Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Heck with the stair tool ! Tell me more about the Judson C4 !
One with a heat exchanger or propane ? Propane fired engine ?
Judson is the only TM I am interested in and the toughest TM to find used.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Count the risers, NOT the treads, for a total. There will always be one more riser than there are treads.

We charge $3 per riser (step), and hand clean the bullnose, as the bullnose is usually the most soiled area you will have to clean.

This good till you run across floating stairs. Now what? :)

By the way, you're all a bunch of hacks. I do the stairs for free.

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
On second thought, I'll clean the nose by hand with a white towel, because of the time it will take to do the steps twice - once with the stair tool, and once with the nose tool.

The hand cleaning does a very thorough job with no chance of over-spray, and no second time going down the steps to clean that nose, or not having to keep disconnecting one tool for the other.

$200 for that thing is also a little pricy, but I can see why - they don't sell enough of them to sell them for less.

nicky3176

Jan 31, 2011
michigan
Real Name
nicholas argue
Business Location
United States
I just did 3 floors of stairs last weekend in 5 different buildings with 2 sets of stairwells per building @ $2/stair. Worst experience of my life. I'm normally at $3/stair but figured that for the quantity I would give a discount. Next time I'm not giving a discount.

Also, if I had to use that nosing tool I would still be cleaning those stairs.

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: Wec and owenscott

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
I thought you guys were talking about the ICE show in winter down there. Sorry to disappoint, I wont be there in Sept.

OK, PINOSAN. Let me make this clear. Yes a regular stair tool should work fine on all stairs. that wasnt my point. Matt said it wasnt needed. My point was sometimes other tools are needed. NOW, Take a small buffer ad a beige pad for scrubbing rat nasty stairs and now all the sudden you will get the stairs cleaner than just your ugly ass 24 year old stair tool alone was ever capable of, now add another specialty tool for large protruding noses that the stair tool cannot transition up very well. Now you will clean them better. SO, let me get this straight..........on rat nasty stairs ( lets make them cheap poly) you are going to get them cleaner with your old ugly ass stair tool alone, than I will by scrubbing and agitating, then going to a tool that sucks right to the nose and extracts ( rather than your hack spray and suck method), then 3rd, I go over the stairs with my stair tool?
I think any reasonable person that understands the dynamics of carpet cleaning will know that added steps and better tools will clean a carpet better. It doesnt have to be me that cleans it, anybody competing against you with these added steps will out clean you. but keep up the macho "I can out-clean you with only my 24 year old stair tool game". I dont even have to do a comparison side by side with you. Its common sense what method would clean better.
That being said, I dont use this method on all stairs as its not needed on all stairs, but when it is, I have the tools necessary rather than just telling my client, "thats as good as I can get it" . to each his own.;) I dont back down either, especially when I am right.
and that is your problem my friend. Just because I choose not to use a tool that resulted useless, at least to me, does not mean I don't do a good job or take the extra steps needed to wow mi clients and I don't have tools that can substitute the ones that fail miserably when I put them to use. Just so you know every step I clean in every single scenario regardless of conditions of the carpet, take a deep gentle scrub with my CRB. yes Sr. my CRB; that will suspend all soils from deep into the carpet on the nose and the only thing that I need to do is rinse it very well with my stair tool which is not cheap but not top of the line either. If I keep on using a tool that is 24 years old it is not because I can't afford to buy another better one it is because I'm so used to it's performance that to me, it is irreplaceable. there may or may not be better ones but I'm used to that one and it stays with me until it does not work any more. While in all your comments you suggest that nobody does a better job than you because you decide to use so many extra steps I just challenge you to understand and to see for yourself that your method is not the only one that will wow clients. If not in September let's do this in January I love this type of challenges for educational purposes not to give you or come back to LA with black eyes and gain enemies rather than friends. Your assumptions and derogatory comments are what makes people, in this case me, upset. Last but no least, I will out clean you with my two steps process no doubt about it. The best that you can do is probably provide similar or equal results you know why? there is only so much soils to be removed on any given carpet Once all of those, and I mean all, are removed there is nothing that can make the carpet better. Now you see why your method cannot be the only effective one? If I were you, instead of assuming things and insulting people, I would ask how or why this person thinks different than me and start a learning / teaching conversation rather then suggesting they are hacks. If you want to keep this a pissing contest go right ahead I'll be here.

Last edited:
Reactions: matt30577

Mike Draper

Jul 19, 2011
Ut
Real Name
Mike Draper
Business Location
United States
Crb is a great tool. I have one, have had one for many years, I use it in conjunction with a high flow TI wand and pretty much all 2.5" hose with a fuel fired burner that will sustain 240 at the wand. unfortunately it won't out clean the HOSS, not even close. It's a good tool though and has its place. You gonna use the CRB on stairs? How are you gonna out clean me if I use the same combo as you? What if I use the HOSS since I know it cleans better because I have one? I'm just trying to outdo your cockiness by being more cocky. Is it working? Do you honestly think I'm gonna bring my truck to Vegas for a trade show and go take time out to go clean some stairs? I'm just getting you razzed up. I would rather hang with carpet cleaners and bs. I'm sure you can clean stairs just fine. Maybe as good as me? Maybe.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Crb is a great tool. I have one, have had one for many years, I use it in conjunction with a high flow TI wand and pretty much all 2.5" hose with a fuel fired burner that will sustain 240 at the wand. unfortunately it won't out clean the HOSS, not even close. It's a good tool though and has its place. You gonna use the CRB on stairs? How are you gonna out clean me if I use the same combo as you? What if I use the HOSS since I know it cleans better because I have one? I'm just trying to outdo your cockiness by being more cocky. Is it working? Do you honestly think I'm gonna bring my truck to Vegas for a trade show and go take time out to go clean some stairs? I'm just getting you razzed up. I would rather hang with carpet cleaners and bs. I'm sure you can clean stairs just fine. Maybe as good as me? Maybe.
None can fix stupid that is for sure. I challenge you again, show me how to use a hoss on stairs I will show you how to use a CRB on stairs and specially noses. when I say I do it that is because I do it not because I want to show off like you or make non sense comparisons. Don't bring your tuck I will provide you one and all that you need just post on here the list I will make it happen. And don't forget to bring you hoss to show us how to use it on stairs.

You keep on coming up as a dick no matter what people tell you. All I can tell for what you write on here is that you are an idiot who thinks he knows and in reality you know nothing my friend nothing. I will be in Vegas both days and there will be plenty of dirty carpet to prove your points.

Mike Draper

Jul 19, 2011
Ut
Real Name
Mike Draper
Business Location
United States
Lol. I can tell your pissed. Calm down. This should all be in good stride. Your upset at me calling someone a hack but your not being a good example by using more derogatory name calling. I'll try and use your advice that you have already forgotten. I'll try and be more positive and a good example by not name calling.