How do I attract, interview and hire the right people for the job? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

How do I attract, interview and hire the right people for the job?

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
I am sorely lacking in this department. I need to figure out how to get the right people to work for me, can you help?

It seems like I falter in the interview process and end up with a possessed demon instead of the person I interviewed. Not sure what I am doing wrong other then handing out a common sense quiz at the beginning of every interview.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
I am sorely lacking in this department. I need to figure out how to get the right people to work for me, can you help?

It seems like I falter in the interview process and end up with a possessed demon instead of the person I interviewed. Not sure what I am doing wrong other then handing out a common sense quiz at the beginning of every interview.
You are not alone, I almost got my ass kicked when interviewing.

My super star helper believes that my biz does not run without him so he calls when he wants and usually not available. (he changed though) I think the honey moon period passed already.

I have not called him to work and I wont until he calls then I'll give him the good news; I need the uniforms and tools back.

god bless the welfare system and the ridiculous labor laws

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States

The million dolla question..I don't know anyone that has mastered that with the Work Pool nowadays.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
The million dolla question..I don't know anyone that has mastered that with the Work Pool nowadays.
For as long as the government continues to tell them not to worry the taxpayers will make sure their kids will have housing food on the table education medical and dental care, This people will continue to get even lazier.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
The million dollar question..I don't know anyone that has mastered that with the Work Pool nowadays.
A certified technician with over 25 years of experience could not answer three simple questions in a quiz; yet, he thought that an average of $15 to $18 Hr up to $30 Hr in most days was not a salary he would work for. He demanded $50K salary or else I was to find someone else.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
A certified technician with over 25 years of experience could not answer three simple questions in a quiz; yet, he thought that an average of $15 to $18 Hr up to $30 Hr in most days was not a salary he would work for. He demanded $50K salary or else I was to find someone else.
I've hired the type..Bad habits & not worth shit!

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I actually answered an ad on CL when I lost my jobs. Started averaging $35/hr for appliance guy was getting paid piece rate. But I had to quit he was the one doing shady stuff lol
Like a said..Felons & Rapist..which one or both were YOU? lol:p:p:p

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
I've hired the type..Bad habits & not worth shit!
You know what the worse p[art of this story is bro!

He called me like 6 weeks after and said he would consider working for me if I was still looking for someone. lol

I said I will keep you in mind of course. but just let me ask you, can you describe an oxidizer and how if benefits in the cleaning process?

He still did not know. Certified master technician

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
You know what the worse p[art of this story is bro!

He called me like 6 weeks after and said he would consider working for me if I was still looking for someone. lol

I said I will keep you in mind of course. but just let me ask you, can you describe an oxidizer and how if benefits in the cleaning process?

He still did not know. Certified master technician
Says a lot about those classes eh?

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
Ask plenty of questions to find out about what they know about cleaning. Then call their previous employer. Many will not tell you much for fear of being sued. However, if you keep asking the right questions, then you might be able to find out more about them.

Reactions: Mike Krall

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Ask plenty of questions to find out about what they know about cleaning. Then call their previous employer. Many will not tell you much for fear of being sued. However, if you keep asking the right questions, then you might be able to find out more about them.
Nice in Theory...always a Crap Shoot regardless of what they say or know. Your right by law they can only comment on start date,position and end date. Not sure about salary but anything else duragatory will get them sued.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I was such a "nice guy" in my early 20's
I was taken in one time for a full weekend.

the only and last time!
Now your weekends are occupied at the Strip Bars.... Or is that only in Vegas?:rolleyes::p
Nice guys finish Last!