keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Check out some pics (no before picture I know wtf but the carpets weren't very soiled to begin with) from second time cleaning today and I will share my experience from today. Caution: long post.

I ran it with 100' ft of vac hose because I wanted to see the system work at 100' including the lint hog filter in use. Having only two 50' vac hoses made the choice simple. I also used a piglet filter in the lint hog too. I checked my vac lines for leakage once I git started and it did seem like their might of been hissing from around the lint hog but the connections were as tight as they could be so I chalked it up to that just being how it is.

Once I verify I can cut my 50 footer myself with a hacksaw or sawzall without sacrificing connections or power or something I think I will do that so I can shorten default hose runs with filter.

It was cold (44) and rainy today so maybe that made it harder to dry but like the first time I did MANY dry strokes today to get it dry. Was dry 90% in 1 hour before we left.

I shut generator and everything off after pre spraying with my inline sprayer because why let everything run for 10 minutes while it dwells and I agitate with the crb? Wondering if another sprayer might be better for most jobs for this reason. Also, to get hot water I have to fire the wand then switch to the inline sprayer to make warm/hot pre spray. Doesn't feel ideal but might be a necessary evil. Unless cold pre spray is just as good?

Also, can you keep and reuse leftover pre spray? Both times poured out a shit ton because the 100 square feet I cleaned didn't require much at all.

On the other hand I think my APO is working because when I was rolling up the APO hose water poured out of both ends. Still a little surprised that the air hog doesn't fully pump out its contents and empty itself. Maybe my expectations were too high and I guess I will have to empty it might self and rinse it occasionally to keep it clean.

If it wasn't for my wife stating how great the carpets looked and commenting that she would pay for that level of cleaning I might say Im a little underwhelmed. Dont get me wrong Im satisfied with results but its annoying when I see little flecks and bits of things in the carpet that is unmoved after my HWE. I think I expected to blast out and suck up everything with my Hot water and vacs. Also, I can't say for sure if I had a rat nasty lol my wand would cut through it like you see on youtube.

Something else I noticed was because I do many dry strokes after wet strokes I think that gives a chance for my water to cool off. I think it might be better for me to do wet strokes and a dry stroke or two to keep my water hot throughout the cleaning (for hopefully a better cleaning) and then come back for more dry strokes later. I think this is a BIG KEY to better HWE.

Over 2 hours from beginning to end to clean this tiny area. Which is a great improvement over day one but there is much room for efficiency.

I definitely need to order the hose reels and get the AutoFill and APO, and Solution line hooked up live and I think that would be a huge improvement.

Believe it or not kind of like I mentioned above making prespray is kind of like a shit show as well as cleaning out the sprayer afterwards is cumbersome. I put almost 2 scoops of black label in today and only filled my inline sprayer upon to the first line - however much that was, a quart? Its all in the van now..

**Also, today was first ever try with stain removal. My daughter spilled like a half bottle or full bottle of nail polish like 6-8 months ago so my expectations weren't very high. Upon damoing with a brush and towel there was almost no transfer. I applied a bunch of gel I have let it dwell, pre sprayed over it and almost no result after extracting. If I knew how to do carpet repair I think that is what is needed on that one.

If you made it this far you either are entertained by newbie follies or are bored and pissed you wasted the time.

Thank you for reading and I am always open to others thoughts and feedback.
Utility knife. Slice right though it. Then trim it a little so it threads into cuff.

Reactions: Select

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
Check out some pics (no before picture I know wtf but the carpets weren't very soiled to begin with) from second time cleaning today and I will share my experience from today. Caution: long post.

I ran it with 100' ft of vac hose because I wanted to see the system work at 100' including the lint hog filter in use. Having only two 50' vac hoses made the choice simple. I also used a piglet filter in the lint hog too. I checked my vac lines for leakage once I git started and it did seem like their might of been hissing from around the lint hog but the connections were as tight as they could be so I chalked it up to that just being how it is.

Once I verify I can cut my 50 footer myself with a hacksaw or sawzall without sacrificing connections or power or something I think I will do that so I can shorten default hose runs with filter.

It was cold (44) and rainy today so maybe that made it harder to dry but like the first time I did MANY dry strokes today to get it dry. Was dry 90% in 1 hour before we left.

I shut generator and everything off after pre spraying with my inline sprayer because why let everything run for 10 minutes while it dwells and I agitate with the crb? Wondering if another sprayer might be better for most jobs for this reason. Also, to get hot water I have to fire the wand then switch to the inline sprayer to make warm/hot pre spray. Doesn't feel ideal but might be a necessary evil. Unless cold pre spray is just as good?

