How industry politics work & how it affects you! (Video) | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

How industry politics work & how it affects you! (Video)

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Know how “industry politics” work. You think you have variety and freedom of choice? Think again. I wish someone would have told me this 40 years ago. Did you know how the mills, schools, social media (+influencers) and distributors are closely aligned affecting your buying decisions? Did you know they try to bully you into what you will learn, machines to use & chemistry to clean with through schools, forums and social media (+influencers)? Neither did I at first. Who knows where I'd be today if I did. Hopefully it will help you.

4 Tier Monopoly
Mills-Testing Institutes-Schools
Big Corp (1 Bully)-Big Corp-Big Corp
Forums (1 Bully)-Social Media-Social Media influencers
Corporate Stores-Independents

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Interesting and a very controversial topic by Rob.

After 48 years in this industry believe me, I could dedicate more than several chapters to what (I believe Rob is alluting to) I have seen and witnessed! There's an old saying , "money talks, and............walks".

Enough said.

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Interesting and a very controversial topic by Rob.

After 48 years in this industry believe me, I could dedicate more than several chapters to what (I believe Rob is alluting to) I have seen and witnessed! There's an old saying , "money talks, and............walks".

Enough said.

Ed I did an 18 min video breaking it all down into detail but not sure if I should share it. Might be too controversial. Should I post it here?

Reactions: SRD

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Honestly I dont get shaken by the politics in this industry.
Although Ill be hated on for saying this, I dont hate the IICRC, and I dont believe in the trash people talk about them cause the IICRC have not trained me, I repeat they have not trained me. Real instructors (which are insturctors) that are or have successful businesses have trained me. Thats why im so shocked the Rob isnt an instructor. He has experience, and really seems to understand chemistry, science, value education and is NOT ignorant, Rob is a wonderful guy, truly is.
Anyhow please forgive me for getting sidetracked.

I dont let the industry politics define who I am.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Ed I did an 18 min video breaking it all down into detail but not sure if I should share it. Might be too controversial. Should I post it here?
Post it up, fudge em if they dont like it.

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Rob;

You are in a better position to do it than myself because some would judge us as a competitor rather than spilling the "inter-weaving's" of who gets what, who pays who, and who would sell their mother down the river for a buck..............................so to speak. I have seen "alot" of things go down over the years and the Professors didn't teach us that stuff in Business 101 !!!!

That will be dedicated to chapter 13 !

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
It is really hard to be successful long term if you do not create a win for your company, a win for distributors, and a win for the cleaner. I know that politics are in our industry, but I have been able to ignore and focus on making winning formulas since 2001. Of course, my aim has never been to be an industry leader, but to do my job well. This allows me to fly under the radar. I am not discounting Rob's observations, but there are many good people in all parts of our industry whose main focus is doing a good job and serving their customers. and not participating in the politics of the industry.