www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
So I just talked to a customer who's couch I will be cleaning today. When I booked it I was toldbit was a cloth type couch. Now im told its leather. Maybe its a micro fiber. I dont know. But if I get there and its leather, should I pass? Or clean it as normal?

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
If it is leather, how do I clean it. I'll pick up the chems before I go.

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
If it is leather, how do I clean it. I'll pick up the chems before I go.
I might be wrong but I thinl leather kind of requires experience and knowledge...:)
interlink sells a bridgepoint leather cleaning kit... only certain types of leather can be cleaned anyway... if I understand it correctly you can only clean shiny types of leather... there is risk of changing the color of the leather and leather dye bleeds like crazy... I wouldnt touch it without first knowing what the hell im doing...

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
Cleaning leather is fairly simple...but you still need the proper techniques and products. It can be somewhat frightful though when you see marks appear that weren't visible before you started.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
If it's real suede, don't touch it. Microfiber can be cleaned like normal, quite aggressively actually. If it's a finished leather (shiny) I like Chemspecs leather cleaner and conditioner. Quite easy to use.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Micro-fiber is sometimes mistakenly called leather. It is not natural but is man-made to look like suede. Clean as normal.

There are 3 types of leather. The most common is protected leather which has a clear plastic-like protective layer. It can be rather easily cleaned with leather cleaner. There is also aniline and nubuck leather that require a little training.

I can email you my basic leather cleaning guide. Send an email to stores.csr@bridgewatercorp.net

You can also see videos of leather cleaning on-line through the training section of www.interlink supply.com.

The Hydro-Force Leather cleaning kit covers about 85% of all leather situations. Sometimes you need a few special items from Leather Master.
Leather kit - http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=CL03H

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
If it's real suede, don't touch it. Microfiber can be cleaned like normal, quite aggressively actually. If it's a finished leather (shiny) I like Chemspecs leather cleaner and conditioner. Quite easy to use.
Todd's right. Don't touch swede. You clean it. You buy it.
Most proper leather is pretty cleanable with a good leather cleaner/conditioner. Apply, agitate with soft brush and wipe clean.
If finish is compromised, I'd walk from real leather too.
Have the client send text you a close up of the fabric.
If it has zippers, it's probably microfiber

Reactions: Nomad74

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
The most important aspect of cleaning the leather that is cleanable is learning how to do a proper dog and pony show.

Cause at $40-50ish dollars a cushion, you need to make it look look there is some brain surgery going on.

Reactions: Nomad74

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Cleaning leather is fairly simple...but you still need the proper techniques and products. It can be somewhat frightful though when you see marks appear that weren't visible before you started.

I agree.

Cleaning leather is really not difficult. Get one of the cleaning kits in a bucket from interlink
Charge 350-475 depending on size.

Hows your dragon doing Damon

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
I just finished the job and am heading home. This job was 86 miles one way. I Didn't Have to clean the couch. Did over $900 today.

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
This was the view I had of Mt. Shasta behind my van today.
1424149426880.jpg

Reactions: Scott W