How did you come up with your business name? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

How did you come up with your business name?

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
My story of how I chose my company name is probably the most boring of them all. Like Scott, many people knew me, liked me and liked my work and work ethic, so rather than come up with a "Name", I just figured there would be no mistaking who they would be calling.... so I just used my full name and attached Carpet, Rug & Fabric Cleaning to it. No law suit worries neither. ;)

Reactions: keep it clean

MPR

Mar 10, 2014
Illinois
Real Name
Mike Raimer
Business Location
United States
I did a lot of research when attempting to name the business. I have always thought in several directions and like words that have multiple meanings. Probably not the best choice because many people do not see the context that I had in mind. Most of the research I did said not to use your name or people would expect to see you on the truck and also not to have carpet in the name so as to not limit the services you offer. I chose Sensibly Clean Services trying to play on the theme of common sense ( both the definition as well as the book by Ben Franklin which was to play on words). No other name seemed to fit so we went with it.

BioSteam

What a Joke !!!
May 20, 2014
Lexington
Real Name
Jason J Calcaterra
Business Location
United States
Well you have people that come up with a no thought name like ProSteam

Reactions: mexiclean

cwill

Nov 26, 2014
NC
Real Name
Chris Williams
Business Location
United States
Get Bright Cleaning.

Didn't want carpet in the name, probably help at first but tried to think long term and who knows where this ride will take me.

It was one of only names i googled and no one had. Anywhere, not just in my state. Getting hard to find .com domains as well.

Plus i figured whatever you want cleaned whether its carpet, tile, side of your house, driveway, garage floor, or your kitchen sink. You'll want it bright?

aworxllc

Nov 14, 2013
Naples, Florida
www.advantageworx.com
Real Name
Shane Southerland
Business Location
United States
Get Bright Cleaning.

Didn't want carpet in the name, probably help at first but tried to think long term and who knows where this ride will take me.

It was one of only names i googled and no one had. Anywhere, not just in my state. Getting hard to find .com domains as well.

Plus i figured whatever you want cleaned whether its carpet, tile, side of your house, driveway, garage floor, or your kitchen sink. You'll want it bright?
Right along with you! Advantage Worx - no carpet in the name, we do the worx! Weather it be carpet cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, pressure cleaning, roof cleaning, handyman jobs, stone surface refinishing and sealing, we do it all! Well, I do anyway! I used the word advantage so it would be in the beginning of the phone book, and for the fact of it being an advantage to use us because of our broad array of offerings. :cool:

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

jimmypietsch

May 5, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Real Name
james pietsch
Business Location
United States
I let my wife name it. I wasn't sure at first, but it's Happy Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning. I was real skeptical. But almost all of our clients are women. They love it! No offense to anyone, but Turbo, Pro, flames on your van, is all guy stuff. Women aren't interested. We have clients sharing pics of our van all the time.

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
Well lets see....I was 19 when I came up with our name. I remember thinking "I need them to know who and what" as fast as possible. At 30 miles an hour they don't have time to read everything that is on the truck. So 3 words "I thought" will tell it.

Frank DiGi

Premium VIP
Sep 3, 2008
pa
www.dicarpetclean.com
Real Name
Frank
Business Location
United States
Most could not pronounce my last name so i used the first four letters of my last name for company name ...could not think of good one so it stuck..

Jul 7, 2012
Dover
Real Name
Todd Coney
Business Location
United States
My wife and daughter came up with our business name. There reasoning was to remind us where we came from. I really don't care for honestly but people always ask me what does "Hbg" stand for.

Nick Miladinov

Oct 10, 2013
Real Name
Nick Miladinov
Mine was Dyna-Clean when I started in 1985. I read the verse in the Good Book that said the creator is dynamic in power. After selling my first 5 truck company in 1993 I restarted the year after my non-compete ended. I went with Drynclean for 2 reasons. One is had same ring as my first Company. Second,I focused on getting carpets dry and clean before I left. How about you?
Just curious, is Dyna-Clean still in business? You must compete quite a bit no?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Just curious, is Dyna-Clean still in business? You must compete quite a bit no?
The man who bought my company had no idea how to run a business and the stress associated with everyday workings. Day to day problems including dealing with employees led him to a quick heart attack. Too much too fast I feel.

There was a guy who bought what was left and he has ran most of the vans in the ground and has one raggedy van running around and he looks like pigpen for Charlie Brown. After all that he is still riding off the momentum I created many years back. So we should never under estimate the power of momentum.

A Cleaner Approach

Jun 21, 2014
Northwest Arkansas
www.acleanerapproach.com
Real Name
Tim McCullough
Business Location
United States
Mine took quite a while brainstorming. Of course finding a name that wasn't already taken. Something I could eventually trademark. Finding a name that I could get the exact web address for. I didn't want to use my personal name or the word "carpet". I wanted to offer many services and any one of them could turn out to be my main service and the name would work with all. I knew the definition of the word "approach" that I wanted to relay to people: "to present, offer,or make a proposal". Basically letting people know that I am offering them a "cleaner" service. The letter A in the beginning will also get me listed first in phone books and other media.

Reactions: Scott W

SWAGMAN

May 26, 2015
Australia
Real Name
Steven Ladd
Hi guys I started my general cleaning business in 1990 under a different name , and then in 1992 I started cleaning carpets for three years I was cleaning carpets thinking that I new what I was doing until things went wrong and then in 1995 I came across some acreited training programmes and then I was hook I attended every and any training that I could fined , and then after three years of a lot of technical training I change my business name to Carpet tek. , with the slogan the Technicians in carpet cleaning ,

Reactions: Scott W