Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I know many complain about the prices of Truckmounts. I’m not gonna lie I have a time or two myself. But if we think about it, how much has one of our Truckmounts made us in gross income?

IMG_9413.JPG

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
The mount itself or the entire van with all the accessories to use the mount ?

Mount was $30,000. Probably spent $3,000 on maintenance for it so far.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
if somebody complains about the cost of a TM they are an idiot.

If you buy new they should last (water cooled engine) at least 10 years and only then should you sell it because at that point repairs can be no longer cost effective. I run about 900 hours per year so you can do the math.

Running a good TM can be so cost efficient that it not only pays for itself monetarily but also in time efficiency.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
one piece of advice I would recommend to newbies is to get the best TM you can afford. I remember years ago I had open credit at a bank and could have purchased any TM I wanted. Me, being cheap, bought the Prochem Cub. Over time I learned that the low vacuum and low heat wasnt very time efficient so I sold it (to a guy from Alaska no less) and went with a Performer. I made up the price difference very quickly taking into consideration how much time I saved on each job and how much cleaner the carpet got.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
one piece of advice I would recommend to newbies is to get the best TM you can afford. I remember years ago I had open credit at a bank and could have purchased any TM I wanted. Me, being cheap, bought the Prochem Cub. Over time I learned that the low vacuum and low heat wasnt very time efficient so I sold it (to a guy from Alaska no less) and went with a Performer. I made up the price difference very quickly taking into consideration how much time I saved on each job and how much cleaner the carpet got.

This... I worked at companies who had 4-5 different types of truck mounts. Funny how quickly you learned which mount made your day easier.

Reactions: SRD

nathan hess

Dec 20, 2020
Real Name
Nathan Hess
I just purchased a used Prochem 150 for a good price to install in a van I already own. I am currently collecting the missing pieces(presprayer, chemical, spotters, etc) to be ready to work in a few months. My plan is to make 10 fold what 8 have in TM and accessories in the first year.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
When I had my entry level TM, my spotting kit was one of the first things I brought into the home. Now that I got my HM 4.8 /Salsa I constantly wrestler with myself on whether or not to take the kit in for most jobs. It's a necessary tool.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
When I had my entry level TM, my spotting kit was one of the first things I brought into the home. Now that I got my HM 4.8 /Salsa I constantly wrestler with myself on whether or not to take the kit in for most jobs. It's a necessary tool.

In most cases I don't need a spotting agent. If my pre-spray didn't get it up, then it most likely needs something like PIG or Red 1. Probably use on about 15-20% of jobs.

Reactions: mrotto

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Took my Apex 570 in today for its 1,000 hour service. Immediately discovered a minor coolant leak.

Everything else seems to look in decent shape.

Feb 13, 2011
CA
Real Name
Bret Furtado
Business Location
United States
My starter TM is a Hydramaster Titan 575... I'm drooling waiting to pick up the van from ProLine this week! I know it's going to make me tons of money! I opted to buy a better machine out the box instead of gimping with the little guy at first.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Looks like an amazing piece of equip. What kind of heat are you getting • say at 400 psi 2 gpm ? Or whatever combo you use ?

Well the pump is rated at 5.5 GPM (obviously thats not what is coming out of the wand)

On LOW heat setting, 600 PSI with a T-Rex JR it pushes about 200 degrees out of the wand.

ON MEDIUM about 220. This is measured AT the wand.

between 100-150 ft of pressure hose.

Reactions: U. S. Vet.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
My starter TM is a Hydramaster Titan 575... I'm drooling waiting to pick up the van from ProLine this week! I know it's going to make me tons of money! I opted to buy a better machine out the box instead of gimping with the little guy at first.
you made a great decision! I have one too and love it!

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Took my Apex 570 in today for its 1,000 hour service. Immediately discovered a minor coolant leak.

Everything else seems to look in decent shape.
my Prochem Apex (Kubota) had an extremely minor coolant leak. Never had it fixed, just added a tad of coolant every 4-6 months or so in the overfill. I wouldnt worry about it unless you see drips.

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
I purchased my current truckmount in 1985 for $5200 cash. It has been completely modified over the years to now include dual wand cleaning, blistering heat 240 degrees ATWands, and a foolproof APO. It runs a total of 12 flow, ROOTS #45 blower, CAT PUMP, LP heat.

It is now in its 3rd van.

Last edited:

ServiceLifter

Jan 10, 2021
Real Name
Schieler Mew
Hey there, no truck-mount yet, just working with a portable. In the past week so far it has made us roughly $4300 spread over about 15 jobs. Note, we also offer other services while we are at our clients house, making our average ticket around $300 I believe.

We just started this new venture, my wife and I and are excited to get off the ground with it! Hoping to have a truck mount in one year or less!

Reactions: SRD

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Hey there, no truck-mount yet, just working with a portable. In the past week so far it has made us roughly $4300 spread over about 15 jobs. Note, we also offer other services while we are at our clients house, making our average ticket around $300 I believe.

We just started this new venture, my wife and I and are excited to get off the ground with it! Hoping to have a truck mount in one year or less!

Congrats. Once you go Truckmount you can’t go back.

PenelopeEllison

Jan 7, 2021
Real Name
PenelopeEllison

This is a good start, keep it up!