Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Many say they “hate cleaning upholstery/furniture”. I say “raise your prices till you love it”. Try it, it works!

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
I actually stopped cleaning upholstery because I hated the mess and strain of the bulky upholstery tools. After using the mytee jet-less, trigger less upholstery tool I started to take and upsell upholstery jobs and loved it. I upgraded to the SS tool last year and love it.

Aussie Bob

Jun 16, 2013
Real Name
Aussie Bob
I actually stopped cleaning upholstery because I hated the mess and strain of the bulky upholstery tools. After using the mytee jet-less, trigger less upholstery tool I started to take and upsell upholstery jobs and loved it. I upgraded to the SS tool last year and love it.
Is the SS tool trigger less?
My Hydramaster DM3 tool is getting too old

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
Is the SS tool trigger less?
My Hydramaster DM3 tool is getting too old

Not triggerless
Has a trigger underneath like a standard old school stainless uph tool. There is a slider which locks the trigger on so it’s useable with a portable and TM
It’s a great tool!

I have the myteedry tool also
To use it’s the best
The thumb flow control valve is superior, the SS remote flow setup get caught up while working and I find the flow wheel too sensitive and changes on the fly by itself. I had to restrict mine with duct tape
The ergonomics of the myteedry are better- it’s shorter and puts less strain on your wrist is easier to wield in your hand. The flow control at your thumb allows you to overspray solution/flood and shut off your flow to extract only.

But the quality leaves a lot to be desired
They addressed this first with updated plastic shells. The two plastic clam shells that make up the body would flex/warp and the brass nutserts would crack and the whole thing fell apart
Lucky the tool operates under vacuum which holds it together with a layer of duct tape it still performed great, although looked shit!
They apparently have released a plastic shell and aluminium shell version. But would I risk paying money buying another version...no
Would I like to try the metal version of the mytee dry for free, sure would!!!

The final thing which is probably the straw...
The metal glide
It doesn’t warp like the plastic housings
And it has sharp edges that get exposed/protrude or are exposed through poor tooling and fitment that can cut fabric / damage piping / shave velvet etc

If they made a plastic glide
Or made the metal glide with blunt edges it might be worth putting up with the duct tape, until then SS gets the gig

If the mytee didn’t fall apart
Had a non cutting glide
And had a lockable trigger
It couldn’t be beaten

Or if the SS was shorter and had the same flow thumb control as the mytee it couldn’t be beaten either

Aussie Bob

Jun 16, 2013
Real Name
Aussie Bob
Not triggerless
Has a trigger underneath like a standard old school stainless uph tool. There is a slider which locks the trigger on so it’s useable with a portable and TM
It’s a great tool!

I have the myteedry tool also
To use it’s the best
The thumb flow control valve is superior, the SS remote flow setup get caught up while working and I find the flow wheel too sensitive and changes on the fly by itself. I had to restrict mine with duct tape
The ergonomics of the myteedry are better- it’s shorter and puts less strain on your wrist is easier to wield in your hand. The flow control at your thumb allows you to overspray solution/flood and shut off your flow to extract only.

But the quality leaves a lot to be desired
They addressed this first with updated plastic shells. The two plastic clam shells that make up the body would flex/warp and the brass nutserts would crack and the whole thing fell apart
Lucky the tool operates under vacuum which holds it together with a layer of duct tape it still performed great, although looked shit!
They apparently have released a plastic shell and aluminium shell version. But would I risk paying money buying another version...no
Would I like to try the metal version of the mytee dry for free, sure would!!!

The final thing which is probably the straw...
The metal glide
It doesn’t warp like the plastic housings
And it has sharp edges that get exposed/protrude or are exposed through poor tooling and fitment that can cut fabric / damage piping / shave velvet etc

If they made a plastic glide
Or made the metal glide with blunt edges it might be worth putting up with the duct tape, until then SS gets the gig

If the mytee didn’t fall apart
Had a non cutting glide
And had a lockable trigger
It couldn’t be beaten

Or if the SS was shorter and had the same flow thumb control as the mytee it couldn’t be beaten either
Thanks mate, great feedback.
I love the Hydramaster DM3 tool, I'll just buy another one when it's time to replace it. I thought the SS was a much better tool, now I know

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
Thanks mate, great feedback.
I love the Hydramaster DM3 tool, I'll just buy another one when it's time to replace it. I thought the SS was a much better tool, now I know

Used a drimaster
SS is better IMO specially piping corners and edges
The metal glides on the drimaster always worried me with buttons etc. that’s just a worry though...
Can move faster with the SS
Don’t have to be quite so precise with it
See if you can demo/borrow one for a job

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
agree, the SS tool changed the way I think about cleaning upholstery. Did wish the dial would stay in place but duct tape might work!

Being so sensitive It needed a click detent or something...flow would almost stop on the most minor cord hangup
I taped it up and over the top doing an all day job in frustration and left it there
I can now semi adjust it
I’m going to have to reMacguyver my duct tape
Going around the shaft is probably the better option for resistance haha

Aussie Bob

Jun 16, 2013
Real Name
Aussie Bob
Used a drimaster
SS is better IMO specially piping corners and edges
The metal glides on the drimaster always worried me with buttons etc. that’s just a worry though...
Can move faster with the SS
Don’t have to be quite so precise with it
See if you can demo/borrow one for a job
I've never had any issues with the metal glides, the SS sounds good but not worth the hassle if I have to use duct tape to make it work

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
lol was just kidding about the duct tape. I always adjust the pressure valve prior to turning the solution valve on. Once the solution valve is on, it kinda holds the pressure valve in place plus it has the plastic cover. I do test it each time I connect the solution line.

Only once in an all day upholstery cleaning job did I notice that the valve adjusted itself.

But if thats what makes you not interested in the SS tool, fine. just continue searching for the absolutely perfect upholstery tool.

just sayin.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke