How much for a used 56 blower?

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
I have the same engine. The engine fires right up every morning when the engine is cold but if I try to start it when the engine is hot it floods every time and takes several minutes to start up. The engine has been this way since it was brand new. I’ve heard it’s a common problem among 40 horsepower Kohlers. Do you have the same issue?
I have heard the same thing and have had a problem or 2 if I try to start it hot so I just never shut it down till the job is done.
Even if I have to drain mid job I will idle it down, pop the waste tank lid and drain but never shut it off.
I think it has more to do with a vapor lock problem because I have actually restarted mine quicker by closing the choke for a second or two with the throttle half open.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I have the same engine. The engine fires right up every morning when the engine is cold but if I try to start it when the engine is hot it floods every time and takes several minutes to start up. The engine has been this way since it was brand new. I’ve heard it’s a common problem among 40 horsepower Kohlers. Do you have the same issue?
I have the same issue with my 30 hp Koehler

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
vapor lock?????

interesting i have had 4 kholers.....reviewing some info on this....

do you guys have HX or fuel heaters??????

gtech12v

Dec 2, 2008
California
Real Name
Gerson Anaya
Business Location
United States
32.5 HP Kohler Command Pro V-Twin CH940-2003 I have this model and never a problem cold or hot must be something with the CH1000 model

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
i am not an expert on these kholer engines...but i have had 4 over the last 18 years........

this is my take:
1. a problem with fuel injection..or other internal issue....
2. colder climate////
3. HX causing vapor lock and back pressure????

i am thinking back 15 years before I replaced my HX with fuel heat......
During the time I had HX i had back-firing starting up and back firing shuting down.....terrible sometimes it would blow your ears off like a bomb......
and some flooding starting at times
i tried everything changing the idle... starting and stopping.....
did help some but never stopped the problem......

After I switched to fuel heater and muffler i rarely have these problems.......
thats why I asked if these were HX truckmounts?????

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Are you running off the kohler fuel pump or separately pump from under the van?
My van is a Sprinter diesel so I have a separate fuel cell that is ran using a pump from an auto parts store. This may be changing as I just had an accident today and I fear they may end up totalling my van :(

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
32.5 HP Kohler Command Pro V-Twin CH940-2003 I have this model and never a problem cold or hot must be something with the CH1000 model
It’s a known issue with the CH1000 model.

It doesn’t matter if it’s 45 degrees or 115 degrees outside it’s the same year round. Carb and all fuel components check out ok.

Kind of like Kevin, I try not to shut it off til the job is done but sometimes I have to.

Reactions: gtech12v

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I added a fuel pump after the fuel tap and it resolved my hot start issue. The mechanical fuel pump is weak.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo