How many of you use Acid for grout on most jobs? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

How many of you use Acid for grout on most jobs?

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
When i first started 10 yyears ago, we always cleaned with alkaline, then cleaned with acid. Every sq ft. Most jobs look really nice with just groutmaster now. Even ones that still look a little dark, i usually do not follow up with acid. Do ya'll think acid is a necessary step?

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
When i first started 10 yyears ago, we always cleaned with alkaline, then cleaned with acid. Every sq ft. Most jobs look really nice with just groutmaster now. Even ones that still look a little dark, i usually do not follow up with acid. Do ya'll think acid is a necessary step?
I use acid in bathrooms where the soils are less likely to be oil or grease based.
GM everywhere else.
If there's a stubborn area I will spot clean with an acid.
Sometimes it fixes it.
Same with a line of grout that doesn't seem to have been touched by GM.

Reactions: Scott W

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
I do not suggest acid for all grout. Just for bathrooms with urine deposits, soap scum or where there are hard water deposits. A few rare jobs where stains are really bad. A quality alkaline cleaner is all that is needed for most jobs.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
I'm starting to do more tile. I did a job today with GM and let dwell for at least 15 minutes. I don't get very consistent results over all when I do tile. How do you handle jobs that have uneven applied sealer? I come across stains that don't budge. I don't carry an acid cleaner for grout but should I?

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
I'm starting to do more tile. I did a job today with GM and let dwell for at least 15 minutes. I don't get very consistent results over all when I do tile. How do you handle jobs that have uneven applied sealer? I come across stains that don't budge. I don't carry an acid cleaner for grout but should I?
I would at least carry it in the van. I use Viper Renew. I posted this because I was at a job yesterday, in a housing division that has all the same tiles in each home. For some reason, this grout just didn't look great, no idea why. I used acid on about 85% of it and it looked brand new. It took me a lot of extra time but was well worth it. I agree with Scott though, Typicall not gonna need it except bathrooms.

Reactions: Scott W

Latest posts