gotcha. Cant wait to try it out again.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
No stainless steel lines lose heat very fast they work is a giant heat sink
Huh? I thought the reason to get stainless steel line is to keep your water hot and also make the line more maneuverable.

Whats the reason I would want the stainless solution line?

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Huh? I thought the reason to get stainless steel line is to keep your water hot and also make the line more maneuverable.

Whats the reason I would want the stainless solution line?
There is nothing wrong with stainless steel line it's what we've had the last since the start. It can handle the extreme pressure of power washing and excetera excetera.

But now thermal plastic is out and it is far superior when it comes to heat retention it is also a little bit better when it comes to tangles depending on who you talkin to.
also because it has a transparent coating you never have to worry about leaving marks
20190509_171337~2.jpg

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Interesting, never considered that I can cut my hoses if I need. Maybe turn one of my 50s into two 25s.

Do you think two 25's connected would lose suction (at the connection) vs. one 50?
Depends on the hose and the cuffs used. I used the flash cuffs. Sometimes they would hiss. Best fit i found was a piece of 2" stainless Same size as 2" wand tubing. It fit tight to the insides of the hose and hose barbs. I had zero leaks with that. And i used no filter. Just a knee high sock in the hose barb of the machine. I dont know if you can do that with mytees inlet or not. Always keep hose out straight as possible. So no piles of hose or it snaking back and forth. That slows down and creates drag. So youd have 50' out and once you are within 25' of the machine. Bresk hose down and continue. This also helps mangage hose and eliminates it piling up behind you.
Screenshot_20190509-171652_Gallery.jpg

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
There is nothing wrong with stainless steel line it's what we've had the last since the start. It can handle the extreme pressure of power washing and excetera excetera.

But now thermal plastic is out and it is far superior when it comes to heat retention it is also a little bit better when it comes to tangles depending on who you talkin to.
also because it has a transparent coating you never have to worry about leaving marksView attachment 84723
The plot thickens..

But why use stainless or this besides handle the pressure?
I have Goodyear (or related brand) rubber solution line hose from magic wand that Im sure can handle all the pressure I can throw at it.

Whats in it for me?

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
The plot thickens..

But why use stainless or this besides handle the pressure?
I have Goodyear (or related brand) rubber solution line hose from magic wand that Im sure can handle all the pressure I can throw at it.

Whats in it for me?
Thermal plastic has better heat retention

Goodyear Neptune isn't excellent solution line. Is rated for 3000 psi in fact I still have some.

But since I switched to thermoplastic I prefer it it holds heat much better. Is it worth switching for the new guy? Maybe after he's got some jobs under his belt.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Depends on the hose and the cuffs used. I used the flash cuffs. Sometimes they would hiss. Best fit i found was a piece of 2" stainless Same size as 2" wand tubing. It fit tight to the insides of the hose and hose barbs. I had zero leaks with that. And i used no filter. Just a knee high sock in the hose barb of the machine. I dont know if you can do that with mytees inlet or not. Always keep hose out straight as possible. So no piles of hose or it snaking back and forth. That slows down and creates drag. So youd have 50' out and once you are within 25' of the machine. Bresk hose down and continue. This also helps mangage hose and eliminates it piling up behind you.View attachment 84724
Interesting and seems to be good working idea to use the 2' tubing.

I am using the Mytee cufflynx I guess because I bought there extractor that's how I got those. They seem convenient and I think actually I remember Rob reviewed them favorably but I'll check and listen for hisses or something next time im running.

And, Im not too sure when the lint hog filter comes in to play considering Ill most likely pick up big debris and pre vac most things. But if I do use the lint hog and try to keep hose runs 50' and under it would make sense to have two 25's just to have the filter after the first 25.

Regarding Mytee, they ship the air hog with a package of their piglet filters which is basically like pantyhose you put over the vac inlet hole to the extractor. I think that's what you are talking about and I did use that yesterday and it was covered in lint and other small things for sure.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater

I am using the Mytee cufflynx I guess because I bought there extractor that's how I got those. They seem convenient and I think actually I remember Rob reviewed them favorably but I'll check and listen for hisses or something next time im running.

And, Im not too sure when the lint hog filter comes in to play considering Ill most likely pick up big debris and pre vac most things. But if I do use the lint hog and try to keep hose runs 50' and under it would make sense to have two 25's just to have the filter after the first 25.

Regarding Mytee, they ship the air hog with a package of their piglet filters which is basically like pantyhose you put over the vac inlet hole to the extractor. I think that's what you are talking about and I did use that yesterday and it was covered in lint and other small things for sure.
I like mytee cufflinks!!! And piglet filters are awesome!!

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Thermal plastic has better heat retention

Goodyear Neptune isn't excellent solution line. Is rated for 3000 psi in fact I still have some.

But since I switched to thermoplastic I prefer it it holds heat much better. Is it worth switching for the new guy? Maybe after he's got some jobs under his belt.
Goodyear (whatever Neptune is) is excellent or isn't excellent solution line?

Fair enough new guy not switching just yet but why the stainless line you and Anderson are recommending. I don't know if I see the 'why' behind it at this point??

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I like mytee cufflinks!!! And piglet filters are awesome!!
What about the lint hog? Like I said - if im picking up debris and pre vacuuming when does that come into play? Or is it overkill?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States

They reduce the amount of crap your pumout screen needs to filter. Believe me even after good vacuming theres still plenty of hair and fuzz lol.

Reactions: Ymetimme

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
They reduce the amount of crap your pumout screen needs to filter. Believe me even after good vacuming theres still plenty of hair and fuzz lol.
Are you talking about piglets and/or the lint hog?

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
You need to use those piglet sock filters or else you're pump out will clogged

No you do not need do you use lint hog to
Gotcha.

Crazy, because before I bought the lint hog I thought a lot of people were talking about how they are necessary and everything. But unless your sucking up rocks I don't know if I see it.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
You need to use those piglet sock filters or else you're pump out will clogged

No you do not need do you use lint hog to
And, do you use just one piglet on the extractor or also between the wand and hose, etc?

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Goodyear (whatever Neptune is) is excellent or isn't excellent solution line?

Fair enough new guy not switching just yet but why the stainless line you and Anderson are recommending. I don't know if I see the 'why' behind it at this point??
No Good year makes an excellent solution line its product line is Neptune.

So my test of 50 ft of Goodyear line loses 10 to 20 degrees more than thermal plastic at 150 ft thermal plastic loses far less Heat.

Reactions: Select

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I'm going to make a few suggestions. Let your motors get 16+ hours on them to break in, it makes a difference in performance. Don't use any cuff's, hose to either 2" barb or internal 2" pipe to join sections together like keep it clean shown above. Don't worry about heat over 150° at the wand, once you get to that point you WILL not see SIGNIFICANT returns especially if you are using good chems. Keep asking questions and use the search function here, lots of good info here even if it's old.