look at and measure everything, but when i figure it i figure how long and how much supplies will take to do the job... Residential is per sqft but that rate can vary depending on conditions.

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
Some 4 bedroom houses take 45 minutes, some an hour, some an hour and 45 minutes.

That's the problem, everything isn't equal. Carpet cleaning is just that, cleaning a carpet. Its a very hard sell.
True, everything isn't equal, one 4 room job can take longer the another 4 room job,
That's why i don't like giving prices over the phone.

Luckily for me most of my work is very local, real close to my home.
so I always go out 1st and give an exact cost to the customer, then i book them right then and there 98% of the time
I have a app on my phone with my schedule that comes in handy for these times

Reactions: PistolPete

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
We book most jobs online. We have a set price for low moisture and next to it says (our most popular) this can be done with either the TM or the VLM equipment... its for cleaner carpets. If we use the TM the pressure is lower, pre spray is very minimal. Customers don't really ask too much about equipment.

Then we have a set price for "restoration" next to it says - (high temp steam) carpet cleaning for heavily stained/soiled carpets.

We don't do the 3 tier thing, we did in the past. Many customers book restoration especially move outs.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
maybe we should be charging customers an hourly rate
if you need to make $100 per hr then charge that
if you need to make $150 an hour then charge that and so on
never mind how many area's there are and an per area charge
Just tell the customer up front that you charge $150 per hour
or $200 an hour
Ok i'm not serious about that because if you presented it that way to a potential customer i don't think it would go very well

I can go look at at job to give an estimate and go over everything the customer wants and i'll know at that point how long it will take me give or take 10 - 15 minutes as i'm sure most of you guys can too
I don't really have a set in stone per room charge, i'll look at a job, then in my head i know how long it'll take me, so if i need $150 per hour and i figure i'll be there for one hour and its 3 rooms then they are paying 50 per room if its 4 rooms and i know i can do it in an hour then its 37.50 per room and i still hit my 150 per hour goal but i'd most likely round that up to 40 per room so i'd then be at $160 for an hour on that one

but we are all different some are happy grossing 100 per hour some need 150 per hr maybe some need more
I don’t pay attention to hourly rates.........I look at what I net after expenses per month.......

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
We book most jobs online. We have a set price for low moisture and next to it says (our most popular) this can be done with either the TM or the VLM equipment... its for cleaner carpets. If we use the TM the pressure is lower, pre spray is very minimal. Customers don't really ask too much about equipment.

Then we have a set price for "restoration" next to it says - (high temp steam) carpet cleaning for heavily stained/soiled carpets.

We don't do the 3 tier thing, we did in the past. Many customers book restoration especially move outs.
That's not a bad idea....