How did you come up with your business name? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

How did you come up with your business name?

Adam Valencia

Dec 23, 2016
Real Name
Adam V.
Mine was Dyna-Clean when I started in 1985. I read the verse in the Good Book that said the creator is dynamic in power. After selling my first 5 truck company in 1993 I restarted the year after my non-compete ended. I went with Drynclean for 2 reasons. One is had same ring as my first Company. Second,I focused on getting carpets dry and clean before I left. How about you?

Reactions: Cully

Adam Valencia

Dec 23, 2016
Real Name
Adam V.
The sun is a dwarf star emblematic of light, life, and heat. Gold has also been emblematic of the sun and is one of the greater treasures to be attained by man. On a third note, most can remember when they were in grade school, receiving a gold star for a job well done on their works, so this title may chime in to the subconscious mind as well as selling itself to the consumer over the competition.

dallasmaids

Nov 6, 2017
Real Name
Greg Shepard
I chose Dallas Maids because I needed a name that would get me business. And back in 2004, the keywords in the domain name (more so then than now) helped the website rise in the rankings. Since "Dallas" and "Maids" were two keywords I wanted to rank for, www.dallasmaids.com was the obvious choice.

It worked because within two weeks we were ranking on the first page of Google. However this was 14 years ago. Today the competition is more sophisticated and ranking so fast would not nearly be as easy.

MWCCredit

Mar 28, 2018
www.midwestcorporatecredit.com
Real Name
Daniel Sitler
always find myself struggling on coming up with cool names for my projects. It seems like every name I could humanly perceive is taken by some established brand/startup.

A great resource I've found for coming up with a name is [I am Spamming]

Check it out

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rory henderson

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I looked in the thesaurus for a synonym to 'Premium' and came up with Select.

From there, SELECTcarpetclean.com domain was available and not registered in PA so then it was born.

Reactions: Scott W

shawnwatson23

Jul 17, 2019
Real Name
Shawn Watson
I used a business name generator to come up with a few ideas. Then I tweaked the suggestions from there. Just google business name generator. There are quite a few on the internet.

Reactions: rob allen
Aug 4, 2019
Real Name
Warren Clark
All those years ago it just popped into my head. Dynamik Carpet Cleaning. I do regret not doing something shorter. Think about oxifresh. It's a cool name that is so catchy you don't forget.