Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Well right wingers are very anal about their taxes and I've never ever seen that before, you can discount the credit card charge if you'd like but not the service.
We are anal about NOT wanting to pay more taxes than what is Fair...that is why true Conservatives push for the fair tax initiative.

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
98% checks, 1% cash, 1% credit cards.

sleepy smurf

Jul 25, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Natalino Smeralda
When I first started it was almost always cash and check in the day. Times have changed. I find less are paying cash. More are paying with credit cards than ever. How are your client mostly pay? Mine are credit cards. Yours?

70% credit cards
29% checks
5% cash

Rob

PS:If I want or need spending cash for the day when they ask how do you want to get paid I just say well cash is still king. I don't carry cash and if I need it for something odd this works. ;)
That comes to 104%

Reactions: Cara

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Reactions: Cara

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
60% Checks
15% cash
25% credit cards.

Cash is always good. I like checks next because in Illinois if it bounces: I just hand it over to the states attorney and they collect for me.
Credit cards are least liked by me because if a custy decides they don't like my services or whatever, they can complain to the cc company and my money gets held up. It's only happened a couple of times in my career but it's a pain when it does.

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
When I first started it was almost always cash and check in the day. Times have changed. I find less are paying cash. More are paying with credit cards than ever. How are your client mostly pay? Mine are credit cards. Yours?

70% credit cards
25% checks
5% cash

Rob

PS:If I want or need spending cash for the day when they ask how do you want to get paid I just say well cash is still king. I don't carry cash and if I need it for something odd this works. ;)
Mainly check. Credit card next and cash. We also take food payments. We have and elderly Italian lady that pays with Stromboli's. She also gives a $20 tip. She had been with us since my husband learn to carpet clean. When her husband died it got a little tough so we tried to offer her free but she wanted to trade instead. Best stronbolis!!!

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
The vast majority of my customers are 45 and up. Just how I like it and they pay check and cash.

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Cheques are very much welcomed with me as well as Visa/MC.
And of course we take cash!!!
We have PST ( Provincial Sales tax) @ 8% and GST ( Goods and Service Tax ) @ 5%.
Tack on 13% tax ...... on our service YIKES!!!!
Get alot of custy's wanting to pay cash to avoid the TAX.
They aren't expecting ( well most) a better deal if they pay cash , only want to avoid paying 13% tax on bill.
Needless to say we have somewhat of what we call " An Underground Economy" up here in Canada when it comes to residential work .
Some people just don't need a bill!
Revenue Canada ( The Feds) aren't stupid .
They atuomatically know in the service industry and doing residential that you should be collecting at least 15-20% of payment in CASH.
NOT wise to file showing NO cash transactions.
The Fed and Prov Gov't want that sales tax!!!
Down in the US with those states that don't have sales tax on your service must be nice!!!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Surprised how many pay with checks. I hardly ever get a check anymore.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Reactions: Dust-Go

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
That's why I'm not a fan of the Republican Party, even though I'm a conservative.
They involve themselves in trivial endeavors that have little merit and are un winnable battles.
I agree. They need to stop getting bogged down in the social stuff and just focus on financials and OUR security. That said even though I consider myself independent and fiscally conservative I registered as a Republican. I know statewide and nationally (in CT) its futile but locally there are some cities/towns that are Republican run. It always amazes me how anyone can vote Democratic anything given how out there they are. Everything they touch goes broke.

Last edited:

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
That has to be one of the stupidest things I've heard in a long time. There is NOTHING unethical about giving ANYONE a discount for ANY reason. My Business - My Rules. Oh....And I guess I would be considered a "Right Winger". Have another glass of Kool-Aid.
Lol I really struck a nerve there huh Richy? I really don't give a shit what you do with your business, I'm more concerned as to what your customers think about what you are doing and the collective perspective that they have in our industry.

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
I wonder if you're okay about the 10,000,000 ILLEGALS that are NOT paying taxes AND.....Getting FREE STUFF from people like me that DO pay taxes. Geeeez.
If I'm not ok with you guys giving customers a discount for paying cash, do you really think I'm ok if 10m illegal not pay taxes? Do the math grandpa. Who is more likely to be ok with that? Me or Oscar? You really don't think things through huh?

Btw you have absolutely no clue as to if illegals are paying taxes or not.

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
Surprised how many pay with checks. I hardly ever get a check anymore.
That is because you're all teched out with your tablets and that there GPS. Electronic invoices make me automatically think of my debit card rather than cash. If I have a receipt in my hand I pay in cash. Electronically it goes on the card.

Reactions: Ed Cruz

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Lol I really struck a nerve there huh Richy? I really don't give a shit what you do with your business, I'm more concerned as to what your customers think about what you are doing and the collective perspective that they have in our industry.
Boy-O-Boy-O-Boy.....There's stupid.....And then there's you. I too don't give a rotted rats left nut about your twisted, panty waisted thoughts. You are completely clueless as to how I conduct my business and what my customers perception is about me, my business and how I conduct it. Not that I need to assure you of a fudgeing thing Joey, because I don't like you and I don't need you, however common sense must prevail. I wouldn't be in this business for over 35 years and helping/mentoring other cleaners for 30 years if I operated in a matter in which you are accusing me of, nor do I do anything that would be considered unethical, or illegal. That's not my style. Furthermore, along with my spotless, 35 year career in this industry, I also have over 20 spotless years in law enforcement. Here's a tip for you Joey.....When you find yourself constantly stepping on your dick..... stop walking.

Reactions: mendo83 and MPR

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Boy-O-Boy-O-Boy.....There's stupid.....And then there's you. I too don't give a rotted rats left nut about your twisted, panty waisted thoughts. You are completely clueless as to how I conduct my business and what my customers perception is about me, my business and how I conduct it. Not that I need to assure you of a fudgeing thing Joey, because I don't like you and I don't need you, however common sense must prevail. I wouldn't be in this business for over 35 years and helping/mentoring other cleaners for 30 years if I operated in a matter in which you are accusing me of, nor do I do anything that would be considered unethical, or illegal. That's not my style. Furthermore, along with my spotless, 35 year career in this industry, I also have over 20 spotless years in law enforcement. Here's a tip for you Joey.....When you find yourself constantly stepping on your dick..... stop walking.
^^^

This is what I see when talking about right wingers @Prosteam-sonomacounty @ColoradoCleaner.

I guess the saying is right, ethics are just an opinion, subjective at best.