Also, can you keep and reuse leftover pre spray? Both times poured out a shit ton because the 100 square feet I cleaned didn't require much at all.

On the other hand I think my APO is working because when I was rolling up the APO hose water poured out of both ends. Still a little surprised that the air hog doesn't fully pump out its contents and empty itself. Maybe my expectations were too high and I guess I will have to empty it might self and rinse it occasionally to keep it clean.

If it wasn't for my wife stating how great the carpets looked and commenting that she would pay for that level of cleaning I might say Im a little underwhelmed. Dont get me wrong Im satisfied with results but its annoying when I see little flecks and bits of things in the carpet that is unmoved after my HWE. I think I expected to blast out and suck up everything with my Hot water and vacs. Also, I can't say for sure if I had a rat nasty lol my wand would cut through it like you see on youtube.

Something else I noticed was because I do many dry strokes after wet strokes I think that gives a chance for my water to cool off. I think it might be better for me to do wet strokes and a dry stroke or two to keep my water hot throughout the cleaning (for hopefully a better cleaning) and then come back for more dry strokes later. I think this is a BIG KEY to better HWE.

Over 2 hours from beginning to end to clean this tiny area. Which is a great improvement over day one but there is much room for efficiency.

I definitely need to order the hose reels and get the AutoFill and APO, and Solution line hooked up live and I think that would be a huge improvement.

Believe it or not kind of like I mentioned above making prespray is kind of like a shit show as well as cleaning out the sprayer afterwards is cumbersome. I put almost 2 scoops of black label in today and only filled my inline sprayer upon to the first line - however much that was, a quart? Its all in the van now..

**Also, today was first ever try with stain removal. My daughter spilled like a half bottle or full bottle of nail polish like 6-8 months ago so my expectations weren't very high. Upon damoing with a brush and towel there was almost no transfer. I applied a bunch of gel I have let it dwell, pre sprayed over it and almost no result after extracting. If I knew how to do carpet repair I think that is what is needed on that one.

If you made it this far you either are entertained by newbie follies or are bored and pissed you wasted the time.

Carpets look good and those are good dry times ...what is ur machine?..the more dry strokes the better of course but at the same time there is a diminishing point of returns..u want to do enough to get good times but not so many that you are overly slowly yourself down and tiring yourself out ..

I would love a wand with a clear sight on the head but I can't budget one right now..but that would help with both showing if u flushed the dirty water out thoroughly but also if ur getting most the excess water out..as in once there's no more water gushing in the sight then ur good to go...

A cheap simple temporary alternative tho might be a small 3-6" clear tube attached at the end of ur wand and then hose..

Be a pain looking back at it but it's better than nothing for awhile

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Carpets look good and those are good dry times ...what is ur machine?..the more dry strokes the better of course but at the same time there is a diminishing point of returns..u want to do enough to get good times but not so many that you are overly slowly yourself down and tiring yourself out ..

I would love a wand with a clear sight on the head but I can't budget one right now..but that would help with both showing if u flushed the dirty water out thoroughly but also if ur getting most the excess water out..as in once there's no more water gushing in the sight then ur good to go...

A cheap simple temporary alternative tho might be a small 3-6" clear tube attached at the end of ur wand and then hose..

Be a pain looking back at it but it's better than nothing for awhile
Thanks man I am using the mytee water hog and air hog with the lx motors. I also have a diesel heater for hot water and a basic 2 jet stainless steel wand.

I am very interested in a solution so I can see the flushing and flow as well.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat

I think you are on the right track. I will take some pics of my connections to improve. Please wait till tomorrow.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Thanks man I am using the mytee water hog and air hog with the lx motors. I also have a diesel heater for hot water and a basic 2 jet stainless steel wand.

I am very interested in a solution so I can see the flushing and flow as well.
A short clear tube between wand and hose is a great means to monitor however be forewarned you can wait a long time for actual clear water to come thru especially using a 360i ot Trex with brushes.
We use a Zipper and 360i both with clear tubes.
Also "stalk" Jim Davidson". The man has more knowledge of this industry than most.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
A short clear tube between wand and hose is a great means to monitor however be forewarned you can wait a long time for actual clear water to come thru especially using a 360i ot Trex with brushes.
We use a Zipper and 360i both with clear tubes.
Also "stalk" Jim Davidson". The man has more knowledge of this industry than most.
With a 360i in general or specifically when u use brushes? My 360i always flushes pretty quick..granted I don't really ever do rat nasties like a lot of you guys do so it could just be that.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
With a 360i in general or specifically when u use brushes? My 360i always flushes pretty quick..granted I don't really ever do rat nasties like a lot of you guys do so it could just be that.
Yes mostly on rat nasties and pet odor issues especially when long hair is involved. Brush really digs but on some carpets swirls MUST be groomed out ASAP otherwise you will have to rinse them out .
Slow process, I do charge more.
We have a brush head for our 175 but the 360i/brush head digs even deeper IMO.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Here is how I do my connections for minimum cfm loss. I don't like to use any hose cuffs in any type unless if the cuff came glued with the hose. I don't like those swivel cuffs they loose a lot of air. I am not operating a 47 blower I can't sacrifice any air with 2 vacs. I have these hose aluminum connectors that is easy to connect specially in cold days.

Attachments

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
Here is how I do my connections for minimum cfm loss. I don't like to use any hose cuffs in any type unless if the cuff came glued with the hose. I don't like those swivel cuffs they loose a lot of air. I am not operating a 47 blower I can't sacrifice any air with 2 vacs. I have these hose aluminum connectors that is easy to connect specially in cold days.
Is that peanut butter sealant smeared on there?

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Everything is tight and glued with no air leaks.
I was beginning to wonder if folks had a work around on the cuffs when using the lint hog.

Thank you, for sharing. Soon enough I might have to implement this strategy.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
If you guys don't mind me sharing. So, I cleaned 3 rugs for my mother yesterday. They were pretty thin, synthetic (inexpensive) and nothing fancy. I sprayed down a bunch of chems and really flushed it with the wand and they came out great! I checked the backing and to my surprise they weren't wet! I gained some confidence that I can lay down a good amount of solution and really rinse heavy if it calls for it without screwing things up or flooding, etc.

Was quite pleased.

Reactions: Fedri

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
But, when using my Mytee dry upholstery tool for the first time all was well until my vacs got really loud and then I lost all suction at the tool. I went and shut everything off, checked connections, replaced, piglet, tried putting the tool hose right to the machine (no extended vac hose) but still loud vacs and no suction.

FWIW I chose to use the air hog collection tank rather than use auto pump out. I guess I wanted to see how much water I used and recovered.

The only thing I can come up with is when the recovery tank reaches its capacity the vacs get louder but cut off to avoid over filling?

I sure hope I dint screw up my system or damage anything. I still have the air hog full of dirty water because I finished late last night.

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
When the tank gets full the float shuts off air flow so you don't suck water into the motors.

The Mytee Dry when opened up all the way can overwhelm the APO. However the tool wasn't designed to be used with the flow valve open all the way so if you're using it as designed it will never overwhelm the APO.

It's not a good idea to leave water in the recovery tank for any extended period of time. It creates a breeding ground for all sorts of ick and constant moisture in the motor is not good. At the very least you should drain the tank and leave the lid off. It's better to flush out the tank every day when you empty it, leave the lid off and the drain valve open. Motors without moisture have longer bearing life.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
When the tank gets full the float shuts off air flow so you don't suck water into the motors.

The Mytee Dry when opened up all the way can overwhelm the APO. However the tool wasn't designed to be used with the flow valve open all the way so if you're using it as designed it will never overwhelm the APO.

It's not a good idea to leave water in the recovery tank for any extended period of time. It creates a breeding ground for all sorts of ick and constant moisture in the motor is not good. At the very least you should drain the tank and leave the lid off. It's better to flush out the tank every day when you empty it, leave the lid off and the drain valve open. Motors without moisture have longer bearing life.
Very good info on vac tank maintenance and care thank you, sir. It sounds like since APO drains all water except for half inch or so it would be optimal to manually tip the machine and flush it each day and leave the lid off. I guess this wouldn't be too bad a process.

I did fire it all up today with APO on and vacs fired right up and the mytee dry had full suction so it was as you say and as I thought.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Very good info on vac tank maintenance and care thank you, sir. It sounds like since APO drains all water except for half inch or so it would be optimal to manually tip the machine and flush it each day and leave the lid off. I guess this wouldn't be too bad a process.

I did fire it all up today with APO on and vacs fired right up and the mytee dry had full suction so it was as you say and as I thought.
Short term you can add some deodorizer or bleach to the tank. Long term I use a dedicated small shop vac to remove all the wastewater.