How many of you have a great helper? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

How many of you have a great helper?

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
My helper has been with me since about November of 2015. As some of you might already know, I fell and cracked my skull. Fortunately there was not much between the ears in terms of gray matter so the stuff that leaked out really didn't make much difference :eek:, however, I has left me with balance issues and unable to work for the last couple of weeks.

I didn't know how I would be able to keep the business running. That is where a great helper comes in. The dude stepped up his game and has really been a lifesaver for my business. He has just jumped in and taken over and done a great job. He is working by himself because the guy I hired that was supposed to be his helper quit after about 3 hours. It didn't phase my guy. He just sent me a text message and told me not to worry and that he had it under control.

How many of you have someone like that?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I wish I did.

I have my daughter as a summer helper right now but once school starts back up that ends.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
I have an employee, I am not going to say he is great but at least he can walk and chew gum at the same time.
I tell ya, it is hard to find folks that can do even that much and then they want to be paid $20 per hour but they couldn't find their butt with both hands.

Reactions: chubby

vladimir

Apr 3, 2011
palmdale ca.
Real Name
Dennis azenon
Business Location
United States
My wife has been working with me the last 10 jobs she is great help
1 she vacuums
2 she pre sprays
3 she agitates
4 she places and moves the fans
5 as I am cleaning 1 room she is prepping the next room
6 the most important thing she Does is make the homeowner comfortable specially cause it's woman at home when we are cleaning now I have to teach her how to use the Rotavac and I can sit on my but all day lol

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I tell ya, it is hard to find folks that can do even that much and then they want to be paid $20 per hour but they couldn't find their butt with both hands.
He always complains about his pay and I always remind him that I am still doing 75% of the work, he just doesnt get it. He is the type that would rather hope overtime kicks in instead of working harder and proving he deserves a raise.

Reactions: Superior contract

longkenn

May 7, 2011
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
My wife used to help me. But when I hired the helper she really appreciated it. She is actually slightly better as a helper then the current one, but he hasn't been doing the job as long as she has. She was great at working on stains, prepping rooms, and doing all that stuff while I did the heavier stuff. My new helper is really coming along and these two weeks that he has been working alone is probably making hm even better.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
It looks like I might be out for at least another week. I have turned into a sofa jockey. Been home from the hospital for a week. I just wonder how much a week in the neuroscience ward is going to cost me. LOL Three or 4 doctors at a time would pop into the room. One would talk and the others would just stand there and smile as they collected their fee for visiting me.

Good thing I had a good helper.

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
@Joe cool has a great helper , lol.

I have 3 helpers. All with good attitude. Real important to me.

Reactions: chubby

longkenn

May 7, 2011
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
Gotta give a shout out to my BNI group as well. Today I had a job that was about 30 miles out. I have been unable to drive and my helper needed someone to drive our truck to the job so he could do the work. My helper has not had a U.S. driver's license long enough to have my insurance company comfortable with covering him on the liability insurance. So, in stepped my BNI team. One of them volunteered to drive. He even helped do a little of the cleaning!

Feeling blessed! Feeling better! Another week and I hope to at least be able to drive.

vladimir

Apr 3, 2011
palmdale ca.
Real Name
Dennis azenon
Business Location
United States
@Artie thanks for the advise very helpful and I wasn't ass nervous ass I thought I was going to be thank you

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
@Artie thanks for the advise very helpful and I wasn't ass nervous ass I thought I was going to be thank you
Told you dude

Hey every s.o.b. who is bad azz now, once was whack. I don't care who you are.
We all learn day by day , task by task

Reactions: vladimir