How long will a Machine and Van last ? forever ?

leofry

Feb 12, 2009
bardstown kentucky
Real Name
john rogers
How long will a Machine any machine but mine is a prochem peak with 3000 hours and a Van with 165000 miles last ?

i know its kind of a guess but consider its maintenance when its is supposed to and very well taking care of.

for the last few years I've been dying to buy a new van and a new machine but i had an awaking., That's a lot of money and the biggest reason i started this business was for freedom and deft takes that away in my mind ...

Also keep in mind am not that kinda of company that works from morning to night

So lets keep to the 2 questions how long will a van and a machine last if you take very very good care of it and if you fix whats broke and do pre maintenance

mikevee

Jul 31, 2015
Real Name
micheal villones
How long will a Machine any machine but mine is a prochem peak with 3000 hours and a Van with 165000 miles last ?

i know its kind of a guess but consider its maintenance when its is supposed to and very well taking care of.

for the last few years I've been dying to buy a new van and a new machine but i had an awaking., That's a lot of money and the biggest reason i started this business was for freedom and deft takes that away in my mind ...

Also keep in mind am not that kinda of company that works from morning to night

So lets keep to the 2 questions how long will a van and a machine last if you take very very good care of it and if you fix whats broke and do pre maintenance
I have 6k hours on my machine. I know there are a couple guys on here with over 10k hours. Machine will usually need new engine every 3k hours or so but blowers can last forever and so can pumps.

Reactions: Tcoulter and leofry
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Nothing will last forever but if you take care of your equipment it can last a very long time but you will end uo spending money keeping it up so you can continue using it. There comes a point we must make a decision if replacing makes more sense than to keep repairing and also things become outdated and old and don't give the professional look we desire.

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
There is a big difference in how long a machine will last between all the TM's. The engine is the weak point in most smaller TM's. The air cooled engines just don't last as long as the water cooled machines. Then if you jump up to a kubota or nissan engine, they will last forever, give or take a week.

keep the waste tank from over filling and keep good filters before the blower and your blower will go the distance as well.

Water pumps will develop leaks if heat is not maintained correctly. an occasional rebuild will extend that life.

Maintenance is key with everything.

Managing down time is the sole purpose behind following mfg recommend scheduled maintenance schedules. change older items out before they have a chance to break. i.e. belts, hoses, engine tune ups, waste tank filters.

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
My slide-in is over 30 years old and still performs like a new one. Every part can be replaced. It Is on the forth engine which now has 3200 hrs. on it, the original Cat pump, the second Roots #45 blower, and the third LP heater (which is now 12 years and has a new coil).

A van can last a long time. If you are in a climate where the weather takes it's toll on the van, it can rust out before it wears out.

When the van becomes a headache, either constant mechanical issues, or a bad appearance, it is time to get a newer one. Notice I didn't say a NEW one, but a newer. one.

I am installing my 30+ year old machine in an older but clean low mileage van. I have a 2002 Ford E-250 with 26,000 original miles that I bought for $4500. It will have a new fresh tank and refurbished waste tank, and re-painted hose reels.

The more money you don't have to put out means the more money that you get to keep without raising prices or having to do additional work.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
So far, the service record for most hours on an original TM machine is over 50,000 on a still-running HydraMaster 318. Obviously it has had replacement parts put in as things broke down, but that happens with cars, dishwashers, anything powered that has moving parts.

Proper maintenance and cleaning will not only extend the life of the machine, but will keep it looking better too and hence help to keep you looking more professional.

Reactions: leofry

leofry

Feb 12, 2009
bardstown kentucky
Real Name
john rogers
My slide-in is over 30 years old and still performs like a new one. Every part can be replaced. It Is on the forth engine which now has 3200 hrs. on it, the original Cat pump, the second Roots #45 blower, and the third LP heater (which is now 12 years and has a new coil).

A van can last a long time. If you are in a climate where the weather takes it's toll on the van, it can rust out before it wears out.

When the van becomes a headache, either constant mechanical issues, or a bad appearance, it is time to get a newer one. Notice I didn't say a NEW one, but a newer. one.

I am installing my 30+ year old machine in an older but clean low mileage van. I have a 2002 Ford E-250 with 26,000 original miles that I bought for $4500. It will have a new fresh tank and refurbished waste tank, and re-painted hose reels.

The more money you don't have to put out means the more money that you get to keep without raising prices or having to do additional work.
Love this answer lol

leofry

Feb 12, 2009
bardstown kentucky
Real Name
john rogers
So far, the service record for most hours on an original TM machine is over 50,000 on a still-running HydraMaster 318. Obviously it has had replacement parts put in as things broke down, but that happens with cars, dishwashers, anything powered that has moving parts.

Proper maintenance and cleaning will not only extend the life of the machine, but will keep it looking better too and hence help to keep you looking more professional.
Love this answer also

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
It is my experience with vans ...and infor from mechanics
The engine and transmission will go out oround 175k...some may last 200k
The van I am replacing has 245,000 on the motor (Ford straight 6 - 300 CID motor. This motor has been known to go 500,000 miles with no major repair). The tranny was overhauled at 116,000, and is still going strong.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
The van I am replacing has 245,000 on the motor (Ford straight 6 - 300 CID motor. This motor has been known to go 500,000 miles with no major repair). The tranny was overhauled at 116,000, and is still going strong.

That is an awesome motor right there. Runs for ever. Had one in f150 stick. 1st gear could pull a house.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Real Name
MARCUS ANDERSON
Business Location
United States
the truckmount could last 50 years but parts will need to be replaced
aircolled engines last 3000 hours....depends on mainteneance and RPM's
water cooled engines last 5000 hours
Blowers will last 5000 hours?????
pumps???? need to be fixed with new parts.... around 2000-3000 hrs
all of my aircooled engines went our between 2000- 3000 hours....
but I ran them full throttle3600 rpm and now run them between 2800-3000 rpm with a larger pulley and larger engine

Reactions: Bob Savage

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
prochem user here. I usually sell my TMs just before 10,000 hours because the repairs to both the van and TM after that more than offset the cost of a new TM. Never replaced an engine or blower, water pumps at 5000 hours.

I agree that new TM and van cost $ but look at it this way, if your machine is down for a day or two in the busy season, what does that cost you?

As a sidenote, just replaced two HP heat exchangers and water pump on my Apex at 7500 hours so that is an unusually killer year for repairs but I'm good to go for another 3 years at least before I sell it.