How long does mixed presray last? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

How long does mixed presray last?

cleanercarpetsleeds

Sep 28, 2020
Real Name
Chris Walker
I'm a massive fan of the chemicals from TMF, especially Bio 10K and Black Label.

My question to you all, is how long does mixed prespray last in the inline sprayer tank? Should you make a fresh tank every job? Or will it last a few days?

Thank you.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I like the same two products.

What I do is mix up a quart of Matrix Grand Slam to 5 gallons water and add 1 cup of Citrus Force and stir. I put that in the hydroforce along with two extra jugs in the van. That is my VLS prespray (very light soil)

If the job requires a little extra punch, then I add Black Label to the Hydroforce and shake.
If the job requires even more then I add BL and Bio Pro.
If its extreme (not too often) then in goes BL, Bio Pro a bit of Groutmaster

So I mix as needed. what evers left is used the next day.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Most presprays are fine for days, the big exception being any with a peroxide boost. The prespray will still be good the next day but the peroxide will have lost it’s effectiveness. Think of peroxides like a soda and how once opened it will go flat over a short time period.

True Pro

Jan 21, 2014
MA.
Real Name
Gilles LeBlanc
Business Location
United States
I'll use what's left over the following day. I just add fresh product to it to help it out.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Good points above. Couple days are fine. Few days add a scoop to refresh it.

Point to keep in mind. It’s a good idea to run 4-1 vs 8-1. Using it at 4-1 leaves little or no prespray behind. One container mix usually does one home with no left over. The two advantages are no wasted product and second you mix some jobs differently depending on soil level and type.

Reactions: Thewy