How many carpet cleaners also do autos?

Discussion in 'Auto Detailing Forum' started by wandwizard, Oct 2, 2016.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. jtsunbrite

Premium VIP

Sep 4, 2015
    Male
    Houston, Texas
    Ratings:
    +4,289 / 11 / -0
    amen to that,theres nothing easy about doing autos unless its new

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Kyle8

Kyle8 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Ratings:
    +621 / 9 / -0
    I have for 16 years and love it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SteamKleenToronto

SteamKleenToronto New Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Male
    Carpet Cleaning
    Toronto
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I do auto cleaning. I usually use my truck mount. I use DFC 105 Never had problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MikeGaure

Premium VIP

Nov 23, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5,121 / 19 / -0
    Nope way to hot here! And I'm way to fat to enjoy it :eek::D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Thunder

Thunder New Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I clean vehicle interior too most I did we're not to bad did some customers car after cleaning their house while I was still there , those are the best as I am already there and set up. One time a neighbor asked me to remove a stain from his brand new Truck floor and got his place a few days later on top.
    However sometimes vehicles don't pay a lot but you get lots of times a nice job and new clients out of it.
    People talk a lot too :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. kellyon

kellyon New Member

Jul 25, 2017
    Female
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I also use truck mount and don't have any regrets.

7. jtsunbrite

Premium VIP

Sep 4, 2015
    Male
    Houston, Texas
    Ratings:
    +4,289 / 11 / -0
    I cant make more cleaning houses, yall can have the auto work

8. wandwizard

wandwizard Randy Dockins
    Premium VIP

Nov 12, 2008
    Male
    carpet and upholstery cleaning.
    Ratings:
    +4,647 / 14 / -0
    Autos are pretty time consuming. I'm trying to do some things differently to see if I can both improve the work and do it faster w/o killing myself in the process. I did two last week, but I did something different that I'd never done before. I used an encapsulant shampoo applied with a horsehair brush. I still followed with extraction, but the job seemed to go quicker and easier. The horse hair brush did the application fine, but I think I might could find something that would be even quicker. The brush as a bit slow. Still everything came out great. I mainly use Releasit Encap-Hydrox this time. Seemed to work well. One mixed up gallon did both cars easy.

9. ACP

ACP Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Male
    Washington
    Ratings:
    +1,244 / 6 / -0
    The only way auto detailing is worth it is if your a high end service that removes seats completely to get all crevices, very time consuming but you charge like 300+ per vehicle

10. JD5150

JD5150 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Ratings:
    +1,549 / 5 / -0
    We did autos years ago but now refer them to a local detail shop.

We considered hiring an employee to do them here at our location with a high powered portable but the insurance is super expensive. Being mobile our insurance stays the same as it is now but not worth the hassle. Rather stand up straight and clean carpets. Autos are back breaking work and hard on the knees.

11. Mama Fen

Mama Fen Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,490 / 0 / -0
    I've got multiple auto guys here, and quite a few of them do it on the side to supplement their carpet cleaning. And just like carpet cleaning, you've got to resist the pressure of "oh, so-n-so is cheaper" and charge what your time is worth.

Auto detailing takes some time because of the (oddly enough) detail work involved, lol, but if you can overcome foul odors, especially cigarette smoke, you can charge a substantial amount for odor control and make quite a profit.

Some guys here target rental companies, specifically to get cigarette odor out, and charge upwards of $400 for tobacco removal. The car is essentially useless to the rental company if it smells nasty, so it's a captive market.

• Like Like x 1
  12. maidsway

maidsway New Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If they do offer that services then they will do it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. NofxJohnson

NofxJohnson Active Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +129 / 2 / -0
    Sorry, just saw the thread. Wish I didn't. Hard to clean, never looks good, and hard to pre price.

14. NofxJohnson

NofxJohnson Active Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +129 / 2 / -0
    Feel the same about boats and RVs too, ugh.

15. Wayne Thompson

Aug 27, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Do not do autos or boats, only do the main floor in RV,s. Make way more per hour if I just stay away from all of these. Can make double in a day not doing these with a lot less back pain.

16. Carlo Pro

Carlo Pro Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +848 / 0 / -0
    I hate clean cars.
    I have the phone number of a car wash detail, those guys charge $100 buck full cleaning inside and out.
    No way I clean an interior seats and floor for less than $200 so go with those guys.