Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Forget about the grout that whole floor needs the sealer removed and redone.
Does not seem like sealer...when you scrarch the surface it rolls like wax...anyhow i am walking from this one. Told my bud save the 3k i would charge and get new flooring.

Last edited:

alexus

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2014
Real Name
Aleksandr Davidov
I would definitely go to acid. If you are cleaning tile on a regular basis you need to keep some tile acid in the truck. 95% of the time the acid will not be needed but when you run into the job like you had today it can be a life saver.

You don't necessarily need to use acid on the whole floor. I keep a dedicated pump sprayer with acid in it as well as a spray bottle. Sometimes you only need acid in front of the sink or stove, sometimes the whole floor will need it.

Just be careful not to get any acid overspray on any stainless steel because it will instantly stain it. Also make sure it's not a stone floor, test by putting a drop of acid on a tile (not the grout) in the corner, if the acid fizzes up then do not use acid on that floor.

Todd ,
What acid cleaner you use. I just finish tile job and I not happy about result .

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Reactions: alexus

alexus

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2014
Real Name
Aleksandr Davidov
I use Viper 2.

I use oxyblaster
faa4ad9a31d37995a5084e0ff3602e39.jpg

Tile look a lot better but not perfect , we scrub with crb and orbot
1c7d03f81a43381ec1d57d434dd81d00.jpg
1b186cc18faedd7581e639272a6ebaec.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: wandwizard

alexus

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2014
Real Name
Aleksandr Davidov
I guess the Oxiblaster normally works fine though right? I'm wondering if an old heavy 175 with a pretty aggressive brush might of made a difference?

I have 175 but not the brush , I have only few tile jobs and I try 3 deferent chem ( tilemaster , oxyblaster , Procyon ) and still looking for the best
Next one would be groutmaster

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I use oxyblaster
faa4ad9a31d37995a5084e0ff3602e39.jpg

Tile look a lot better but not perfect , we scrub with crb and orbot
1c7d03f81a43381ec1d57d434dd81d00.jpg
1b186cc18faedd7581e639272a6ebaec.jpg
Oxyblaster is an alkaline similar to Groutmaster. Viper 2 is an acid that you would use when oxyblaster doesn't work.

Reactions: Scott W

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I have a question. If dirt is already acidic why would you use an acid if an alkaline is not working 100 percent? Why Wouldn't you want to just choose a different alkaline chemical?
Not all contaminants are acidic. You do want to use an alkaline cleaner first for sure to remove as much if the oily soils from the grout as possible. 95% of the time a good alkaline cleaner will be all you need but when alkaline doesn't work this is when you move on to acid.

Moving from one alkaline cleaner to another will most likely make very little difference.

Reactions: B14

B14

Aug 26, 2014
investincleanfloors.com
Real Name
Bry
Not all contaminants are acidic. You do want to use an alkaline cleaner first for sure to remove as much if the oily soils from the grout as possible. 95% of the time a good alkaline cleaner will be all you need but when alkaline doesn't work this is when you move on to acid.

Moving from one alkaline cleaner to another will most likely make very little difference.

Gotcha. Just one last question. So say I'm doing a tile job. Groutmaster didn't cut it. Do I lay the acid rinse prespray down through a sprayer or do I run it through the solution line via the truckmount? And can it hurt anything if I lay down groutmaster prespray and rinse with acid through the solution line at the same time?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Gotcha. Just one last question. So say I'm doing a tile job. Groutmaster didn't cut it. Do I lay the acid rinse prespray down through a sprayer or do I run it through the solution line via the truckmount? And can it hurt anything if I lay down groutmaster prespray and rinse with acid through the solution line at the same time?
Just use clear water when doing tile to help minimize the risk of leaving a haze behind.

I use a pump sprayer when applying acid. Keep it low pressure. Make sure you don't get any acid on any stainless steel appliances and keep it away from walls and carpet too. I usually stay a couple inches away from the edges when using acid. Sometimes you need to use acid on the whole floor and sometimes you will only need it in a small area. The most common areas you will need it are by the sink or stove in the kitchen and in bathrooms.

One other thing, you can not use acid on stone floors. The acid will etch the stone and then you will be paying $4 a sq ft to have the stone refinished. When using acid the first thing you want to do is test the tile and make sure it's not acid sensitive. Go to a tile in a corner and put one drop of acid on a tile (not the grout) and see if the acid fizzes up on the tile. If it does fiz up then do not use any acid on that floor.

Reactions: alexus and B14

B14

Aug 26, 2014
investincleanfloors.com
Real Name
Bry
Just use clear water when doing tile to help minimize the risk of leaving a haze behind.

I use a pump sprayer when applying acid. Keep it low pressure. Make sure you don't get any acid on any stainless steel appliances and keep it away from walls and carpet too. I usually stay a couple inches away from the edges when using acid. Sometimes you need to use acid on the whole floor and sometimes you will only need it in a small area. The most common areas you will need it are by the sink or stove in the kitchen and in bathrooms.

One other thing, you can not use acid on stone floors. The acid will etch the stone and then you will be paying $4 a sq ft to have the stone refinished. When using acid the first thing you want to do is test the tile and make sure it's not acid sensitive. Go to a tile in a corner and put one drop of acid on a tile (not the grout) and see if the acid fizzes up on the tile. If it does fiz up then do not use any acid on that floor.

Thanks so much