Jack

Oct 4, 2012
Washington
www.criticalcarpetcare.com
Real Name
Jack Jones
Business Location
United States
I recently bought a case of Matrix Grand Slam because I've heard a lot of good about it, but I'm not sure how to mix it. I have a Hydro-Force sprayer that I can dial whatever ratio I want. Should I put it in the Hydro-Force undiluted and dial it to the desired mixture or?

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
Shake it well, its thick. Cant help you with the hydro, but if you mix in a battery or pumpup, its 4-6 oz to one gallon. I like to add citrisolve to it.

Last edited:

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Like Matt said or you can cut it in half with water and run 16-1. The stuff is really thick. And like Omar says, shake it well!

Reactions: Surface Masters

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I put 1 gallon of Matrix into an empty Hydroforce container because it holds just over 1 gallon so you can shake it better. Then I put 4 gallons water in a "pickle pail" which is about 6 gallons. Shake the Hydroforce container which holds the Matrix well and put 1 quart into the 4 gallons water. I add 10 ounces of Citrus Force to boost. then stir. I add that mixture to my Hydroforce which does not have the adjustable ratio feature.

NOTE that I use a CRB so the dilution is a lot less than on the label but you don't really need it as I am relying on agitation and it gets the carpet clean and rinses well.

I don't dilute it more to save money, its just that I don't need a lot of chems to get the carpet clean because of the CRB and clientele I serve

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I recently bought a case of Matrix Grand Slam because I've heard a lot of good about it, but I'm not sure how to mix it. I have a Hydro-Force sprayer that I can dial whatever ratio I want. Should I put it in the Hydro-Force undiluted and dial it to the desired mixture or?
I suggest setting your sprayer at 1:8 and mix according to directions. With a 1:8 sprayer I normally mix 1.5 qts. and the rest water. That gives you about 11 gallons of prespray. The directions say you can mix up to 2.5 qts. in a 1:8 Hydroforce which is supposed to be the equivalent of 6 oz. per gallon. Personally I don't think it's necessary to put that much in and often you can get by with less than even the 1.5 qts. I normally mix about the same amount each time, but if I'm doing a job that I know is lightly soiled I may use less.

Right now I'm using a Hydroforce 1:4 which gives me about 6.5 gallons using a 5 qt. container. I just put enough in there to make that many gallons. It's the simplest way to do it I think. I don't recommend putting the Grand Slam undiluted directly into the Hydro-force. It's too thick and I don't think it will meter correctly. I always shake the gallon up really well before putting any into the Hydroforce. Some presprays can be put directly into the Hydroforce and metered with the dial. Grand Slam is not one of them. I'm pretty sure if you call https://shop.truckmountforums.com they will tell you the same. If a prespray is much thicker than water it will not meter correctly. Grand Slam is very thick and concentrated.

Last edited:

Jack

Oct 4, 2012
Washington
www.criticalcarpetcare.com
Real Name
Jack Jones
Business Location
United States
I suggest setting your sprayer at 1:8 and mix according to directions. With a 1:8 sprayer I normally mix 1.5 qts. and the rest water. That gives you about 11 gallons of prespray. The directions say you can mix up to 2.5 qts. in a 1:8 Hydroforce which is supposed to be the equivalent of 6 oz. per gallon. Personally I don't think it's necessary to put that much in and often you can get by with less than even the 1.5 qts. I normally mix about the same amount each time, but if I'm doing a job that I know is lightly soiled I may use less.

Right now I'm using a Hydroforce 1:4 which gives me about 6.5 gallons using a 5 qt. container. I just put enough in there to make that many gallons. It's the simplest way to do it I think. I don't recommend putting the Grand Slam undiluted directly into the Hydro-force. It's too thick and I don't think it will meter correctly. I always shake the gallon up really well before putting any into the Hydroforce. Some presprays can be put directly into the Hydroforce and metered with the dial. Grand Slam is not one of them. I'm pretty sure if you call https://shop.truckmountforums.com they will tell you the same. If a prespray is much thicker than water it will not meter correctly. Grand Slam is very thick and concentrated.
I used it for the first time yesterday and I took Rob's suggestion and used equal parts water and GS and metered at 16:1. Worked awesome. Can't tell if it meters correctly for sure. I'll have to do some experimenting. Seems like because of the thickness it would use less and not more, but we'll see.

Jeff Marek

Aug 24, 2012
Real Name
Jeff Marek
Business Location
United States
1.5 quarts in a 5 quart hydroforce sprayer set at 1:8 fill with hot water and spray evenly. I've found that 10mins of dwell time gives me the best results. Rinse with matrix fiber rinse and be amazed!!

Reactions: rob allen

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I used it for the first time yesterday and I took Rob's suggestion and used equal parts water and GS and metered at 16:1. Worked awesome. Can't tell if it meters correctly for sure. I'll have to do some experimenting. Seems like because of the thickness it would use less and not more, but we'll see.
There is a limit as to how thick you can use something in a Hydroforce, but you should be fine doing it the way you are provided your sprayer is accurate. If something is too thick it either will use less meaning you're not getting enough or it may stop drawing all together. This is especially true with some powders that get too thick in a Hydroforce. I have one that I have to use it in a 1:4 cause it's gets way too thick for even 1:8. Those sprayers are supposed to spray things that are about the same viscosity as water and every thing I've read on them says they're tested at 400 psi. I've done some of my own testing and found 1:8 and 1:4 to be near dead accurate at 400 psi provided the sprayer is in good condition. I like to stay within about 300 to 500 psi when using mine with 400 most often. Going way above or below that does throw off the metering accuracy some.

There is a way I use to test a sprayer to see if it's putting out accurately. If you're interested I'll post it or link to where I've already posted it before. It's really not that complicated, but I'd want to know how much that thing is putting out if I were you.

hurricanecc

Nov 21, 2013

I'm going to try this out. I've been using a 1:32 tip with no dilution and it still seems to foam up the hose when I'm extracting. I'll see if there's a difference for whatever reason.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
in my top 5 of worst pre sprays ive ever used

too thick, wayyyy too foamy, I can name plenty of powders that out clean it, not that healthy of a product to use, doesnt mix well with boosters, etc etc

plus butyl, no thanks

if you have foaming problems with any product or job your doing just squirt some diluted downy fabric softner in your hose, it will coat the inside of your vac line and waste tank and kill all the foam before it builds up

but why even use a pre spray that needs that all the time

Last edited:

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
I put 1 gallon of Matrix into an empty Hydroforce container because it holds just over 1 gallon so you can shake it better. Then I put 4 gallons water in a "pickle pail" which is about 6 gallons. Shake the Hydroforce container which holds the Matrix well and put 1 quart into the 4 gallons water. I add 10 ounces of Citrus Force to boost. then stir. I add that mixture to my Hydroforce which does not have the adjustable ratio feature.

NOTE that I use a CRB so the dilution is a lot less than on the label but you don't really need it as I am relying on agitation and it gets the carpet clean and rinses well.

I don't dilute it more to save money, its just that I don't need a lot of chems to get the carpet clean because of the CRB and clientele I serve
Are you still using matrix grand slam?

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
yes, and dilute as I said above. This dilution is good for lightly soiled carpet.

For carpet with more soil, I add one scoop of Black Label Sweet Breeze. For highly soiled carpet I add one scoop of Bio Pro 10K to the Grand Slam/Black Label mix. I dont get into trashed carpet too often but was thinking of picking up a bucket of Rat Nasty to boost it even more when I do