How many years have you been cleaning... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

How many years have you been cleaning...

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I’m in my 50th year, all as a self employed owner operator, one truck, no employees. I started with and have used steam cleaning all these years. I haven’t found anyone else who has done it this way.

I need to retire as I am 70 years old. I started when steam cleaning was a brand new industry at 20 years old.

www.deltasteamway.com
My hats off and all due respect Loren.

Reactions: Spazznout

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I used to fall asleep to the sound of a Kirby Vacuum as my dad worked cleaning classrooms. So you could almost say I've been doing it since before I could walk.

Or you could say 12 years since I got my first custodial job.

Reactions: rob allen

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
I was 8 when I started cleaning. I’m almost 52. I’ve been on my own since I was 24. Almost 44 years.

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Reactions: smart n kleen

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Started at age 19 ( April 1986) so.... 33 yrs
Hey Grant

How you doing...have not seen you in awhile...
Things slow down for the winter already for ya????

Have you seen some of the new portable duct cleaning units they have......Nikro has one with 5100 CFM and its mounted 3 feet from the mainline so no line loss....I am thinking of getting one for the winter at least....
@emeraldclean

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Hey Grant

How you doing...have not seen you in awhile...
Things slow down for the winter already for ya????

Have you seen some of the new portable duct cleaning units they have......Nikro has one with 5100 CFM and its mounted 3 feet from the mainline so no line loss....I am thinking of getting one for the winter at least....
@emeraldclean
Hi Buddy
Yes, been off TMF for awhile now. November is still busy with duct cleaning but we are getting pretty cold up here in Manitoba. Portable equipment would be nice if it is easy to maneuver to furnace area. I go hard with carpets / vents ( April- end of Nov). Pretty much take the winters off now. Make hay while the sun shines Matt. Our winters are brutal and had enough of cold weather cleaning ( even if portable)

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Hi Buddy
Yes, been off TMF for awhile now. November is still busy with duct cleaning but we are getting pretty cold up here in Manitoba. Portable equipment would be nice if it is easy to maneuver to furnace area. I go hard with carpets / vents ( April- end of Nov). Pretty much take the winters off now. Make hay while the sun shines Matt. Our winters are brutal and had enough of cold weather cleaning ( even if portable)
Agree.....

Ive got myself totally off the Truck.....
I've got 3 crews now.

Rebranded, kept the name as our reputation rocks, just needed a new more pros look.

Just hired on a major marketing firm...

Shooting for the stars at this point....

Winter cleaning is a young mans game for sure.....

I was off TMF as well for 2 years or so....just started stopping by again a month or two ago....

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Agree.....

Ive got myself totally off the Truck.....
I've got 3 crews now.

Rebranded, kept the name as our reputation rocks, just needed a new more pros look.

Just hired on a major marketing firm...

Shooting for the stars at this point....

Winter cleaning is a young mans game for sure.....

I was off TMF as well for 2 years or so....just started stopping by again a month or two ago....
You have been missed - good to see you again :)

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
Worked off and on with my dad for 25 years. Now he’s retired and his van is in my driveway. Still trying to figure out what to do next