How do you get House Call Pro to stop texting you?

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
How do you get House Call Pro to stop texting you? I've seen them stop when someone posts a thread like this. Usually they threaten them with a lawsuit but it seems to work. So can you guys please stop texting me now. Thank you

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
How do you get House Call Pro to stop texting you? I've seen them stop when someone posts a thread like this. Usually they threaten them with a lawsuit but it seems to work. So can you guys please stop texting me now. Thank you
I just told them that I use a Windows phone. They dropped me like a hot potato. Their platform doesn't work with windows phones.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I just told them that I use a Windows phone. They dropped me like a hot potato. Their platform doesn't work with windows phones.
They will not leave me alone. I may have to do something to get them to stop. :)

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Ever heard Tom Mabe's "Revenge on the Telemarketers"...? Must-listen stuff.
I'm going to have to look this Tom Mabe's "Revenge on the Telemarketers" up. :)

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
The best one is "Poo in car", but the most pertinent one is the cold-calling carpet cleaner who gets asked about cleaning blood out of a carpet...

I heard the one where the phone salesman calls and the guy acts like he's a cop at a murder scene. LOL

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Honestly John if TMF wasn’t aligned with HCP you would have really enjoyed it and taken your business to another level.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Honestly John if TMF wasn’t aligned with HCP you would have really enjoyed it and taken your business to another level.

Actually Rob you are wrong, again. My opinion of House Call Pro went down the toilet the moment they were asked some questions, and they refused to answer. Basically they were doing damage control. At that time I was a staff member/ moderator here on TMF, and still in good standing with you Rob. At that time I had the ability see that HCP was not only online here on TMF, but reading the happenings on the thread they were being crucified on. HCP of course responded that they were calling it a night and logging off. But the whole time they were reading what was going on, and dodging, and delaying , a response. It was right there and then I lost any trust in them.

I had no idea you and HCP were in bed with each other back then until you asked me asked me to leave HCP alone, just as you asked me to leave Rotovac, and Amtex Equipment and other's alone as they were paid advertisers or past advertisers you had hoped to woo back to TMF. This is why I resigned being a TMF moderator. I didn't realize that accepting your request that I become one ment I would have to give up my freedom of speech. I like things in my life much better now. I'm just a simple small time carpet cleaner. I don't sell classes, equipment, advertising, chemicals, dvd's, or even Scotchguard. I just clean carpets.

Maybe this is why so many people believe me when I say what I say. I have nothing to gain from it unlike you Rob. I just call it like I see it. Have a goodnight everyone.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I see both sides of the coin in this instance.

If we crucified every start up or product when it first came out, nothing would ever be sold.

Things become refined and improved over time usually.

Human beings also have very quick judgmental perceptions, so sometimes it truly is better to withhold information because it can be perceived the wrong way.

I actually lost a job the other day because a lady asked me if we apply Scotchgard. I said yes it is an optional application. At which point she said to me, well how can you advertise yourself as a Green Company if you're using Scotchgard?

She makes a valid point except we are always honest about the fact it is an OPTIONAL treatment. I'm also not a chemist and I have to simply trust the EPA

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Actually Rob you are wrong, again. My opinion of House Call Pro went down the toilet the moment they were asked some questions, and they refused to answer. Basically they were doing damage control. At that time I was a staff member/ moderator here on TMF, and still in good standing with you Rob. At that time I had the ability see that HCP was not only online here on TMF, but reading the happenings on the thread they were being crucified on. HCP of course responded that they were calling it a night and logging off. But the whole time they were reading what was going on, and dodging, and delaying , a response. It was right there and then I lost any trust in them.

I had no idea you and HCP were in bed with each other back then until you asked me asked me to leave HCP alone, just as you asked me to leave Rotovac, and Amtex Equipment and other's alone as they were paid advertisers or past advertisers you had hoped to woo back to TMF. This is why I resigned being a TMF moderator. I didn't realize that accepting your request that I become one ment I would have to give up my freedom of speech. I like things in my life much better now. I'm just a simple small time carpet cleaner. I don't sell classes, equipment, advertising, chemicals, dvd's, or even Scotchguard. I just clean carpets.

Maybe this is why so many people believe me when I say what I say. I have nothing to gain from it unlike you Rob. I just call it like I see it. Have a goodnight everyone.
You are a good guy Johnny but you have a tendency to take some things out of context. You never were in "bad standing". That was just your perspective. We always treated you with dignity, respect and even helped you with your business. I never said "leave any business alone", I simply stated be fair and not handle it off the cuff". It is easy to get emotionally charged when we "feel" things aren't right. There are always two sides to a story and sometimes it takes time to see the whole picture. All I asked of admins and moderators is to be fair.

Think about it. All the companies you mentioned above still thrive and are quite successful. Did they make mistakes? Have I? Have we all? Absolutely. Fortunately a business, or even a person for that matter, is not judged on a few dealings vs an overall decades long industry dealings. Even you and all of us for that matter cannot make every client 100% happy. Things just go awry at times. That is true in business and life. You win some and you lose some. Key is to win more than you lose.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
You are a good guy Johnny but you have a tendency to take some things out of context. You never were in "bad standing". That was just your perspective. We always treated you with dignity, respect and even helped you with your business. I never said "leave any business alone", I simply stated be fair and not handle it off the cuff". It is easy to get emotionally charged when we "feel" thing aren't right. There are always two sides to a story and sometimes it takes time to see the whole picture. All I asked of admins and moderators is to be fair.

Think about it. All the companies you mentioned above still thrive and are quite successful. Did they make mistakes? Have I? Have we all? Absolutely. Fortunately a business, or even a person for that matter, is not judged on a few dealing vs an overall decades long industry dealings. Even you and all of us for that matter cannot make every client 100% happy. Things just go away at times. That is true in business and life. You win some and you lose some. Key is to win more than you lose.

Well I can't argue with that.

Reactions: rob allen