How do I remove this from tile?

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
10,348
2,963
113
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1429643389.776915.jpg


Outside, by pool. Could have been pool chemicals. Custy doesn't know for sure.

Acid?
 

Harry Mullett

Premium VIP
Dec 29, 2009
4,073
1,303
113
Idaho
Real Name
John Bunn
Business Location
United States
I have heard a lot about a product called Cal Clean for removing calcium build up and pool chemical problems. I have a gal to try out but have not had time yet.

Give these guys a call as they are distributors.

http://www.superiorcleaningsolutions.com/category-s/1855.htm

Better act quick as the link may not stay up for long. :wacky:
 
  • Like
Reactions: aloha one

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
10,348
2,963
113
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Does the feel, texture, smell give any clue as to what this may be?
Doesn't feel any different than the rest of the tile. Custy said that's where some pool chems sat for a while. But not sure if that is the cause. It is in a high traffic pattern in between the pool and the door. Maybe from wet feet....
 

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
16,373
7,020
113
69
West Jordan, UT
Testing a few cleaners may give you the answer. If it is oils from feet, any good high alkaline cleaner should get it off. If that does not work, I would try an acid side cleaner such as Viper Renew and if that was not the answer then try an oxidizer such as StainZONE or Stain Magic.
 

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
10,348
2,963
113
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Testing a few cleaners may give you the answer. If it is oils from feet, any good high alkaline cleaner should get it off. If that does not work, I would try an acid side cleaner such as Viper Renew and if that was not the answer then try an oxidizer such as StainZONE or Stain Magic.
I gotta try the acid. High ph did not touch it.
 

Harry Mullett

Premium VIP
Dec 29, 2009
4,073
1,303
113
Idaho
Real Name
John Bunn
Business Location
United States
I gotta try the acid. High ph did not touch it.

Try the Cal stuff. I bet it is calcium build up from water evaporating after puddling. Acid probably will not touch it because the customer has probably already tried that with some do it yourself home depot products.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Gasoline