How do you handle filters being clogged multiple times on the same job?? Performer 405

johnny916

Sep 26, 2010
CA
Real Name
John A
Business Location
United States
I did a 4 bedroom job today and halfway through my suction got weak.
I checked the inline filter and it was moderately clogged so I unclogged it and got suction again.

However, only 15 minutes later my suction went back down. Checked the inline filter again and it was ok. I'm assuming it must now be the filters in the tank, will check tomorrow.

The carpets were vacuumed prior to me cleaning, it's just that the amount of suction from a truck mount pulls so much more out than a reg vacuum cleaner..

How do you guys deal with this??

Pat Carroll

Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2008
www.uscarpetcare.us
Real Name
Pat Carroll
Business Location
United States
I agree, that usually happens when you have excessive amounts of detergent that you are trying to extract. It happens every time I try to clean up a liquid laundry detergent spill. I deal with it by dumping a cup of defoamer in the vac hose. Sometimes I have to add more depending on how much is in the carpet.

T

TheEyeball

I actually did see a large amount of foam when emptying the inliine filter..

Yes, and from the myriad threads you've started recently it sounds like your chemical injection system could be on the fritz. Maybe you're whipping the carpet into a froth with too much chemical product if that bad boy is malfunctioning.

spotman123

Jan 3, 2010
new york
Real Name
spot man
Business Location
United States
Try lowering your chemical meter to 2-3, that might help also. Defoamer comes dry or liquid. If you are not getting a lot of crap in your basket and loosing suction it could be foam as mentioned by others. check the filters inside the waste tank, keep them clean. spotman