How do I get rid from the Carpet Odor which sustained the Water Damage? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

How do I get rid from the Carpet Odor which sustained the Water Damage?

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I love the ETES, but one needs to make sure that it is installed correctly. One of my guys didn't apply the speed of evaporation when he floated a large multi-room carpet with it. He had 2 DH's installed which would have been fine under normal circumstances but it kicked the humidity up to 75% @ 100 degrees in 8hr's.

We don't use them anywhere near as much as I would like simply because 80% of the places are occupied at the time and most people aren't interested in paying their deductibles to move out (most of my work is strata work). This somewhat limits my usage to only jobs where dehumidifiers can't keep the high temp.
75% humidity at a 100 degrees he's a rough scenario.
If all you're doing is pushing around wet air it's hard to dry anything!!!
I don't care who you are and how much you brag about how fast you can dry something we're limited to the outside environment especially when the customer wants to be in their house

Elina

Jul 15, 2019
Real Name
Elina Binget
  1. Find the source of the odor.
  2. Remove the source of the odor.
Generally if there is odor following water damage restoration something is still wet. Find what is wet and either remove it or get it clean and dry.

Ventilation with fresh air can get old odors out of the air.

Vaportek or Hydrocide are some options to put the finishing touches on a job after steps 1 and 2.
I agree with you.
Water damage is main causes of Carpet odor. So firstly we need to remove the main source of SPAM LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR

Last edited by a moderator:

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
Rule of thumb from doing insurance claims. If it squishes, it gets ripped out. Insurance will pay to replace it, why try to save it. 99% of the time I have ZERO trouble getting any all flooring replaced. Forget drying it out. Yes, dry out walls if not too wet, but honestly if the drywall is soggy we get paid to rip it out, rip out insulation and start from scratch....if a customer is wanting bunches of dry out equipment it is usually because they want to keep some insurance money. Which we don't allow. Sign our contract and we go by xactimate 100% . If it says rip out, that's what we do. We're the general contractor and all monetary decisions and/or deviations from insurance approval go through me.