How did you come up with your business name? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

How did you come up with your business name?

Cleanred

Sep 4, 2012
Brother inlaw. He has a company called precision. Wonder why he wanted All Pro? Haha. Anyways it was to show up at the top of the listings for phone book. It worked. Now he hates me.

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
Originally was Service Knight. I hated it from day one. Also found out to other Service Knights started up and I was loosing web and calls to them. So I decided to change my name. Went through 100 ideas, and couldnt find one. A buddy owns an electrical contracting company called Brice and Williams INC. People will use him because he sounds like a very old company.

So using my best friends, my uncle and grandpop, I came up with Downing & Nelson, Co. Its 1000% different then most carpet cleaning companies and I will tell you the lawyer name has worked out very well this past year.

Also helps to have a uniform image.

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
We also do a lot of services beyond carpet cleaning, and honest to god if I am still cleaning residential carpets in 5 years I will shoot myself. So I wanted something that would easily transition.

BioSteam

What a Joke !!!
May 20, 2014
Lexington
Real Name
Jason J Calcaterra
Business Location
United States
I came up with BioSteam as a result of green cleaning request.. alot of the products I buy say bio friendly ....so BioSteam is what I went with.
I think the bio friendly clean or the aggressive style clean people like. Plus I only HWE or Rinse "no soap to the wand approach" is what I call it

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
SunBreeze Cleaning Services was chose for several reasons. SunBreeze was meant to bring to mind a Fresh Clean Sunny day, much like a Spring day. It has a fresh airy name and it brings to mind the great outdoors and the clean feeling of a bright sunny day. The name was also general enough to allow other types of cleaning services and all sorts of cleaning that I might add in the future.

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Back in 1992 when I went out on my own I was going to call my company
Diamond Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning.
When I did a name search to register Diamond , it was already registered in my province of Manitoba.
I chose Emerald instead from the recommendation of my Dad.
He was in the watchmaking trade and said " Grant, an Emerald is far more valuable and prestigious than any diamond.
Also liked that it is green ( clean, environmental. bla bla bla)
My wife bought me an Emerald ring to celebrate 10 years in business back in 2002
image.jpg

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
I came up with BioSteam as a result of green cleaning request.. alot of the products I buy say bio friendly ....so BioSteam is what I went with.
I think the bio friendly clean or the aggressive style clean people like. Plus I only HWE or Rinse "no soap to the wand approach" is what I call it
Makes sense Jason , nice name.

russrroberts

Jan 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ
www.steamnfresh.com
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
So when I was doing sub CC work for an installation company, they required me to have workers comp and the lady wouldn't let me have the policy in my personal name so in a moments notice I just did my last name and Floorcare. Boom Roberts Floorcare was made and now I'm stuck with the name. :/

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Originally was Service Knight. I hated it from day one. Also found out to other Service Knights started up and I was loosing web and calls to them. So I decided to change my name. Went through 100 ideas, and couldnt find one. A buddy owns an electrical contracting company called Brice and Williams INC. People will use him because he sounds like a very old company.

So using my best friends, my uncle and grandpop, I came up with Downing & Nelson, Co. Its 1000% different then most carpet cleaning companies and I will tell you the lawyer name has worked out very well this past year.

Also helps to have a uniform image.
I like it 1000% better than Service Knight. ;-)

Reactions: jaymark

Hammmy

Jan 26, 2015
Real Name
Mike Paulsen
Extreme clean cu

Extreme clean is catchy

Cu stands for champaign urbana where I'm from I started a trend there is now a

With clean
With plumbing
With construction
And I'm sure others.

When I started my business I came up with an awesome radio commercial that told the story perfectly and was very unique in nature, then the bit that I was working with stole my style and flooded the airwaves which really pissed me off she just ran the whole thing into the ground and well anyway needed to get that off my chest. Thanks.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
When I started my business I came up with an awesome radio commercial that told the story perfectly and was very unique in nature, then the bit that I was working with stole my style and flooded the airwaves which really pissed me off she just ran the whole thing into the ground and well anyway needed to get that off my chest. Thanks.
Ouch & wow!

FloorCareMD

Apr 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
Real Name
Mike Craig
Business Location
United States
Carpet Doctor!!!!
When I knew I was starting this business there was no other name I wanted. Low and behold it was not taken in Florida so I became an s corp and secured the name.
Originally, we were namd Tile Doctor. No one had it in PA. , but some cry baby down south had that name too for a totally different type of business. (and we had it first too ;) ) He made a threat to take me to court over the name. We (and my lawyer) decided it was not worth the fight so it was changed to FloorCareMD to keep the medical theme to match our product names and service.
This time it is Trademarked..
PS we also expanded into commercial carpet cleaning so being forced to drop the Tile Doctor name was a positive thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Pres is the first 4 letters of my last name. I wanted my name incorporated in my business name somehow without being obvious....kinda a play on words. I also wanted a name that stood out.

Therefore, I chose Presidential Cleaning.
People ever call you Prez for short growing up?

Latest posts